===>Whats the MAXimum amount of money you would pay per character transfer?<===

Talsalus

Not one damn cent for any character on my original server!

Why, because I took it in good faith that joining the pre-launch guild program Bioware hyped would be worthwhile and it was Biowares choice NOT mine that stuck me on that dead server.

Now as far as rolls on my choice of servers, I would not be happy, but would agree to having to pay a small fee for those if I wanted to transfer.

Edited by WookieePower

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to handle this and to build healthly populations is to direct transfers to servers. They know which servers have less Republic than Imperial etc. This way they can control where people are going. IF people want to pick a server of their choosing then there should be a 25 dollar fee for all characters linked to your legacy. That way people who don't want to pay can move to a more desired location but people who want to transfer to a server of their choice have options as well.

Considering population has been a gigantic kerfuffle for many servers, including my own, I don't feel that I would owe EA or Bioware anything more than my subscription fee. If server merges came first and resolved the problem, I'd happily pay equal to an extra month of subscription if I wished a character moved.

If server merges didn't come first, I'd like to see character transfers free for a reasonable period of time. If this ends up looking like it was intentional to stress their audience for a money grab like this all along, I'll be holding onto my money. Maybe even subscription money.

Since I'm on light pop servers nothing, paying money to transfer to a more populous server would be outrageous, after an initial wave of server transfers to consolidate server pops the max I'd pay would be £10.

Transfers should be part of the service you get in a subscription mmo. If it's a free to play/cash shop mmo then sure, charge for the transfer. Shouldn't be extra when you already pay a sub. Doesn't matter that they have to staff actual personnel to handle transfers - it should be in their budget from their subscription income. It doesn't cost anything to call customer service for Xbox/Sony/Nintendo, they just factor the cost of paying people to answer their phones into the price they ask for their product.

Should there be a limit on the frequency of transfers? Sure, otherwise you're asking for abuse. One a week? Each character once a month? Something reasonable would be fine.

Let's hope they don't copy WoW's model of "free transfers off of good servers onto dead servers" because that just doesn't work for more than a few dozen people that hate having people to play with.

Also, need more character slots.

If they try to fix this population mess that they caused by making people pay for it i will have no choise but to unsub. I dont have alot of faith in bw or ea after seeing all of the horrible decisions they have made so far but i still dont think they are dumb enough to try to make people pay to fix their own mistake. but i have no problem with them charging to transfer servers later on $25 seems a littl hight o me though maybe 10 or 15.

But they need to make these transfers happen soon or it wont matter, everyday im wondering why i still pay for this game when i cant really play it. i have 2 level 50's and 2 40's on a server that went from long que times to 15 people on the fleet in prime time, i could reroll to another server but why should i if they are going to have tranfers soon ? i could go level my alts on my original server so i can transfer them later but why shoudl i when i dont know if , when or if they will charge me to tranfer my characters?

Get it together bioware, youre losing us.

Nothing, They NEED to do server merges for free first. After that I have no desire to move. I just want to be on a semi-populated server.

I refuse to pay to move my character just because of server pop issues. If the only option for me to get to a populated server was to pay a fee, I would rather unsub. I'm waiting for them to do the right thing and merge dead servers.

I imagine it would be more expensive than WoW. The reason being they have a lot more data to keep track on for a character then WoW.

They have all the things that WoW does, (race, gender, customization, items,..) then on top they also have choices in story, ship, companions, legacy etc. So it taking more work I expect it to be more expensive.

In a modern MMO like Rift, you can change servers instantly on demand without any GM interaction, the only real limit being that some servers are closed because they are full, and you can only do it once per week to throttle the transfers a bit. GW2 is letting you log your characters on as guests to other servers in some capacity.

WoW charges because it can or perhaps because its server architecture isn't up to snuff, but new MMOs are competing with the new standard.

sad thing is WoW get tons and tons of income from microtransactions like factionchange, server change, race change. etc. I don't think swtor should copy that system exactly, but there are people out there that would pay for these services if they ever were to offer them.