The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regarding server queues

StephenReid

the queues are getting a little out of hand, it's getting even worse now that people have found they can just auto run into a wall and avoid the AFK kick.

imo BW have tried to do too much to get a smooth launch that it has ruined the whole thing. i don't see it being fixed untill launch tbh as they have said the servers are capped lower than they should be in order to force the population to spread out over the servers.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

******** d**** need to shut up telling people a multiplayer is not for playing with friends. *******.

q4t

Fact that 40ish guildies from wow have all been put on Bloodworth (EU) by Bioware, really sucks. We went there on the basis we would have had a spread of guilds across the servers.

We all now wait in 3 hour queues hoping we can get in, and not daring to log out.

We NEED server caps to be upped before launch, or new servers with free GUILD transfers assigned by Bioware (so all the guilds dont move) and balance it out a bit.

Things I managed to do while being in the stupid queue.

1. 75 minutes boxing training

2. 20 minutes bath

3. 60 minutes walk with the cat

...returned from the walk and I'm still in the queue.

I'd never, ever pay monthly for this - which is kind of sad, because I enjoy the game a lot. I don't really want to put my playing hours into a schedule or start my computer and queue five hours ahead because I might want to play an hour or so in the evening.

10 HOUR QUEUE!

Seriously, this is getting out of hand, I was in earlier, I disconnected, then I endure a 5 hour queue, yes thank you, I was ok with that, it happens.

I get back in AFTER 5 HOURS, and I switch to fullscreen and it CRASHES

Another 5 hour queue for me coming up... THANK YOU!!!

I'm playing on a "Full" server but to me it's rare to see more then 2-3 people while questing. I know there's different instances but to me it still seems like there are not that many people online.. and it's still 1 hour que.

this is exactly what i thought. maybe they are afraid that the players will rage because of server lags, so they only let in a few players

it's getting even worse now that people have found they can just auto run into a wall and avoid the AFK kick.

How is this bioware's fault?

This is stupid idiots being stupid. This has nothing to do with bioware.

The only solution for this would be to kick people out after they've been playing X amount of time, but you KNOW people would be whining about that as well.

The reality is that the idiots are breaking the game, NOT bioware/EA. People that shouldn't be playing the game yet are taking slots meant for someone who SHOULD, just because they're too damn impatient to wait. People who should be logging out aren't because they want to break the system.

Reality check:

Bioware can't control either of those (well, they could, at least one of them by blocking IP ranges). These people need to be kicked to the curb and reported.

No, the game itself costs $60. That's a standard game price, look it up.

The 30 day's credit is just that, JUST like EGA you're currently on, it is free.

As far as a refund, good luck with that. You opened the box, you redeemed the codes, you played the game. You'll get nothing legally for a refund, nothing at all.

Quit whining, find a server that has no queues and play there.

The first 30 day subscription is included in the game's price. It is not a "free" period. I know this because I read the small print.

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

Wheres the offer to transfer whole guilds to a standard realm eh?

at release each and every mmorpg has problems with queues, because A LOT of people are excited to play the new game, they login and stay logged in for 5-6 hours straight, not leaving the server. Thus creating queues. That's why I was expecting queues in this game as well. Around and up to 2-2.5 hour queues. Today when I entered the queue I was the 2084th, now 3 hours and 12 minutes have passed, I'm 801st.... 3 hours for 1200 people and I got 800 more to go, since the 1200 people that got in won't be leaving anytime soon, the 800 people before me will take another 3 hours, thus totaling at a 6 hour queue. BIOWARE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

I've experienced it in WoW, WAR, AoC etc but I've never seen a server with a queue period of 6 hours before. well Tomb of Freedon Nadd is the exception now!!

Queuing to get into Tomb of Freedon Nadd - 3hours so far and 1048 ahead of me still.

I am only on that server as Bioware assigned my guild to it. If we could all be transferred elsewhere that would be great.

Shame the Spanish landed and spoiled it for everyone else.