Current state of the game for mercs is..

pllague

BAD.

Flashpoints: i cant get into a Lost Island group for the life of me because i lack an interupt ability. i have to form my own group and pray i can find a tank and 2 interupters and it makes it really hard to get the dailies/weeklys done.

Ops: mercs do really well in ops (thank god) but do i really have to limit myself to play my merc only 2 nights a week?

PVP: is terrible to solo queue for because everyone knows to swap and focus mercs because they do alot of damage with little survivability and can easily be interupted until death. the nerf to mercs wouldnt be so bad if there wasnt so much godforsaken CC/interupts goin on. mercs do really well when stacked in premades because you cant focus all of them but do i really have to start merc only premades to be effective?

i am not a flavor of the month player so you wont see me swapping all over the place and playing whats best because i dont have the time to do the upkeep on all my toons. it feels as if Bioware is gonna continue to do this so im gonna give Bioware some time to fix their mistakes. i will be leveling alts (repub and sith) just to see the story/lore of the game that i bought and then call it quits. had about 15 IRL/long time MMO friends playing in the beginning and now im down to just me and my brother that play while they all are back to WoW or went to tera. this is really a downer because i always told myself that id never quit a SW mmo. and no i will not go back to WoW or follow over to tera because those games are just bad...

i don't remember using interrupt in lost island and i did it yesterday, fyi i'm operative and for first boss it favours long range dps so very much so your issue of lost island is wrong. only tank needs to interrupted 1 ability on first boss the rest you can heal through or walk out of Edited by AnEvilBus

• 1 month later...
I have also found the lack of an interupt for my merc a concern in groups as some players get irate at you for not having one and it would be nice to have. The other problems I have found to be anoying for my merc is the long cast times on nearly all of my abilities, the fact you cant realy attack one the move so if target goes out of range you have to move and get reset all the time and I understand that they had to reduce the DFA attack area due to its damage but why does our other area attack have the same problem its attack is abought the same as everyone elses area attack so why was it reduced/or as small as DFA. Im not a big pvp player but when I do get into groups the first comments I see in chat is O now not a merc and that sort of thing. I know there suposivly making some changes in 1.3 for the mercs so will have to see if they make a diferance to the game players responce to mercs ingame.

I'm with them, most people would rather take a Merc over a melee DPS in Lost Island, due to how stacked that fight is against melee. Tank interrupts one, and hell we used have the healer sometimes interrupt the other. Now we just over gear it (still need to stop incinerate though).

Maybe it is a server thing?

First time I cleared LI was with three Merc's and a PT, second boss was the only one that gave us trouble. If the tank can't handle interrupting then your better off not going with the group. It would definitely start to set off warning flags in my book for PuG's to watch out for.

i can find a tank and 2 interupters

This is silly. The only person who needs an interrupt ability is the tank when you use ranged DPS. If you have melee DPS then that melee must also have an interrupt. The cast interval for incinerate is greater than 8 seconds.

I do think mercs should get an interrupt but baddies are baddies when it comes to pug'ing flashpoints - don't pug flashpoints.

This is silly. The only person who needs an interrupt ability is the tank when you use ranged DPS. If you have melee DPS then that melee must also have an interrupt. The cast interval for incinerate is greater than 8 seconds.

I do think mercs should get an interrupt but baddies are baddies when it comes to pug'ing flashpoints - don't pug flashpoints.

i had had a post written up very similar...

the group i run with has NO problems running ANY HM...hell, me and my buddy have DUO'D all FP's EXCEPT LI (and ilum...we haven't tried those)

i'm just getting tired of explaining how Merc is VERY playable, only to get flamed by people that have no idea how to play this class.

Current state is poor.

Arsenal is in need of an overhaul for PvP. The class needs roots and immunities that snipers have access too.

Pyro needs some tweeking to bring it up to par with the powertech. PowerShot made instant and 100% chance to apply snare for starters.

Bodyguard needs something to make it desirable for PvP/PvE.

Current state is poor.

Arsenal is in need of an overhaul for PvP. The class needs roots and immunities that snipers have access too.

Pyro needs some tweeking to bring it up to par with the powertech. PowerShot made instant and 100% chance to apply snare for starters.

Bodyguard needs something to make it desirable for PvP/PvE.

all are very good improvements!!

when combined as a whole, Merc is poor, i agree...

especially, Merc/Ars in PvP.