Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Commandos! Do NOT reroll!

Kushtaka

You need to re-learn to play the class. Commando Gunnery are not meant for PVP anymore, you need to respec to Assault Spec, yes they need to rework the tree for commmandos in AS. But with AS your more mobile and have more instant cast. You will have the same DPS as you did pre 1.2.

But Gunnery has now become more viable in PVE due to the higher dps because you are not getting hit or interrupted in raiding. Yes Gunnery is a turret thats why you get interrupted in PVP, maybe thats why your QQing. Maybe also why you guys are QQ about gunnery commando is that you are unwilling to try Assault Spec. Try it, learn the new rotation. You will enjoy it.

Please Im just trying to get the word out, gunnery is better for PVE>>PVP, assault spec is better for PVP>>PVE.

Re-learn the class and also learn play a new role, wait and target other peoples target and burn them down. Remember your range so let the front melee take the first wave of attack and you sneak in with your cannon and blow them up.

ENJOY!!!

lol assault spec is even more garbage...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newsflash, the rotation is the same...

Maybe for you, but for most of the people having their own pity party it was simply ...grav.....grav.....grav....grav...grav....moar grav... (sub grav for Tracer for mirror sake) now the survivability hit i can empathize with. Not to mention the healing nerf. Thats just uncalled for. But as a dps commando we are right in line. I have been very consistantly the TOP dmg dealer, most kills, and objectives since around lvl 15. I dont claim to be the best. Just gets frustrating trying to scour the forums for info and only finding whining.

Maybe for you, but for most of the people having their own pity party it was simply ...grav.....grav.....grav....grav...grav....moar grav... (sub grav for Tracer for mirror sake) now the survivability hit i can empathize with. Not to mention the healing nerf. Thats just uncalled for. But as a dps commando we are right in line. I have been very consistantly the TOP dmg dealer, most kills, and objectives since around lvl 15. I dont claim to be the best. Just gets frustrating trying to scour the forums for info and only finding whining.

Totally Agree to the post, those poeple just want EZ mode and not willing to use some tactics.

Show mox parser numbers or i do not believe it. peeps in your ops might deliver low dps but really??? average dps 700-750 as an average.

My DPS was 1153 on one of the Toth/Zorn runs last night, 1:42 parse. We didn't down those two last night on HM, but my lowest DPS was ~800 (bad run) and my average was around 1050.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q548/emcindoo/parse.jpg

We tried to run MOX but 2 people had their .NET framework crash and another person had serious frame rate issues, so all I have is my parse. Hope it helps.

Sarcasm is lost on some...

Didn't know Sheldon Cooper posted here ... :eek:

Anyway, the nerf to Merc/Commando DPS was a bit too harsh. I won't say that no nerf was needed, because it really was but it's like Blizzard and Arcane vs Fire for Mages ... no little and smart adjustments, just pulled the lever fully to nerf or buff.

Just by reading your well thought out posts I can tell a few things, possibly:

1. Your Commando is either an alt that's not level 50 yet or if it is your main you do not play at the level required to understand the main ideas of this thread.

2. You jumped on the Commando band wagon when YOU thought all we had to do was hit Grav Round and stand in one place for PvP.

3. You complain that you cannot find information here on this forum...this thread is full of all the info you'll ever need on the current state of PvP Gunnery spec.

4. We know what we need to do as far as a DPS rotation, we do not need you to remind us...but as I have said from the beginning: this thread is about PvP. And it is not just about damage. It is also about survivability and utility.

There are more than nerfed Grav Round damage issues here, those of us that are actually complaining and cancelling are looking at more than that:

-10% reduction to Grav Round (ok, that's pretty up front)

-Reduction to Charged Barrier (tied to...Grav Round, direct nerf to survivability)

-Tenacious Defense now reduces the cooldown of Concussion Charge by 2.5 seconds per point (direct nerf to survivability)

-Mortar Volley radius reduced (after months of having gimpy MV, that gets fixed only to have reduced AoE radius...why?)

-Muzzle Fluting...eh.........................

Ok, now for the buffs:

-10% damage increase to Demo Round (nice, on paper...but after 1.2c my Demo Round is now hitting for as much or less than before 1.2 due to a bug they fixed? Thanks Bioware)

-CoF proc increase (this is pretty nice but again, it's tied to...Grav Round)

Am I missing any "buffs"?

The nerfs would not have been so bad, PvP I'm talking here okay, if there would have been compensation in our survivability and utility. Lower our damage but give us the survivability of a Sorcerer/Sage...no? Okay, guess we settle for just lower damage. Oh, and I could really care less about how much damage you do in pug WZ's, that isn't the point, if it was we'd all be complaining everytime we see a tank do over 600k in a WZ...wait we do complain, ok nm.

Anyone who even suggests that pressing just Grav Round will or ever did yield 500k damage in any WZ is delusional. Anyone that tries to suggest that we could spam Grav Round and match the success of a Sorcerer spamming Force Lightning is just smoking crack.

Also, with Ranked WZ's coming, you have to look at the manpower vs resources vs functionality. How many people does it take to effectively deal with 1 Commando? 1 Marauder? 1 Assassin? 1 tank? 1 Sorc? 1 Operative? You tell me. I know the answer already FYI. And when I say deal with a Commando, I mean either kill them or keep them from doing their job. An Assault Commando could probably live longer but won't reliably provide the burst that Gunnery Commandos were made to do, especially now with the Charged Bolts nerf. Now how many people to deal with a Sorc, Marauder, tank spec Assassin, Jugg, etc etc? Why even take a Commando to be honest when any of those classes can provide the same and better damage and CC better than us and interrupt and survive with less resources dedicated to keeping them alive? I don't have the answer to that one.

So there you go, information for you. Need more? I'll be back at 11.

Oh and I am so happy that Slingers and Snipers had a 5% damage increase yesterday. Face slap: engaged.

Kushtaka you are absolutely right, they swung the nerf bat at us. And then hand an already top dps dealing class a 5% increase to one of the most used skills in their arsenal. So its not really 5%, its a hell of a lot more.

On our server commandos have been shunned out of ops in lieu of gunslingers and sentinels. Why you ask? Because they are trying to make our class more even in PvP (something thats so much an afterthought in this game I dont understand) and completely ruined us for a viable dps class in ops now.

I unsubbed and am watching my free month tick away. Onto the next MMO.

On our server commandos have been shunned out of ops in lieu of gunslingers and sentinels. Why you ask? Because they are trying to make our class more even in PvP (something thats so much an afterthought in this game I dont understand) and completely ruined us for a viable dps class in ops now.

I unsubbed and am watching my free month tick away. Onto the next MMO.

Uh, no, any 50 with a long eneough experience in warzones can assure you the class has not been made more "even" in PVP. Unless of course you meant "even crappier". People have been rerolling snipers and gunslingers like crazy.

Edited by sensiblepoast

Uh, no, any 50 with a long eneough experience in warzones can assure you the class has not been made more "even" in PVP. Unless of course you meant "even crappier". People have been rerolling snipers and gunslingers like crazy.

Well, according to all the melee classes, Commandos are "just fine"...that many people can't be wrong!:rolleyes:

after all these comments. i ll tell with numbers and gona ask things to BW and u!

before pacth my Grav Round was hitting 1950-2100 and critting 3200-3800!

after pacth my Grav Round hits 1450-1650 and crits 2200-2600!

i am on in same gear before patch. with( 2006 aim+ 100,01% accuracy+ 37,42 %crit+ 76,42%surge) with my rakata stim+consular buff(which i got with legacy all the time now from my lvl50 shadow tank)

so where is the nerf aproximately 10%? is this difference on numbers are just 10% really?

Before pacth my Demolution round was hitting 2200-2600 and critting 5200-7800(i always seen 7666 most of its crit, i dont know the reason)

After pacth my Demolution roun hit 1900-2200 and crits 4100-4900!

so where is the upgrade on it like approximately 10%? did u really upgrade it or nerfed it hard?

what is the point being a commando now? but i am still kicking asses as Dps (as MoX parser says ) in Explosive Conflict HM runs. i played most of classes have 4 of 50 lvl char. my legacy at 43 lvl.but i didnt get the point how they balanced classes! they just nerfed commando and that commando is still on top in raged dps classes.

most of ppl was whining about commando dps is so owerpowered. so tell me what is the Guardians+shadows dps now?(especially in shared talent trees, are you kidding me?)

and i am so sorry to hear that Yakito uninstalled game! i respect him much!

/loves Otisabi (Lord Calypho RP-PvP EU -- Core )

Sorry, you are talking out of your ***.

You have no math to back up what you say. You make up numbers that arent even close to correct. Your 2100 hit would crit for 3700 with 76% surge. Your new 1650 hit would crit for 2900.

Demo round with the old max damage you claim (2600) would crit for 5350 if you have 76% surge, which means with talents that demo round has 106% crit damage i.e 2600x206%=5350. Doing 2.2k more than that on crits requires you to have very high surge, which really isnt possible to get even with trinks and adrenals, since you are already that far up in surge. It would add maybe 5% which doesnt equal another 2.2k damage.

There was a short period after the patch when Heatseeker/Demo round added ALL heat signatures on the target to its damage, but that was a bug. So if you mean you did THAT high damage between 1.2 and the fix I can see the damage. But now its fixed, not nerfed, because it was a bug in the 1.2 release.

You are the first person I've seen that claims demo round/heatseeker hits for less post patch. Everyone else have seen a huge increase. Not only from the 10% damage boost, but from the fact that heat signatures add the extra 5% damage per stack.

You have no math to back up what you say. You make up numbers that arent even close to correct. Your 2100 hit would crit for 3700 with 76% surge. Your new 1650 hit would crit for 2900.

Demo round with the old max damage you claim (2600) would crit for 5350 if you have 76% surge, which means with talents that demo round has 106% crit damage i.e 2600x206%=5350. Doing 2.2k more than that on crits requires you to have very high surge, which really isnt possible to get even with trinks and adrenals, since you are already that far up in surge. It would add maybe 5% which doesnt equal another 2.2k damage.

There was a short period after the patch when Heatseeker/Demo round added ALL heat signatures on the target to its damage, but that was a bug. So if you mean you did THAT high damage between 1.2 and the fix I can see the damage. But now its fixed, not nerfed, because it was a bug in the 1.2 release.

You are the first person I've seen that claims demo round/heatseeker hits for less post patch. Everyone else have seen a huge increase. Not only from the 10% damage boost, but from the fact that heat signatures add the extra 5% damage per stack.

Wow...just...wow.

For your second set of numbers...

2. Has Commando/Merc been "nerfed into the ground"? Or are they now much like many other classes and no longer "easy", "uber", "no skill, keyboard face rollers"? When ever a class is adjusted down its screams of "I cant play like I used to!" or "I cant kill people anymore!". But it might not be that they are "too weak" but that a certain key stroke pattern is no longer "optimal". Again: adjust, inovate, and thrive.).

I question whether you've been playing commando since the update, or at all for that matter...

im glad i read the forums and found these posts by Redcom and Kashtuka. I'm the only lvl 50 commando in my guild and everybody thought i was crazy when i was complaining about dying faster because "it didnt say they lowered armor in the patch notes". so im just happy i dont feel like the only one that has noticed a major Debuff in the commando class. I still love the class and am gonna keep mine, i just hope Bioware realizes what they've done and gets on the road to fixing the problem. Thnx Redcom and kashtuka!

I wouldn't worry too much about what most people claim on these forums.

Nobody backs anything up with a parse, just "I feel like I do less damage/take more damage" and when you show parses they say the parse is not accurate for whatever reason.

im glad i read the forums and found these posts by Redcom and Kashtuka. I'm the only lvl 50 commando in my guild and everybody thought i was crazy when i was complaining about dying faster because "it didnt say they lowered armor in the patch notes". so im just happy i dont feel like the only one that has noticed a major Debuff in the commando class. I still love the class and am gonna keep mine, i just hope Bioware realizes what they've done and gets on the road to fixing the problem. Thnx Redcom and kashtuka!

No problem my friend. I just try to keep it real as a mother****er and in doing so I have received a few warnings from the forum mods. Fear not though my fellow soldiers, I'll keep fighting the good fight until we Commandos see justice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.