Does anyone still play scrappers?

Coyotecalls

I made a smuggler and it was fun, then it got nerfed and nerfed and nerfed again and now I have a 35 smuggler that I would really like to finish and get the buff from but.. yeah.. the character is so weak, so slow, Corso is so squishy now, I feel like I should be paid to play this AC it is SO BAD now.

They said at Guild Con "You can't make people play Smugglers." but, yeah, here's a helpful hint, what ever you are doing now, do the opposit. You have managed to suck the fun out of the class with the best story. You managed to make the single most fun PVP class into someone I feel is almost useless.

If you are going to make our AC so weak no one wants to play it can you give us a free respec to the other AC? Because, really, after playing other classes scrappers are HORRIBLE.

I play a smuggler and agent. I just enjoy their game style. My agent just hit 40 and is great fun playing as abit of a hybrid with a few heals spells. I don't really care what is nerfed and buffed i just play with what i got ;)

I play a smuggler and agent. I just enjoy their game style. My agent just hit 40 and is great fun playing as abit of a hybrid with a few heals spells. I don't really care what is nerfed and buffed i just play with what i got ;)

Same here. I learned years ago that when playing MMOs, "adjustments" :rolleyes: will be made. I can either roll with the punches or give up playing MMOs. I prefer to roll with the punches.

I have a 'slinger and a scoundrel and an operative. They play just fine for me. I do not, however, PvP so I leave that to others to expand upon.

Scoundrel here. Scrapper is crap now and never really was any use outside of warzones and leveling. Sawbones is a pain when soloing dailies. Dirty Fighting is quite crappy too, but sadly the best of the bunch. I'll go and halfheartedly level an Inquisitor.

long time scrapper now sawbones and occasionally dirty fighting when the guild needs dps. and warning people away from scoundrel in favor of slinger.

on a side note, corso, like all tank companions, will start to feel very squishy in the 30s, and non-healers should be running with dps and healer pets.

Scoundrel here. . Sawbones is a pain when soloing dailies.

?? Sawbones solos dailies very easily and can even stealth through the Belsavis heroic "communication fault" My set up of Akaavi Spar with just a touch of healing can solo 4-5 mobs at a go.

To answer the title of your thread, I actually havn'

t seen one in pvp (or the Imp equivalent) since 1.2. But that might not be a good estimation of the state of them, I have barely pvped since 1.2, it kinda died on my server.

Agreed. I pvp all the time and rarely see another smuggler, let alone scoundrel AC. thats partly why I still pvp so much. Showing that the least played AC can still get near or at the top of the charts is its own small victory.

I love this class, I had played Marauder and Mercenary through to 50. Then wondered what it'd be like on the giving end of shoot first for a change in pvp/open world instead of always being on receiving! Haven't noticed too much difference since 1.2 only thing I have trouble dropping is a marauder/sentinel once they pop their CDs

I'm level 37 at the moment doing missions on Quesh. I"m not really having any problems leveling as a scrapper. I don't use Corso, I switched to Bowdaar, as long as you keep the gear updated with yours it shouldn't be a problem or I use Akaavi and off heal when needed. I actually had more problems with my gunslinger at this level. Which is why I stopped leveling him at 41 and re-rolled scoundrel to see if the leveling experience was any easier. Edited by Hopsinwhat

Scrapper main as well. I don't PVP, but I will be exploring that arena soon. If what I'm hearing is correct, and Scoundrels/Smugglers really aren't that popular anymore...then if I wait long enough, people will forget how to fight a Scoundrel Scrapper and end up losing. :D

As far as companions go, once you get Guss Tuno, you'll be nigh unstoppable. It's great to have someone spam heals at you all day. I find I can take elites without having either my companion or myself die (after lvl 30 or so, Corso would be a guaranteed death with almost every single elite). The only downside is Corso is more fun in dialogues than Guss.

Scrapper main as well. I don't PVP, but I will be exploring that arena soon. If what I'm hearing is correct, and Scoundrels/Smugglers really aren't that popular anymore...then if I wait long enough, people will forget how to fight a Scoundrel Scrapper and end up losing. :D

As far as companions go, once you get Guss Tuno, you'll be nigh unstoppable. It's great to have someone spam heals at you all day. I find I can take elites without having either my companion or myself die (after lvl 30 or so, Corso would be a guaranteed death with almost every single elite). The only downside is Corso is more fun in dialogues than Guss.

from what ive heard,scrappers are in the same boat as concealment operatives.meaning,not really that good

but i dont know.after watchin that battlemaster scrapper scoundrels livestream of some warzones im thinkin about rollin one anyway.they look pretty fun and he wasnt doin that bad

I played Scrapper up to level 46 untill 1.2 came out. I respecced for Sawbones since the killed PvP for Scrapper. You're a total liability to your team playing PvP as a scrapper.

so basically,you have no level 50 expierance playing a scrapper in pvp......

i would of at least gotten to 50 and tried out scrapper before i respec'd but thats just me.then again,i dont really see many scrappers in the lvl 50 bracket,and the ones ive fought.ive pretty much steamrolled and im in like full pve gear

eather way though,ive looked at assassins,operatives and scoundrels and i liked the sound of scoundrels the best.so i dont know

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I've been playing around with my scoundrel since 1.2. I really had to get used to it, but it still works. I still do fine in PvP, so I don't understand the "it's not playable anymore" posts.