Best thing to do would be to send out the access emails all of them

Rahl_Windsong

At least that way we would all know when our date was and we would not be here on these forums sitting on the edge of our seats hoping that something or someone will announce the proverbial "holy grail" of info so we do all know...

All I want is to know when thats it even if I only get in 5 minutes early at least then I know....and I don't waste my time sitting here wondering...

Just a thought...

I agree on the one hand, because it would be nice to know for sure "I will not get in before XXX". But if they do that and then hit a problem that delays things, the nerd rage will make the current nerd tantrum seem like what it is - a tantrum by a bunch of kids who have been told that they cannot open their Christmas presents early :p

My guess is that

a) They're staggering the invites based on how the servers are doing. They are probably constantly monitoring it so they don't crash the servers by letting too many people in at once. So they might not even know yet when you can get in.

b) They have a ton of emails to send out and you can't do that all at once. So they literally have to stagger them.

Patience. Go about your day, go to work or school, come back later. Or just bring your phone around with you and you'll see your email as soon as it arrives in your inbox.

Agreed. But I can understand there viewpoint. They need to be able to either add or subtract people from each wave. Also they probably don't have all the times cemented so that they can work and fix the servers that are up before working on new servers.

But seriously, can I play now?

My guess is that

a) They're staggering the invites based on how the servers are doing. They are probably constantly monitoring it so they don't crash the servers by letting too many people in at once. So they might not even know yet when you can get in.

b) They have a ton of emails to send out and you can't do that all at once. So they literally have to stagger them.

Patience. Go about your day, go to work or school, come back later. Or just bring your phone around with you and you'll see your email as soon as it arrives in your inbox.

GMail is slow, I still haven't gotten yesterdays guild deployment email.

If any of you would actually bother to check the stickies at the top of the page, or go to the dev tracker you could all stop speculating and guessing and actually learn the reasons things are being done the way they are.

I know reading and searching are hard, but lets at least try.

Edited by OdwinOddball

At least that way we would all know when our date was and we would not be here on these forums sitting on the edge of our seats hoping that something or someone will announce the proverbial "holy grail" of info so we do all know...

All I want is to know when thats it even if I only get in 5 minutes early at least then I know....and I don't waste my time sitting here wondering...

Just a thought...

Because they know, just like I know, that if they did that, people would start trying to download the client right away even if they don't have access yet. People's reading ability isn't very good past the point where they read that they are in early access. They would be raging that they can't get in, despite the email going on to say when they will be allowed to get in :p.