The cost of extracting mods is pretty...bad

thebigdmkilla

38k a Mod or enhancement to move from my BM gear to my new modifiable BM gear, so each piece is 120k, so for a full set that's 600k. Understandable people have monies and things like that, but I just came back from not playing since about 2 months ago and Trying to make money now is much harder, 5k cash from a PvP win is pretty sad. I do all the dailies and that gives me about 150-200k MAYBE a day. So...yea. My feedback for the day

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 45k~ for war hero mod removal. Cost a pretty penny, and should. You're removing some of the best mods in the game to make a customized pvp suit. The crafting pieces you stick the mods into are expensive too.

I've spent 4M since 1.2 came out, and I'm happy with the system. I like having a game economy. I dislike the welfare state where losers get comms and lazy people get credits. Down with the welfare state!

It's 45k~ for war hero mod removal. Cost a pretty penny, and should. You're removing some of the best mods in the game to make a customized pvp suit. The crafting pieces you stick the mods into are expensive too.

I've spent 4M since 1.2 came out, and I'm happy with the system. I like having a game economy. I dislike the welfare state where losers get comms and lazy people get credits. Down with the welfare state!

It'd be nice if PvP actually generated some money though. All it does is force you to grind dailys for more money and there's nothing hard about that either. Though I think you no longer end up with 0 credit for losing a WZ, so it shouldn't be as bad.

The problem is, it forces PVP only people to go do PVE dailies...PVP people dont want to go do dailies every day, they want to PVP. And when you force PVP people to do PVE things, they just desub in the end... Edited by Ushela

38k a Mod or enhancement to move from my BM gear to my new modifiable BM gear, so each piece is 120k, so for a full set that's 600k. Understandable people have monies and things like that, but I just came back from not playing since about 2 months ago and Trying to make money now is much harder, 5k cash from a PvP win is pretty sad. I do all the dailies and that gives me about 150-200k MAYBE a day. So...yea. My feedback for the day

Even if it's 4... -> 4<- days, how is that long to adjust something you won't get in much faster than a month o.o

4 days, a mere, tiny, almost laughable ammount of time and you have what you want, how is that pice exessive at all?

The problem is, it forces PVP only people to go do PVE dailies...PVP people dont want to go do dailies every day, they want to PVP. And when you force PVP people to do PVE things, they just desub in the end...

I don't do dailies, I DO use my crafting and I DO play the GTN while waiting for a queue instead of AFKing.

Even if it's 4... -> 4<- days, how is that long to adjust something you won't get in much faster than a month o.o

4 days, a mere, tiny, almost laughable ammount of time and you have what you want, how is that pice exessive at all?

I do not play this game to grind out credits, I play to pvp.

Exactly, I don't play to grind credits, I play to PVP. I have 400 in each craft, but I just don't want to have to play the GTN to play the game honestly. I think it should cost somthing..I took a two month break so that is why I don't have millions..I'm just saying like 15k, would be more reasonable.

The problem is, it forces PVP only people to go do PVE dailies...PVP people dont want to go do dailies every day, they want to PVP...

And this is a problem so many fail to acknowledge. If Pvpers wanted to grind PvE dailies then they would go do them, forcing us to do these things so we can be more effective in PvP is stupid.

People will still come here and tell you that you dont need creds, its a luxury and all other rubbish however. Luckily for me i have only had to swap mods out of a chest and my BM saber, since i cant afford to lose the 4 set bonus right now.

When i make my 2nd PvP suit however (tank mods in DPS shell) thats going to be very very expensive!

Edited by AKfourtyseven

The problem is, it forces PVP only people to go do PVE dailies...PVP people dont want to go do dailies every day, they want to PVP. And when you force PVP people to do PVE things, they just desub in the end...

Sadly this is a carebare game and people will tell go play GW2 if you want to PvP "will do". Somehow people like being treated as zombies and they seems to love the MMO grinding system. Too bad TERA has the same crappy system so the last hope is GW2.

Sadly this is a carebare game and people will tell go play GW2 if you want to PvP "will do". Somehow people like being treated as zombies and they seems to love the MMO grinding system. Too bad TERA has the same crappy system so the last hope is GW2.

You mean Rakghouls.

You mean Rakghouls.

I don't mind PVE'ing as well, but spending 2 hours or more of my game time doing dailies, is not what I call a good investment of time. Now I enjoy them for the first few days, and the event is great. I just think PvP should give a little more cash.

I don't mind PVE'ing as well, but spending 2 hours or more of my game time doing dailies, is not what I call a good investment of time. Now I enjoy them for the first few days, and the event is great. I just think PvP should give a little more cash.

I mean rakghouls instead of zombies.

Edited by vimm

A middle ground is actually the best.

PvP'ers shouldn't be forced into doing PvE dailies. I have never had a money problem in this game, but I'm not going to do some repetitive idiotic quest to get money if I should need them. It's not only boring and EXTREMELY un-engaging but people are also tired of repetitive grind. If you want dailies make'em interesting and a **** load of them so it isn't the same 5-10 you do every day.

Honestly its not weird that people buy creds from a 3rd party, its more fun to go to work..

How do you guys not have millions? What are you spending your credits on?

I have 6 million after getting 2 augmented wh pieces w/ augments in them.

Probably be back up to 7-8 million in a day or so.

cuz i pvp... i havent been to belsavis or correlia in months... and the money from wz's is just enough to get me by.

....also i send money to my alts sometimes.

edit: that being said... i think the costs are fine. otherwise people would have too many credits with nothing to do with them.

Edited by lordkhouri

And those who care about pvp will eventually move on to GW2. Skill based pvp and a heck of a lot more meaningful.

I believe both games will co-exist, good for the gaming industry, forces dev's to care about their customers regardless of where they are coming from.

I do not play this game to grind out credits, I play to pvp.

Then you can get the exact same performance from your standard PvP gear as almost everyone else.

If you want to move the mods to a piece of custom gear with an Augment slot then you should have to pay for the performance increase.

We need MORE credit sinks in this game, not less.

Then you can get the exact same performance from your standard PvP gear as almost everyone else.

If you want to move the mods to a piece of custom gear with an Augment slot then you should have to pay for the performance increase.

Why? genuinely curious - no sarcasm

Not everyone is moving parts to get an "increase of performance", i'm moving the parts because the new set simply looks awful, at least for the Assasin it is simply unacceptable, Jesus, who design that dress? OMG! ***! are you kidding me!, the tights? the the crown? for a Sith!?

The cost of mod swapping is outrageous. I cannot recover from this level of expense. I am doing daily and selling things and spending hours trying to get unbroke enough to swap them. I am always out of money now, and frankly I have done 100's of dailys. This is ridiculous, you can't make me rehash that old content 3 to 4 hours a day just to swap mods out on my two suits. At the release of 1.2 I am literally stopping my character development because I don't want to grind cash to swap mods. The cost of these things is making me very tired of playing SWTOR.

funny thing is, at the guild summit didn't they say that less than 16% of players at lvl50 had over a million? Yet now we have all this legacy stuff that costs a total of 12mil to buy it all, and just to give your char the best gear you're spending hundreds of thousands of creds. So...wth? Doesn't match with what they said at all, just doesn't make any sense to me.

EDIT: corrected % of players

Edited by Xtrema

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.