Watchman PVE Build?

xTWIZZLERTx

• 3 weeks later...

So is Inflamation truly a PvP-only ability? For example, is it really better to have a 100% chance of +1 Focus from Force Leap by putting 2 pts in Focused Leap than it is putting those 2 pts in Inflamation?

I've still got a ways to go before I can get Tier 6, but at some point I'll have to choose between the two.

Alternatively I could also put one in each (getting 50% chance of +1 focus on leap and 50% chance of slow on cauterize), but that may be watering them both down too much.

Thoughts?

So is Inflamation truly a PvP-only ability? For example, is it really better to have a 100% chance of +1 Focus from Force Leap by putting 2 pts in Focused Leap than it is putting those 2 pts in Inflamation?

I've still got a ways to go before I can get Tier 6, but at some point I'll have to choose between the two.

Alternatively I could also put one in each (getting 50% chance of +1 focus on leap and 50% chance of slow on cauterize), but that may be watering them both down too much.

Thoughts?

Why would you want too slow a BOSS's movement speed in raids? they usually stay at the same spot anyway and will be tanked by a tank (ofc). Your job as dps is to hit that bastard while the tanks job is to keep him where he is most of the time.

On a side note: Afaik, all operation bosses have a buff that prevents them from being slowed

Please give me one example where it is useful to slow a boss down, I'd be very surprised if you could come up with any. (Don't get this the wrong way, I'm not trying to flame, just really interested in how you came up with this idea)

Edited by Stealios

I don't really know why you guys are using defensive roll at all if you're just focusing on pve. Most boss fights you can just move out of the way of the aoe attacks and lesser mobs don't aoe that much.

Apparently you have never done EC HM.

idk about you guys, but I pvp and pve both. Ever since the healing nerf in 1.2 and the change to inflammation I take the 2 points from watchguard and put them into inflammation. I'm not one to spend countless amounts of credits for a respec every time I wanna pvp/pve.

The slow effect can't be placed on Bosses. It would be awesome, because that would open up Opportune Strike for us to get some free damage out of. I still however use it on some trash mobs that can be slow'd in Explosive Conflict.

Don't sleep on Steadfast. Why have enhancements with accuracy on them when you can gain that in Steadfast. Thats 2-3 enhancements that can be changed out for Adept ones.

Please give me one example where it is useful to slow a boss down, I'd be very surprised if you could come up with any. (Don't get this the wrong way, I'm not trying to flame, just really interested in how you came up with this idea)

No offense taken Stealios. There have been a number of times I've run missions, or even Flashpoints, with a Sage or Shadow Jedi and either a Gunslinger or a range dps Trooper. In those instances (or when I'm just running with Kira) I do wind up tanking a fair bit myself. Sometimes the boss I'm piling on leaps away to clobber one of the others, and since I don't have Guardian-esque taunting powers, I have to chase after them. Usually I can just force leap back on top of them, but whoever they were rushing over too has to scoot. I could see how slow might be worth something in such instances.

My basic quandry is that, to get to tiers 6 and 7 I have to take 2 points between Recompense, Inflammation, Focused Leap and Force Fade.

* Rebuke is nice, but I rarely use Riposte, so like most folks, I'm inclined to give Recompense a miss.

* Pre 1.2 I thought I'd put both points in in Force Fade to get the damage reduction, but now you just get +2 seconds. I don't know if that's worth it. Is that 2s really key to getting clear of a boss handing you your rear?

* Focused Leap is an easy, but "meh", choice, but I don't know if +1 focus on every force leap is worth 2 pts. (I'd put them in Jedi Crusader and get +1 every 3s whenever Rebuke's up if they didn't have to go in Watchman.)

* Then there's inflamation, which seems clearly geared to PvP (which admittedly I've not experimented with yet). Still, I thought I should at least consider it, and see what folks on the forum thought.

Thanks for weighing in with your thoughts...and for the tip from you and Spungey on slow not effecting Ops Bosses. Is that the case for ALL bosses, or just Ops?

Don't sleep on Steadfast. Why have enhancements with accuracy on them when you can gain that in Steadfast. Thats 2-3 enhancements that can be changed out for Adept ones.

Oh, yeah Spungey. You raise an interesting point on Steadfast. I've seen folks saying that later in the game the +3% accuracy isn't worth the 3 points given all the gear with the option of accuracy bumps. Could you elaborate?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.