Leveling a Human to 50

codyr

so a dev at the guild summit said leveling a species to 50 unlocks all of the character customization options that the species has (like scars and tattoos). well, this appears not to be the case for humans, as leveling one to 50 does not unlock tattoos for classes that don't already have a tattoo option, and even then, you don't have access to the other faction's tattoos. so... yeh. leveling a human to 50 really actually provides nothing beyond the presence buff. that's a big bummer.

I was under the impression that what leveling a species to 50 got you is the ability to make any other class that species. Because a human Sith Warrior has tattoo options, but not a Jedi. The presense buff is because every class can already be human. As opposed to Chiss, for instance, which can only be 2 classes.

well they did say it also unlocked all the options, like twileks having scar body-mods on the imperial side should be available to republic characters now, too, and not just the battle-scars. that was actually the example the dev used, the scars that twileks have. i haven't tested that or heard one way or another if any of that is true, but i was disappointed to find that it doesn't work at least with humans.

It unlocks the race specific features for the opposing faction. That is what you're thinking of, i believe. For example, you can't make a Jedi zabrac with a red face, but if you level a sith zabrac, then you'll be able to. it doesn't however, allow you to give the zabrac tatoos to a human, which seems to be what you're thinking.

Leveling a human to 50 does one thing - a 100 point bonus to presence for the Legacy. Getting any other species to 50 unlocks it for use with any class, on either faction.

If you level a cyborg to 50 is allows you to use all class/faction specific cyborg customization's during char creation for a new cyborg. i thought this was the case with any race you leveled to 50. Doesn't appear to be the case with humans.

If you level a cyborg to 50 is allows you to use all class/faction specific cyborg customization's during char creation for a new cyborg. i thought this was the case with any race you leveled to 50. Doesn't appear to be the case with humans.

Thanks for confirming that, I was hesitant to unlock Cyborgs because people have been reporting the cross-customization not unlocking anything for some races.

That's too bad though, would be nice to use Sith Warrior tattoos on an Inquisitor human, or Trooper tattoos on a BH.

Thanks for confirming that, I was hesitant to unlock Cyborgs because people have been reporting the cross-customization not unlocking anything for some races.

That's too bad though, would be nice to use Sith Warrior tattoos on an Inquisitor human, or Trooper tattoos on a BH.

this is also what i was hoping for, to use sith warrior / trooper tattoos on a consular, and i can confirm that you cannot do this for humans.

Edited by codyr

Yeah, when you create a new cyborg after leveling 1 to 50 the cybernetics bar now has 67 options instead of the 11 or so you'd normally have.

http://i.imgur.com/FTYpq.jpg

Does it add a second human option? I'm not at the house so I can't crank up TOR to check the gray-ed out options on the right, but I seem to remember seeing a second Zabrak that I haven't unlocked yet when creating a Jedi consular as a name-holder.

Moal

Does it add a second human option? I'm not at the house so I can't crank up TOR to check the gray-ed out options on the right, but I seem to remember seeing a second Zabrak that I haven't unlocked yet when creating a Jedi consular as a name-holder.

Moal

the second zabrak is the red-black version (which isn't really a zabrak but eh..)

there is no second human option.

I think some people are misunderstanding what the OP was saying. I believe what he's talking about is that, for example, Republic humans have the option to make a beard but no facial tatoos, Imperial humans have the option of facial tatoos but not beards.

He's disappointed that when you level a human to lvl 50, the features for the same race of the opposing factions are NOT unlocked (facial tattos for Republic humans or beard for Imperial human).

I agree, from what the developers said, I was under the impression that levelling a character to 50 unlocked all customization options for that race across both factions. Oh well, maybe in the future I suppose.