Gamestop pre orders, can we get it early?

Lordulic

People have a point regarding this.

Originally, CEs were supposed to get into the game first. However, people complained and that was changed.

Now, Digital Subscribers are getting all their "toys" first and CE has to wait because theirs is a physical copy?

Doesn't seem exactly fair.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, I just think that gamestop always seems to have a considerable issue with pre-order, pre-release, etc., type of stuff for MMOs. I could be wrong, but I'd think it happens everytime an MMO starts up, or has an expansion that's a big deal?

I bought a CE version for a friend of mine and they said when I bought it, no early access was granted. However, days before they game they (gamestop) are selling standard edition with early access. So, that's kind of discouraging about their capability.

Not that I use gamestop much as it is, but no need to after this.

Anyone else know how true the "At the store manager's discretion" comment from Corporate is?

Don't think that's true, most of the stores have been told they're not getting hours for even a midnight and the registers have all kinds of flags for selling stuff early.

Edited by SirUrza

I've been seeing lots of people running around in game now, who got their copies earlier because they chose to pre-order online.

While I completely sympathize with the initial expected later-than-release date, that's why you gave them a grace-period. Instead, you've completely shafted those of us who choose to support brick and mortar local stores with our money rather than online.

Your efforts backfired; at the behest of the online orderers, you turned around and screwed over the rest of us. Game Stop has my copy sitting in the store, but is flatly refusing to part with it or the code until their corporate tells them to.

Meanwhile, one of the employees is bragging that he's in the game, and another advised he's using a CE that came in as an extra at the store, and I get to look at more and more people running around in game with goodies I can't get yet because you caved to the online ordering masses.

And I've been stuck on hold with GameStop Corporate for 30+ minutes now waiting to complain...

Got my physical copy yesterday (16th) in a store, in portugal.

Talked to them on the phone and they basically said all of the people who said they are getting their copies from GameStop are liars.

They are not releasing the game anywhere before the 20th.

Oh and it doesn't matter because the game servers do not go live until the 20th.

I am so happy that they know what they are talking about.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy on this cold December day.

Just got a response from Bioware on Twitter and they made it sound like they were not preventing GameStop from releasing the game.

Here is what they said: Unfortunately an issue like that is something you will need to resolve with your retailer directly.

I replied to ask for clarification.

Will keep y'all updated.

I am not giving up.

Gamestop here at Myrtle Beach,SC is having a midnight release

A number of stores are.

The question is whether we can get our paid for copies now, as online orders have been shipped and received.

Midnight releases are common and are not considered early by any means.

Edited by Dystruction

My CE was shippd out yesterday from gamestop.com with an estimate shipping date of Dec 19 to Canada. So they have started shipping.

Most US orders have already been received.

I would guess that all online orders made before this week have already shipped (at least with Best Buy, GameStop, and Amazon.)

I have heard Walmart online orders may have not shipped.

Store copies are already in store, just hanging out.

Many of the employees who have bought a copy, already took theirs home.

Edited by Dystruction

I work at a Gamestop in Norway, and our orders were to start handing out pre-ordered copies of the game the 15th.

My preorder guys said (lieing I know) that they won't get them till the 20th... Full of it obviously but... "It's not released till the 20th..." And they know we're already playing it now but... I just want my CE key... but... GAH!!!!!!!! I probably won't pre-order through them again for sure...

My preorder guys said (lieing I know) that they won't get them till the 20th... Full of it obviously but... "It's not released till the 20th..." And they know we're already playing it now but... I just want my CE key... but... GAH!!!!!!!! I probably won't pre-order through them again for sure...

GameStop customer support confirmed that the games are in store but they cannot release them until the 20th. They said that this restriction was put into place by Bioware.

However, I highly doubt this.

I wonder if I go in to the gamestop and just ask for the code in my box they would consider it. Of course I would go in dressed as Revan.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/374309_2345017779673_1076856819_2533457_1011132810_n.jpg

Better hope you get your code. The box I ordered for my brother was open and missing the registration card.

Been waiting on hold for almost an hour now, waiting for those idiots to pick up the phone.

Intersting.

This is from the FAQs on the SWTOR homepage.

Says nothing about a street date or holding the game until the 20th.

I don't remember this being worded this way before this week.

I pre-ordered my Game from my local video game retailer. When do I receive my Product Registration Code?

When you receive your Product Registration Code will vary depending on your retailer’s practices. Contact your retailer directly.

Mine is in transit according to the UPS site, but it has been in transit for well over 12 hrs now, and no updates since the departure scan... hope I get another status change soon-ish...

But my CE is atleast on it's way, so I'm a happy camper :)

Edited by Otowi