Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Do You want cross server LFG tool?

Msicr

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that people with no time want to do everything.

"I want to do a HM before i go to school"

What will those people shout when they are in a HM because of the X-LFG tool

"gogogogogo"

ninja pull

bla bla

I had no problem finding peeps in Wow to do heroics with before we had x-lfg tool.

You know what the problem really is with people these days..

They are just lazy and impatient..and LFG isnt going to make that better.

Eveything must go fast, FAST and much FASTER.

Look what it did for Wow. Fly mounts everywhere because they cba to take a taxi and then there walking mount.

Group summon function. Portals (glad they are gone allmost). And many more functions for only one thing in the end...as long as it fast, fast and fast.

If you dont have time to play a game, then dont play it.

Dont get other people grazy because you are in a hurry....as ALWAYS with people ingame.

Edited by Gimixes

I don't care for it, but it wouldn't really effect me or the people I play with if one was implemented.

Yeah, that's about where I'm at, too. I don't PuG. Gave up on that almost a decade ago. So, if one ever is implemented, it won't affect me at all.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I really don't get why some of you don't want an LFG tool. I can't see how it benefits you NOT to have one.

If you don't want to use it, you don't have to which means you won't have ninja's, baddies, or whatever your excuse is not to have the LFG tool.

There are those of us who actually want to do flashpoints but can't find enough people to do them. An LFG tool will help that situation tremendously. Also, at least in WoW, the LFG tool has worked out great for me. Sometimes you'll get a horrible group or some *** in it but for the most part, it's been great. I get to do several heroics per day and it's a lot of fun. I would like the same experience here in SWTOR.

cross server ---> NO

server ---> Maybe but not "No"

Why?...to much experience with greedy, ninja, insulting, annoying, afk and abusing peeps in Wow.

Dont want that in swtor.

Indeed, ill take server xfers/merges/etc before that crap...

I really don't get why some of you don't want an LFG tool. I can't see how it benefits you NOT to have one.

If you don't want to use it, you don't have to which means you won't have ninja's, baddies, or whatever your excuse is not to have the LFG tool.

There are those of us who actually want to do flashpoints but can't find enough people to do them. An LFG tool will help that situation tremendously. Also, at least in WoW, the LFG tool has worked out great for me. Sometimes you'll get a horrible group or some *** in it but for the most part, it's been great. I get to do several heroics per day and it's a lot of fun. I would like the same experience here in SWTOR.

Personally, I think this question will have more solid ground once the server transfers are complete. If it's still needed at that point, I'm sure it'll be on the table.

No.

There is no reason to be nice or to help or to talk to anyone else with cross server. Why ever be anything but selfish if you will never see those people again? Why not be anti social when you can always get a group no matter how many people black list you?

If you were to add it... You would have to have it be a toggle...

This is what I propose... If you have cross server toggled off then your LFG tool only shows those on your server who are LFG. It shows them both if they are looking for cross server and not. You would still get the anti social people that can't get a group any other way than with cross server but you could black list them effectively so you never get them again.

But what I really want is just a LFG tab on /who that shows everyone on my server with their LFG flag up. Nothing more is needed.

There are too many servers... I agree with that.

There is no reason to be nice or to help or to talk to anyone else with cross server. Why ever be anything but selfish if you will never see those people again? Why not be anti social when you can always get a group no matter how many people black list you?.

Yea Its a big problem, and need something to prevent it, like a "troll" button, if you get too many troll votes you cant enter imperial fleet or a flashpoint in 2 days example. But im sure it would be used in the wrong way, folks would use it on Bad and new players. Or they could first search on your own server for players, if it takes more than 7 minutes, they take from another server.

Heck no, that would cause server queues like mad during events and expansions. The current ongoing server transfer will take care of those servers well. After all, after the news from yesterday, now we know that subs are actually still rising.

That was kind of my point. IMO, you have either a cross server LFG with the servers we have or a same server LFG and force every server to have The Fatman levels of population.

Otherwise for 50% of the servers as they are now, LFG is useless.

I would Like a LFG tool. I recently came back to the game and started over, i am currently lvl 30 and have never done a flashpoint in fact iv never been in a grp. iv never seen anyone on my server looking for a grp, iv only done 2 flashpoints because i could solo them. I think adding a cross server LFG tool would enhance the gaming experience for alot of people.

No, I dont want a cross server LFG tool, I hate to be able to do Flash Points anytime without sitting for hours in fleet searching for a tank, it makes me feel strange, like I did not put enough effort into making the group.

I prefer my derelict server becoming more derelict, to the point people dont even log into the game because there is nothing to do.

LFG tool will destroy that superb community there is on my server because nobody will be in the fleet, not talking, not using chats. The LFG tool will allow random to do Flashpoints anytime they want, this is just horryfing.

Oh wait.

Cross-server? No.

I'd prefer that the low-population servers be merged together so that there is no need for this.

Server-wide? Yes please! I would LOVE to be able to group up easier for heroics and flashpoints (like how you can queue for warzones) without the hassle of having to do it manually.

Edited by llesna

I don't understand some of you folks posting here. You say no to cross server LFG features, but you can't get anyone to group on your server. I have done one 4 person heroic quest since I started playing many months ago. I won't even pick them up anymore since I know I will end up deleting it anyway.

So, if people won't group with you after spamming chat for hours, what makes you think a server LFG tool will work. A cross server LFG for operations, flashpoints, and Heroic quests only makes sense since it pulls from a larger pool of players. If people don't want to use it, it's their right to ignore it. But, I for one really want this option.

I want it bad enough that I will more than likely look to another game if it isn't implemented in the near future. I am a big SWTOR fan, but I can only take so much.

Cross-server? No.

I'd prefer that the low-population servers be merged together so that there is no need for this.

Server-wide? Yes please! I would LOVE to be able to group up easier for heroics and flashpoints (like how you can queue for warzones) without the hassle of having to do it manually.

Fix the number of servers first and that will fix alot of the issues with a lack of grouping.

Fix the number of servers first and that will fix alot of the issues with a lack of grouping.

I don't think it will solve the overall issue. My server, in the beginning, was hard to find groups in even when it was full.

It depends.

An LFG tool no matter if server only or xrealm can work, but doesnt need to. Wow is a good example of how its not working, to use the tool there is a nightmare as you either get

- bored

Blizz had to turn down the difficulty by a lot, those who played vanilla and tbc will know what I mean. To do dungeons has become a joke, you can play with 1 finger kinda... This should not happen at SWTOR, so the difficulty should not be lowered. If BW does manage this, then issue 1 of wow would be fixed and I would look forward to also doing raids then.

The question is, how to balance dungeons which people run without knowing each other, without beeing able to select specs etc.? If you lower the difficulty all those who know each other will end up bored, if you dont those who are random get frustrated by beeing unable to beat the dungeon.

- insulted

Kinda the worst at wow is, that people instantly insult others if they dont do as they demand. It can be a "I dont want to rush", "I am new", "dont know dungeon", "need to afk" or something similar which does open the doors for elitist players who then get rude, as they cant do their points/hour cap. But also small mistakes lead to beeing insulted.

TO fix this a reputation system would be needed. Those that are rude, should automatically be blacklisted - this can be done by GM´s, but who should pay them? A system like at LOL might work, there the community can judge behaivour - its called tribunal, so that those who are reported for beeing rude will end up in a case and can receive a punishment of several days ban etc.

- robbed

A loot system like at D3 would be needed there, as some people dont understand what MS>OS means and that a hunter does not need a sorc staff or intellect jewelery.

- kicked

To kick others should not be as easy as there. But it should be always possible if really needed. Kicks like "does only 10k dps" should be invalid, but those "does ninja pull, flame" should be valid. Not sure how to configure such a system tho :(

If BW does address the mistakes of Blizzards LFG, then be my guest and roll on xrealm queues for raids and dungeons, until then - no to any kind of LFG.

I don't think it will solve the overall issue. My server, in the beginning, was hard to find groups in even when it was full.

You would be surprised by what can happen when it's easy as pie for folks to get into a group and get things done. Single server does this, cross server just increases the pool of players.....

Edit: But you gotta let the people know that it's available once it goes live. Rift did this and did a poor job of letting the general populace(those who don't read patch notes or only those pertaining to their class) know the tool was there.

Edited by BucMan

, cross server just increases the pool of players.....

Edit: But you gotta let the people know that it's available once it goes live. Rift did this and did a poor job of letting the general populace(those who don't read patch notes or only those pertaining to their class) know the tool was there.

......and a decrease in the time you have to wait for a group to be formed. :cool:

It depends.

An LFG tool no matter if server only or xrealm can work, but doesnt need to. Wow is a good example of how its not working, .

WoW's a example of how well the cross server tool can work. It has been a huge success. So much so...in thier next expansion, they are inc all 3 raids for it's use. Sure....there are drawbacks...but the benefits of a lot more players having the chance to experence the end game content far out weigh those.

WoW's a example of how well the cross server tool can work. It has been a huge success. So much so...in thier next expansion, they are inc all 3 raids for it's use. Sure....there are drawbacks...but the benefits of a lot more players having the chance to experence the end game content far out weigh those.

To have access to content that is so dumbed down that you dont even need to play your char, I would not call "content".

The easy raid mode or the dungeons are a joke and I dont know anyone that actually has fun doing those. You can pretty much go afk for 30 min and then loot, fun? Not for me and I doubt that the majority really has fun like that.

The days at vanilla and tbc when you had to use CC, pots, kiting, positioning, intercepts etc. were still the best, to think about what you do - does make the game fun. If you dont want to think you can just watch the dungeon on YT, its kinda the same effect :(.

Even the Blizz guys did say that their LFG was a failure, not the idea of it - but the execution.

You can see how much of a success their tool is, by opening your browser and checking the forum over there. Its full of complaints regarding the tool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.