Marauders your days are numbered and u know it :)

tehrealdealz

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because all other classes have been nerfed into the floor in comparison. Except for sniper I guess.

Assassins and Shadow - They really haven't been adjusted ("nerfed") at all.

And Snipers just got a wee buff from just todays patch, if I'm reading it right.

Next slide. ;)

Whether or not marauders get nerfed or not depends on how BW approaches nerfing of classes:

Do they:

a) Nerf based on the maximum potential of a class or

b) Nerf based on the average player

If its a) then marauders may well need a nerf because a well played marauder is damn near godlike! Epic DPS and survivability as well as excellent mobility and team buffs, putting it ahead of most/all other melee dps classes.

If its b) then they definitely wont get a nerf because its a hard class to play which means the average marauder is actually pretty useless.

i wish DPS commandos had a higher skill cap, i've pretty much maximized the class i have more little tricks than the average DPS commando but even on my best games i still have trouble out DPSing sorcs / maras unless i totally disregard the game and just AOE stat pad. I have played on a mara as well as a shadow recently and i am wayyyy more useful on those classes then my commando, i just have so much more utility and options in situations with those classes when defending objectives. I can buy SOOOO much time using stealth and stuff to totally mess with cappers

If we disappear, it means we're not stopping you from your objective.

You people worry about duels, as if that actually maters in PvP. Maybe this is why you are all terrible at winning warzones. Kill ratios are meaningless if you lose the warzone. I go OUT of my way - if the opportunity presents itself - to get myself zerg killed by 3 people if they are far away from the objective.

This happens a lot in voidstar especially, when we're attacking and switching to the next door. Without fail, every other day I get myself in a place where I can respawn fast and keep 3 people busy killing me for a full minute before they hear " the east door has been set to explode(sic)" and only THEN do they realize they weren't winning by slaughtering me - they were LOSING.

if you disappear you can wait 6 seconds on the 8 second cap then pop out and interupt it again, so you buy a lotttt of time where your invisible, its very useful when defending an objective stop acting like you don't do it. If you don't do that then start doing it.

i wish DPS commandos had a higher skill cap, i've pretty much maximized the class i have more little tricks than the average DPS commando but even on my best games i still have trouble out DPSing sorcs / maras unless i totally disregard the game and just AOE stat pad. I have played on a mara as well as a shadow recently and i am wayyyy more useful on those classes then my commando, i just have so much more utility and options in situations with those classes when defending objectives. I can buy SOOOO much time using stealth and stuff to totally mess with cappers

I am with you on this one.

The average Marauder/Assassin may not be better than the average Commando BUT if they are played well, the gap between those classes becomes quite huge.

And that is a very big advantage that Marauders have going right now.

The clamoring on the forums has already begun. Marauders are in need of a HUGE nerf and you guys that play marauders know this already. Enjoy being FOTM while it lasts cause the nerf bat is coming down hard. Just like sorcs/sages before you, you guys are way to Overpowered I would say even more overpowered than sorcs were. Luckily for me I play a Shield Tech Vanguard :D

QQ....blah blah blah...Mara's are OP.....Sorcs are OP.....Kriff the NPC that keeps killing me is OP...

Pretty much sum up what you were trying to say?

if you disappear you can wait 6 seconds on the 8 second cap then pop out and interupt it again, so you buy a lotttt of time where your invisible, its very useful when defending an objective stop acting like you don't do it. If you don't do that then start doing it.

If you are a marauder defending an "off" door, you are misallocating yourself. Just like a healer defending a similar door. You should be on the active side, wrecking shop. Especially in Voidstar where it takes just seconds to switch sides on defense.

What you say is a desperation tactic. When you look around and see 5 greens beating up 2 reds and you realize "oh sh*t, no one'c ommunicating" and you run and see three reds setting up the bomb.

it happens about once every two voidstars, maybe.

Only sins are OP and untouched.

Sent/mara isnt even close to OP. Just bad players asking for nerfs so they can do better.

We JUST got nerfed (force camo), and are otherwise the same since launch.

BUT you see, you wont do better, the good players with maras/sents will just roll another class, beat you with that, and you will come crying for that class to be nerfed. Eventualy you wont be able to get the classes nerfed anymore and you will have to come up with another reason for why you lose all the time...

Edited by Smuglebunny

Only sins are OP and untouched.

Sent/mara isnt even close to OP. Just bad players asking for nerfs so they can do better.

We JUST got nerfed (force camo), and are otherwise the same since launch.

BUT you see, you wont do better, the good players with maras/sents will just roll another class, beat you with that, and you will come crying for that class to be nerfed. Eventualy you wont be able to get the classes nerfed anymore and you will have to come up with another reason for why you lose all the time...

This post makes me laugh, so only the people saying sentinels are OP are bad, but if you call an assassin OP it makes you pro?

Bioware shouldnt of nerfed classes until after they made the expertise change and see how it went from there. Right now i dont believe sentinels are overpowered. They could use a little tweeking like a longer CD on force camo, 45 seconds is a bit short. Their dmg is fairly in line with most other dps classes because well we received the same buff all the other classes got. Our tree that was buffed alot was focus...and well all of the good sentinels on my server dont play that spec. So as far as im concerned they can nerf the hell out of the focus tree....its just a glass cannon spec anyways.

Keep crying for Marauder Nerf peeps:)

Their days are numbered.

Nerf bat coming anytime soon!

Indeed they are. Just look at the classes that were broken before hand and were nerfed HARD.

Operatives: Insane/broken burst damage at launch. Could kill you inside of a 5 sec window. 6-7k back to back Ambushes anyone?? lol yes. NERFED.

Sorcs/Sages: Practically everything about this class was broken. Crazy survivabilty. Crazy damage. Crazy bubble. Insane off heals. Hybrid build anyone? Yup. NERFED.

Mercs/Commandos: loltracerspam, lolgraveroundspam. Need I say more? NERFED.

Marauders: Insane burst damage 8-10k ravage anyone?. God like survivability. Insane ranged execute. A cloak lol? Unpeelable/unkitable. Yes nerfs are indeed coming and I suspect they will be harsher than the previous classes.

Sometimes I wish Ghostcrawler worked for BW to see what he would do to a class like a marauder. Thats a guy who knew how to dish out the nerfs. lol.

Indeed they are. Just look at the classes that were broken before hand and were nerfed HARD.

Operatives: Insane/broken burst damage at launch. Could kill you inside of a 5 sec window. 6-7k back to back Ambushes anyone?? lol yes. NERFED.

Sorcs/Sages: Practically everything about this class was broken. Crazy survivabilty. Crazy damage. Crazy bubble. Insane off heals. Hybrid build anyone? Yup. NERFED.

Mercs/Commandos: loltracerspam, lolgraveroundspam. Need I say more? NERFED.

Marauders: Insane burst damage 8-10k ravage anyone?. God like survivability. Insane ranged execute. A cloak lol? Unpeelable/unkitable. Yes nerfs are indeed coming and I suspect they will be harsher than the previous classes.

Sometimes I wish Ghostcrawler worked for BW to see what he would do to a class like a marauder. Thats a guy who knew how to dish out the nerfs. lol.

All these nerfs won't make you better at the game. You'll still get owned by everyone. Therein lies YOUR problem. Your description of Marauders pretty much sums up how terrible you are. You make it sound like Marauders are god mode. Guess what? I still beat Marauders 1v1 pretty much every time with my Powertech. And I beat Powertechs 1v1 pretty much every time with my Sentinel.

With you, it's a L2P issue.

All these nerfs won't make you better at the game. You'll still get owned by everyone. Therein lies YOUR problem. Your description of Marauders pretty much sums up how terrible you are. You make it sound like Marauders are god mode. Guess what? I still beat Marauders 1v1 pretty much every time with my Powertech. And I beat Powertechs 1v1 pretty much every time with my Sentinel.

With you, it's a L2P issue.

The constant L2P is ********. I'll be the first to tell someone they are a fool for coming to the boards with ideas from pre50, non geared, not knowing what they are doing experiences. But Marauders are currently having their cake and eating it too. Their defensive (or offensive) abilities like blind, cloak, and shield are insanely powerful and on very short cooldowns.

Here is an example. The marauder vanish is a 45 cd, my operative vanish is a 3min cd that can be reduced to 2 mins with 2 high tree skill points. Let's throw in undying rage on a 90s cd as well. Why in the Dromund Kaas does a marauder get a faster vanish than the king of stealth, the operative. Marauder stealth is 4-5 secs yea, but that's enough time for them to be across the map, into a health station, or recharging easily.

I can too kill marauders 1 on 1, but they are currently experiencing too much of both worlds. Tell a marauder he should have reduced defensive abilities or longer cds and he will say "oh no then I'll melt really fast." welcome to the world of a DPS canon. Burn bright burn fast or roll a powertech (and get damage and defense too I guess?)

The clamoring on the forums has already begun. Marauders are in need of a HUGE nerf and you guys that play marauders know this already. Enjoy being FOTM while it lasts cause the nerf bat is coming down hard. Just like sorcs/sages before you, you guys are way to Overpowered I would say even more overpowered than sorcs were. Luckily for me I play a Shield Tech Vanguard :D

Pretty sure this guy is trolling, he has created like 4 identical threads

Pretty sure this guy is trolling, he has created like 4 identical threads

Not trolling sir. Why dont you read all the other threads regarding how ridiculous marauders are atm if you think this is a troll thread. Truth be told marauders are OUT OF *********** CONTROL and you and I know it. Anyone who says other wise either has a marauder main and doesnt want to get nerfed.

Edited by Notannos
rude

Not trolling sir. Why dont you read all the other threads regarding how ridiculous marauders are atm if you think this is a troll thread. Truth be told marauders are OUT OF *********** CONTROL and you and I know it. Anyone who says other wise either has a marauder main and doesnt want to get nerfed.

It's people like you who called for nerfs to Sorc/Sages when they didn't need it at all. Good players knew they were fine, bad players just come and cry.

Edited by Notannos
rude quote

I can too kill marauders 1 on 1, but they are currently experiencing too much of both worlds. Tell a marauder he should have reduced defensive abilities or longer cds and he will say "oh no then I'll melt really fast." welcome to the world of a DPS canon. Burn bright burn fast or roll a powertech (and get damage and defense too I guess?)

LOL.

So you can beat Marauders, but you still want them nerfed? K.

Not trolling sir. Why dont you read all the other threads regarding how ridiculous marauders are atm if you think this is a troll thread. Truth be told marauders are OUT OF *********** CONTROL and you and I know it. Anyone who says other wise either has a marauder main and doesnt want to get nerfed

Anyone that comes to the forums and screams "NERF THIS CLASS ****!" is a bad player. You are bad. There is nothing that can be done about that. Accept it. Be mediocre. Try to enjoy beating other bad players, while good ones smash your face in.

There are so many people that think they are so good at PvP and they're just not. Acceptance is the first step. Marauder is a good class. It's not a crazy ZOMG OP class. Because people can still beat the hell out of them if they know what they're doing. And people that don't, cry on the forums like you.

Edited by Notannos
rude quote

Anyone that comes to the forums and screams "NERF THIS CLASS ****!" is a bad player. You are bad. There is nothing that can be done about that. Accept it. Be mediocre. Try to enjoy beating other bad players, while good ones smash your face in.

There are so many people that think they are so good at PvP and they're just not. Acceptance is the first step. Marauder is a good class. It's not a crazy ZOMG OP class. Because people can still beat the hell out of them if they know what they're doing. And people that don't, cry on the forums like you.

Just looked at your sig. You have a sentinel. Now it all makes sense. :D