Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Make the Bind to Legacy gear useful.

PsuedoFatt

Dear Devs

Well done with the creation of such a superb MMO. In SWTOR you have managed to remove many of the annoying factors from other "unmentioned" MMO games.

Legacy is nice in principle, but the gear can only really be useful if it isnt so restricted. You say its the "Best gear for your characters level in the Game", then let it be that, the gear stats should follow the level of the toon that is using it. Plus the toon should be able to use the item with the same restrictions as his or her class. A Legacy lightsaber can for example be wielded by a juggernaut, marauder, assasin or sorcerer. I see no reason why Legacy gear should´nt be modifiable either.

One of the most pointless addition to the game so far imo, since they dont scale with level there is absolutely no point in bothering with this.

Really? Well...that's kinda lame. My altaholism hasn't kicked in yet, but this is unfortunate.

I really don't understand what they were trying to do with the Legacy gear. I'd rather deck my alts out in orange gear and remod it every few levels then spend 200 Daily Comms to buy an item to buy the gear that I will outlevel rather quickly. It doesn't make sense.

I really don't understand what they were trying to do with the Legacy gear. I'd rather deck my alts out in orange gear and remod it every few levels then spend 200 Daily Comms to buy an item to buy the gear that I will outlevel rather quickly. It doesn't make sense.

This, it's.. just weird.

Yeah another thing in this game that you wonder if they actually thought it through or not.

Yeah i have to mirror my fellow posters here, as i cannot understand the use in these.

Here, this is a level 30 item that is ''bound to legacy!!'' you can use them on all your alts!

1. We currently only have character 8 slots.

2. They are class specific.

3. They are not ''refundable''.

4. They are static in their level.

5. They are not even moddable.

Hell, most people i know gather up customs between 10-30 and use them for the rest of the game, swapping out mission reward mods/buying mods from comm vendor.

And one more thing - Prologue reward is a custom weapon correct? What did everyone receive for a Legacy reward from 1.2 patch? A Legacy weapon kit. See the irony?

Edited by MouseNoFour

Since the patch dropped I've been trying to figure out what the point of the Legacy gear is. I can't, for the life of me put my finger on it. It appears to be completely pointless since by the time you get it you will have oranges in those slots anyway.

It's like they put it on the vendors as a sort of mini-game. The point of the game is to not accidently click it and spend your comms on useless items.

Add this to the list of things in this game that make you wonder if the Devs have ever played an MMO before, or given a single moment of thought about before including them into the game. I mean, NOBODY at the office stood up and said "Wait a minute, guys..."?

Things like this make me lose faith in the company, and this is definitely not the first strike.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.