Clarification on Legacy Unlocks

Nezumi

Hello,

Up until this point I've been under the assumption that all things unlockable via the legacy system would first and foremost be unlockable by attaining a certain legacy level. However, when I look at the legacy "other" section, for unlockables I see that ship unlocks and cooldown reduction unlocks seem to require specifically credits to acquire them. I was slightly confused as at the recent summit it was expressed that credits would be a completely alternate method to unlock legacy rewards.

What I'm wondering is if this was an intended design choice, or if it's just a place holder, because it seems incredibly strange that we're being given only the option to purchase these things (For 1mil each no less in the case of the ship unlocks) in a system that was supposed to reward altaholics, and the creation of alts.

Just something strange I noticed.

Now that I've actually got it in front of me, it seems to extend to rocket boost as well and its upgrades, can anyone confirm if this was intended, or if its just until 1.3 when the rest of our legacy awards are made available?

Hello,

Up until this point I've been under the assumption that all things unlockable via the legacy system would first and foremost be unlockable by attaining a certain legacy level. However, when I look at the legacy "other" section, for unlockables I see that ship unlocks and cooldown reduction unlocks seem to require specifically credits to acquire them. I was slightly confused as at the recent summit it was expressed that credits would be a completely alternate method to unlock legacy rewards.

What I'm wondering is if this was an intended design choice, or if it's just a place holder, because it seems incredibly strange that we're being given only the option to purchase these things (For 1mil each no less in the case of the ship unlocks) in a system that was supposed to reward altaholics, and the creation of alts.

Just something strange I noticed.

Some things are based on pure legacy level or purchased via credits. Some things require a certain legacy level plus credits. This is an intentional money sink!

Now that I've actually got it in front of me, it seems to extend to rocket boost as well and its upgrades, can anyone confirm if this was intended, or if its just until 1.3 when the rest of our legacy awards are made available?
I believe it is so, though I had been under the impression that it would not be.

Just more credit sinks. :(

I'm pretty sure that yes, some items were (are) intended to be accessed only through credits. Others unlock for free with Legacy levels, and still others can be accessed either through gameplay (say, getting a character to 50) or purchased via credits instead.

There has to be *something* to spend money on.... :p