Republic Interfering with World Boss Attempt

If I am not mistaken but in WoW it was frowned upon and even punishable by being banned so people would not do it. So then why is is allowed on here?

never ever ever never ever was this true!!! they WANTED people to pvp!! however, sometimes you get an idiot gm that didn't know the rules and you could get suspended... there's only been a handful of perma bans and this scenario has never been one of them.

long story short... wow was openly for world pvp and even stuff like this.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda agree with you there.

The PvP community is usually the most immature and childish in any MMORPG i ever played. The OP had a very valid issue, something that i would name griefing since they couldn't do anything about it. And then some random PvP guys came and started yelling at him because of his CHOICE to play on a PvE server. Kinda sad really.

The irony is that I stayed away from PvP for a number of years precisely because of players like the Darth Gaga I'm quoting above. I'm actually kinda bitter because they're such bad examples of the PvP community, with their false bravado.

It's one of the reasons I don't participate in PvP in MMORPGS, but instead PvP in games like WWII Online. The community is much more mature there, and the game itself is 80% skill, unlike RPGS which are more like 80% gear dependent. I've also participated in the economic PvP present in EVE and SWG which is a whole other topic.

back in UO time these republic guys would be applauded to and called clever. Now people want to ban them? Why? I don`t get it. If you want to kill a boss without been disrupted, then you should go to flashpoint or operation.

World boss should be untargetable if somebody already touched it? or even entire area should be locked? What a nonsense! It`s a world boss, it`s main idea to be available to anybody who wants to kill it.

BTW. If this makes you angry, just have a coffee and watch a movie. It`s way better than post forum topics which people would laugh at. = )

Quick addition. PvP oriented people are divided at 2 major groups. First ones are from old fashion games and the second are from WoW "PvP". These 2 groups have different views at PvP.

Edited by Enshy

lol.

there are game mechanics that are known which should influence your decision on what server to play on. looks like you guys made the wrong choice!

Really?

Reeeeaaallllyyyy?

So when deciding to roll on a PVE server, I'm supposed to know that there will be a specific world boss with a specific mechanic whereby killing one of his adds causes him to enrage, and that the opposing faction can manipulate this specific mechnic to grief me? Keeping in mind there is effectively no way to counter this.

Do you think before you speak?

you played eve and rolled on a PVE server? i bet you never left jita 4-4.

I played EVE for 5 years. Still play it from time to time to get a space fix. Never been to Jita. I mine in mid-sec space, I run haulers through lo-sec, I also do exploration (worm holes, anomolies).

Never died once in all my time in EVE, lol.

See my other post as to where I PvP and where I don't.

Edited by Noviru
DoM

Yeah but as we all know a "ban" in WOW was 3 days suspension, not a real ban so no, they didnt have rules against it to any sort of serious degree.

But (and ive never killed belsavis boss so dont know fight), if you wanted to attack the boss, why didnt you? From all I seen once a mob engaged, another group cant kill steal. Or did you leave something out of your tale as its not adding up! If you were there for the boss, attack the boss.

If you were just standing there gathering people, well then there was no misconduct as those bosses are first come first serve for who ever ready at the time.

Just a side note: usually people gather their force AWAY from the boss to avoid stuff like this.

Gather your forces at point A

when ready

move to point b

BTW, player conduct codes regarding Boss fights have been around ALLOT longer then WOW. Just thought Id mention that as seemed you were pointing to WOW as some sort of code of conduct designer or statue.

OP Here

First off the Peragus Mining Facility is a PVE server.

We had already started attacking the boss and had him down to 80 - 70% I think that is when the adds spawn as they are not there at the beginning of the fight, and then as soon as the adds spawned they attacked and killed them causing the boss to then enrage. This wiped the entire ops group. The boss reset right away. When we spawned at the medical center which is about 1-2 mins away by the time we had got back they had already attacked the boss and was close to getting him down.

So they had interfered with our attempt to get him down. Which meant we would have to wait for another 2 hours for him to respawn. This happened at 10pm BST so guys were not wanting to stay around for 2 hours. But I don't understand why they were able to attack it in the first place. And then to deliberately screw our attempt up just because we had already started and they did not want to wait.

Edited by ArsenalJaycen

Did you ever think that they didn't know attacking the add would cause the chain of events that happened?

I didn't know this till I read this post. Not all of us sift thru tons of threads and multiple websites to get a heads up on enemies. Alot of us just expirence content as is. Never did I read in the EULA that it was required to study a walkthu of every time I planned on attacking a boss.

Maybe they learned and figured out that attacking the add will result in death, after they seen what happened to your group. People are making assumptions as the intentions of the Repub group. Maybe they were trying to help in order for the boss to go down faster, thus a quicker respawn.

People always jump the gun and make assumptions cause they have such thin skins and feel butt-hurt about everything.

Did you ever think that they didn't know attacking the add would cause the chain of events that happened?

I didn't know this till I read this post. Not all of us sift thru tons of threads and multiple websites to get a heads up on enemies. Alot of us just expirence content as is. Never did I read in the EULA that it was required to study a walkthu of every time I planned on attacking a boss.

Maybe they learned and figured out that attacking the add will result in death, after they seen what happened to your group. People are making assumptions as the intentions of the Repub group. Maybe they were trying to help in order for the boss to go down faster, thus a quicker respawn.

People always jump the gun and make assumptions cause they have such thin skins and feel butt-hurt about everything.

I don't buy that as it was entire guild ops group so they would not have just gone into the fight not knowing the fight. Also if they had done by mistake like you say then why not allow us to come back and try again due to the screw up.

It is a world boss not some simple mission boss. It has a 2 hour respawn time. And since we had already attacked it they would not get credit for the kill. So it would not speed anything up.

Edited by ArsenalJaycen

There's nothing you can do to stop them from killing the add on a PvE server. BioWare failed at designing this encounter.

This is why I made the post to highlight the issue so they can try and fix it. As it is not going to be fun for others to have the same happen to them. And especially if you have to kill him 3 times.

OP Here

First off the Peragus Mining Facility is a PVE server.

We had already started attacking the boss and had him down to 80 - 70% I think that is when the adds spawn as they are not there at the beginning of the fight, and then as soon as the adds spawned they attacked and killed them causing the boss to then enrage. This wiped the entire ops group. The boss reset right away. When we spawned at the medical center which is about 1-2 mins away by the time we had got back they had already attacked the boss and was close to getting him down.

So they had interfered with our attempt to get him down. Which meant we would have to wait for another 2 hours for him to respawn. This happened at 10pm BST so guys were not wanting to stay around for 2 hours. But I don't understand why they were able to attack it in the first place. And then to deliberately screw our attempt up just because we had already started and they did not want to wait.

well maybe next time, if you wipe, you will regroup a lot faster then go do the same thing back to them.

So because someone was a dick to us it gives me the right to be one back. No wonder the world is messed up when people think like that.

well do you want the world boss kill or not? this has been added so you can compete for it. its a mechanic to be used to your advantage, if you get to an encounter that an opposition faction is doing. They weren't being *****. They probably wanted to go to bed soon too!

well do you want the world boss kill or not? this has been added so you can compete for it. its a mechanic to be used to your advantage, if you get to an encounter that an opposition faction is doing. They weren't being *****. They probably wanted to go to bed soon too!

So you think that the devs stuck this in on purpose and to quote you " so you can compete for it". In which case no one would ever get him down if there was multiple groups there as they would be acting like kids.

It is a clear and obvious bug / flaw in the boss mechanics that allowed them to do it. Apart from the new boss most others don't spawn adds that can be manipulated like that. If it was Snow Blind and we had started to attack it they could not do anything about it so they would have to wait the 2 hours till he spawned again. But knowing it would wipe our group they did it on purpose as they could not be bothered to wait. So because they wanted to go to bed that gives them the right to mess with other people and ruin others people's time?

Edited by ArsenalJaycen

So you think that the devs stuck this in on purpose and to quote you " so you can compete for it". In which case no one would ever get him down if there was multiple groups there as they would be acting like kids.

It is a clear and obvious bug / flaw in the boss mechanics that allowed them to do it. Apart from the new boss most others don't spawn adds that can be manipulated like that. If it was Snow Blind and we had started to attack it they could not do anything about it so they would have to wait the 2 hours till he spawned again. But knowing it would wipe our group they did it on purpose as they could not be bothered to wait. So because they wanted to go to bed that gives them the right to mess with other people and ruin others people's time?

maybe because the fact you were doing it then, and they wanted to do it - you were messing with their times?

How about you go to their forums and devise a world boss schedule so your times don't clash.

Suck it up! They used a mechanic in the game to get the world boss and you got your knickers in a bunch about it. That's pretty much the story.

maybe because the fact you were doing it then, and they wanted to do it - you were messing with their times?

How about you go to their forums and devise a world boss schedule so your times don't clash.

Suck it up! They used a mechanic in the game to get the world boss and you got your knickers in a bunch about it. That's pretty much the story.

I am sorry I did not know I had to check with other people first before I do something in this game. Should I ask them if I can raid next week as well?

Do you even read through what you type. As so far you've come up with nothing but utter rubbish. As it seems that most people seem to understand that it is a bug on a PVE server and something that should not happen but to you everyone must bow down be told what to do and when to do it by other people.

I don't care about other people's time and when they can do it. It is called common courtesy if some one is there first and already doing it you don't mess around with it. You don't push some one out of the way at the ATM just because your in a rush and want to use it. You wait your turn. I bet your one of those people that push in and actually does not care about other people. As that is the attitude I am getting from your posts.

I am sorry I did not know I had to check with other people first before I do something in this game. Should I ask them if I can raid next week as well?

Do you even read through what you type. As so far you've come up with nothing but utter rubbish. As it seems that most people seem to understand that it is a bug on a PVE server and something that should not happen but to you everyone must bow down be told what to do and when to do it by other people.

I don't care about other people's time and when they can do it. It is called common courtesy if some one is there first and already doing it you don't mess around with it. You don't push some one out of the way at the ATM just because your in a rush and want to use it. You wait your turn. I bet your one of those people that push in and actually does not care about other people. As that is the attitude I am getting from your posts.

LOL.

you are trying to attribute real life situations to a game.

Firstly, I am not an ******e, and everything I have stated is not utter rubbish. Going by that vein of thought, you have posted nothing but rubbish as well, because you are merely complaining that a different guild got the better of you and you don't like it. So what if its a mechanic that can be exploited to intentionally wipe an opposition party. So what if its bad mechanics and Bioware shouldn't have put it in there. This is not the issue. The issue is that you are having a cry over something like someone stole you family pet.

This is a game! Either give back as good as you got or quit complaining. You say that "The republic interfered" and "They are messing with your time" but you fail to realise that you could have interfered with them, and they had it scheduled in themselves. Who's side do you take? I for one don't take anyone's. What you should have done is done the same thing they did to you. Or, just all type /pvp and wait for them to attack you when you attack the add to intentionally wipe them. That way you can actually kill them, and if they keep interfering their pvp flags wont turn off for more than 5 minutes. Then it's their risk to come and try to "steal" your world boss.

This is a game get over it. If you think you are going to get real life compassion and etiquette in a game you are wrong. It's a dog eat dog world in an MMO.

Wait wait....OP is complaining that on a pvp server there was PVP while fighting a world Boss? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ima go out on a limb and say that bioware wants open world pvp to happen on pvp servers and maybe...just maybe that what you expereinced is EXACTLY what bioware wants.

LOL.

you are trying to attribute real life situations to a game.

Firstly, I am not an ******e, and everything I have stated is not utter rubbish. Going by that vein of thought, you have posted nothing but rubbish as well, because you are merely complaining that a different guild got the better of you and you don't like it. So what if its a mechanic that can be exploited to intentionally wipe an opposition party. So what if its bad mechanics and Bioware shouldn't have put it in there. This is not the issue. The issue is that you are having a cry over something like someone stole you family pet.

This is a game! Either give back as good as you got or quit complaining. You say that "The republic interfered" and "They are messing with your time" but you fail to realise that you could have interfered with them, and they had it scheduled in themselves. Who's side do you take? I for one don't take anyone's. What you should have done is done the same thing they did to you. Or, just all type /pvp and wait for them to attack you when you attack the add to intentionally wipe them. That way you can actually kill them, and if they keep interfering their pvp flags wont turn off for more than 5 minutes. Then it's their risk to come and try to "steal" your world boss.

This is a game get over it. If you think you are going to get real life compassion and etiquette in a game you are wrong. It's a dog eat dog world in an MMO.

So even if they did schedule it on the site/forums how the hell are we supposed to know that. So I did not know you could book things in game. So what is there like a valet waiting to show us to the boss when we turn up with our reservation. We were there first and had already starting attacking it. As they can't interfere until the adds spawn.

So your all wise and almighty reaction is to be a dick right back. How can I tell that your one of the many idiots from WoW that made it over here some how.

I see by your other posts that you stand up for the TOS when it comes to bad guild names and tell people to report them. So when I do the same things and report that they broke the TOS by interfering then I am in the wrong and that I now have to think about other peoples schedules before I can do anything in this game.

You can't seem to make up your own mind can you?

From the TOS

Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.

Zone Disruption

This refers to disrupting locations within the game so that it inhibits the play of or provides a level of disruption to other players. This can include excessive disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings, excessive use of sounds or visuals, blocking areas of the game, pulling creatures over and over so no one else may kill them, and killing specific vendors, key creatures or quest givers for no reason other than to cause disruption or ‘grief’ to others.

So what they did broke those rules under the TOS which everyone else but you can see. But according to you we now have to focus what we do around others and what they want to do.

So you totally ignore that we had members that had given up time to take on the boss and that had put the effort in to only have a bunch of kids act like idiots and ruin everyone's time. So I am not kicking off that a guild got the better of us. I kicking off that people should not be allowed to do it in the first place. It broke the rules that everyone has to follow. And not to just ignore them because you want to. I doubt we are the first and we will probably not be the last that this happens to but I don't want others to have go through this because of some impatient little kid that can't learn to wait.

Wait wait....OP is complaining that on a pvp server there was PVP while fighting a world Boss? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ima go out on a limb and say that bioware wants open world pvp to happen on pvp servers and maybe...just maybe that what you expereinced is EXACTLY what bioware wants.

This happened on a PVE server. Read the whole thread before committing

Read the other posts before you type and make yourself look stupid.

Except it's a PvE server. Simple check and you could have found that out.

The server he is on is PVE, so well done posters who are too stupid to even get that right before tapping on their keyboards..

Peragus Mining Facility is a PVE server in a non PVP zone.

uhhm easy fix reset the boss and wait until they are gone.

Coming to the forums and crying about it doesn't do anything at all.

It is a 2 hour wait for the boss. So because they broke the rules and interfered with us trying to do it we then have to wait another 2 hours and hope no one else does the same thing. As I pointed out in an earlier thread we started the attack the boss at 10pm BST so that would have been midnight which is too late for some people. And people were not going to just sit there for 2 hours.