How long, how long ?

bmanthekid

So, you're shutting the servers down again tonight which I get, you have to fix bugs. How long is it going to be before you add end game cotent, I am a PVP person but you are single handedly ignoring whats right in fron of you. Every patch I hope to see some new FP's HM's and stuff added to keep people interested while I PVP but it seems you just dont care and you're letting your game die right in front of you

I'm more then happy with PVP but the rate they are releasing PVE with big titles like GW2 and D3 coming out this game is not going to survive and that's coming from someone who is very patient with MMO's. I just don't want to see the game die and at this rate it's looking girm.

So, you're shutting the servers down again tonight which I get, you have to fix bugs. How long is it going to be before you add end game cotent, I am a PVP person but you are single handedly ignoring whats right in fron of you. Every patch I hope to see some new FP's HM's and stuff added to keep people interested while I PVP but it seems you just dont care and you're letting your game die right in front of you

QQ much.

I'm more then happy with PVP but the rate they are releasing PVE with big titles like GW2 and D3 coming out this game is not going to survive and that's coming from someone who is very patient with MMO's. I just don't want to see the game die and at this rate it's looking girm.

Your signature.

I can't imagine what you are going to think come November when Halo 4 is released.

This isn't QQ lol, I'm just wondering how long it honestly takes to put out end game PVE content, are we going to have to wait another year before we get more things like EV

Uh, what the heck are you talking about? We've already had a new operation and two new flashpoints added to the game in just under four months.

This isn't QQ lol, I'm just wondering how long it honestly takes to put out end game PVE content, are we going to have to wait another year before we get more things like EV

Riiiiiiight because it took a year to have 1.2 out, eith new warzone, operation and flashpoint.... mmmmm.... interesting

Guys I don't think it's a post from the past, it looks more like an alternate universe where years are 4 months long...

Uh, what the heck are you talking about? We've already had a new operation and two new flashpoints added to the game in just under four months.

Okay, GREAT.

Seriously though, If they expected people not to blast right through the story and get done that fast (as said in podcasts) then they are foolish.

Not to mention a majority of the star wars population is 50 now and done with the content, time to hit the ground running and release it.

Edited by bmanthekid

Okay, GREAT.

Seriously though, If they expected people not to blast right through the story and get done that fast (as said in podcasts) then they are foolish.

Not to mention a majority of the star wars population is 50 now and done with the content, time to hit the ground running and release it.

Um, you were complaining that BW didn't release new content, and now you're saying they did release new content and people have already burned through all of it? I'm getting confused here, and I think some orderlies are on the lookout for someone missing a straight jacket...

Um, you were complaining that BW didn't release new content, and now you're saying they did release new content and people have already burned through all of it? I'm getting confused here, and I think some orderlies are on the lookout for someone missing a straight jacket...

^ This ...

No, I said they did release new content and that it's barely enough to keep the majority of the population now.

Nope, you clearly stated that BW needs to add more PVE content, completely missing the fact that there has been a ton of new PVE content already added to the game, including new quests, flashpoints, a new raid and even a massive ongoing event right now. Anyone who has burned through everything that was released last week will never, ever be satisfied by any video game.

So far I've managed to stay out of these threads, because I never really saw the point in arguing. But enough is enough man! It's apparent at this point that nothing is going to satisfy the hardcore crowd. OP, you may or may not consider yourself part of that group, but I do. I've played since Beta. I have 2 50's, and several alts, and I've never felt for a second that I have nothing fun to do, and I haven't even been grinding dailies or WZ's or OP's yet! honestly I'm still finding content I've never done before! You get out of the game what you put into it. I enjoy the story, which is how the game was designed. I know it's not what you want to hear, but if story is not what you're looking for, you're playing the wrong game. Far be it for me to advise someone to stop supporting a game that I love, but I'd rather that than they change it to cater to a group that already has several viable options out there that fit their playstyle better.

And, at least on the website, there's no indication of server downtime tonight, just the downtime we already had this morning. (though admittedly, it's possible the launcher has new info).

Would be sorta annoyed to get my play time cut short yet again... though considering I apparently got a comp day for downtime which *didnt'* affect me at all, I don't think I can really complain at this point...

So far I've managed to stay out of these threads, because I never really saw the point in arguing. But enough is enough man! It's apparent at this point that nothing is going to satisfy the hardcore crowd. OP, you may or may not consider yourself part of that group, but I do. I've played since Beta. I have 2 50's, and several alts, and I've never felt for a second that I have nothing fun to do, and I haven't even been grinding dailies or WZ's or OP's yet! honestly I'm still finding content I've never done before! You get out of the game what you put into it. I enjoy the story, which is how the game was designed. I know it's not what you want to hear, but if story is not what you're looking for, you're playing the wrong game. Far be it for me to advise someone to stop supporting a game that I love, but I'd rather that than they change it to cater to a group that already has several viable options out there that fit their playstyle better.

Reading that, I think you really should join in these discussions. You make excellent points, and I completely agree with you.

Every patch huh? :rolleyes:

You ask how long it will be until they release content, people answer they have. You then change the discussion to them putting out content faster than you (and you assume a majority) can consume it. It's impossible to do that, even if they were just doing basic QA testing. From what it sounds like, this is your life. Nobody can make content fast enough for you. Edited by MikelGoff

From patch 1.1

Welcome to Game Update 1.1 of Star Wars™: The Old Republic – Rise of the Rakghouls. In this episode your high-level characters will be introduced to the Tion Hegemony, journeying to the world of Kaon for the first time in Flashpoint: Kaon Under Siege. You can also expect to see new and dangerous foes inhabiting Operation: Karagga's Palace, challenging you further in various difficulty modes.

From patch 1.2

Visit the Black Hole area on Corellia to complete new level 50 daily missions, experience the finale of the Rakghoul outbreak storyline in the Lost Island Flashpoint, and get ready to challenge the mercenary warlord Kephess and his deadly allies for control of Denova's critical resources in the all-new Operation: Explosive Conflict. You'll also have the chance to face off against your foes or participate in a same-faction training mission in the all-new Novare Coast Warzone, a 3-point domination battle!

So it kind of does seem like they're releasing new content every patch...granted the game has been out only 4 months.

Edited by amantheil

Two points of comment.

1) they just added new end game content in the recent patch. Have you done it? Or are you just surrogate complaining on behalf of someone else.

2) I find your post to be a brightly shinning paradox to your signature. ;)