Advanced Class respec ; )

Voodh

I really think the advanced class respec with restrictions will be implemented after the dual spec (or multispec). But it seems i will have to wait a long time.

Does anyone have any information on this topic ?

II understand your frustration in not being able to do this. However I believe Advanced Classes, in all reality, is pretty much your "Class"

Your "Core Class" just gives you an easy mode from 1 to 10 to get use to the basics. Here are a few DPS moves go knock yourself out. Now that you hit 10 do you want to be DPS, TANK, or HEALER?

I understand where you are coming from in your request however it is not different than being locked into a class in other MMOs. The main difference is you get a 1-10 preview mode of abilities that you share with the core class.

Edited by Dragonexadon

Honestly? I sort of think you should be "freely" able to switch between AC's up until ~lvl 20.

Should be high enough so you can see which spec you prefer.

('course, some would argue that you can simply delete and reroll at that low level... but since that's true, what the harm in shortcutting it with a respec so you can quickly swap back and forth?)

Honestly? I sort of think you should be "freely" able to switch between AC's up until ~lvl 20.

Should be high enough so you can see which spec you prefer.

('course, some would argue that you can simply delete and reroll at that low level... but since that's true, what the harm in shortcutting it with a respec so you can quickly swap back and forth?)

This motivates you to create other characters. Why even delete? I am leveling a sentinel because I want to play that play style while still owning a guardian. If I could freely respect as a sentinel there would be no need for me to make a second character.

Aurozia: Will there be a dual specialization system in the future? Will there be a possibility of changing advance classes as well?

Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs- but dual spec is in the works and coming soon.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012

Feb 10th Q&A post, found right here on the SWTOR.com site.

Yes i know all that, but i read the ac respec was planned and prepared before release and then was removed.

I prefer having only 1 character and now i think levelling is really boring.

Edited by Voodh

I think AC works fine, in others MMO you have to choose at lvl 1; SWTOR gives you 10 lvls to think about what type of roll you like. Also there’s a lot of information about all AC for anyone to do some research and make up your mind without even play.

If u don’t like your AC ... reroll and blame yourself for not give too much thoughts on what you are choosing.

What we really need ASAP is dual or triple spec ftw.

Nintu - 50 Sorc

Yes i know all that, but i read the ac respec was planned and prepared before release and then was removed.

I prefer having only 1 character and now i think leveling is really boring.

Yay, you read something very old and refuse to accept the fact that your question was addressed rather definitely here on this very website by a BioWare employee not too long ago.

You prefer having only one character, guess what? You now understand the consequence to the choice you make in having only one character..

Yay, you read something very old and refuse to accept the fact that your question was addressed rather definitely here on this very website by a BioWare employee not too long ago.

I don't refuse anything, i hope. I think it will be implemented.

This motivates you to create other characters. Why even delete? I am leveling a sentinel because I want to play that play style while still owning a guardian. If I could freely respect as a sentinel there would be no need for me to make a second character.

Except you don't get a different story as a second knight, (so it's boring) and the legacy functionality (a.k.a. game mechanics) strongly penalizes you for "doubling up".

I really dont understand how someone can actually "make a mistake" on their A/C. I mean in the sense of simply saying "well, I didnt really want a Shadow, I wanted a Sage." No, you wanted a Shadow and have since changed your mind. The classes are VERY different from each other and there is a full description for each when you pick it, including roles. When you pick your AC you should already know what weapons, armor, roles the class has and have a basic idea of its fighting style (ranged, melee, hybrid). Changing your mind is perfectly fine, however thats called rerolling not respeccing. Its no different than going from Mage to Rogue which is not a feature in most (or any) MMO's.

I really dont understand how someone can actually "make a mistake" on their A/C. I mean in the sense of simply saying "well, I didnt really want a Shadow, I wanted a Sage." No, you wanted a Shadow and have since changed your mind. The classes are VERY different from each other and there is a full description for each when you pick it, including roles. When you pick your AC you should already know what weapons, armor, roles the class has and have a basic idea of its fighting style (ranged, melee, hybrid). Changing your mind is perfectly fine, however thats called rerolling not respeccing. Its no different than going from Mage to Rogue which is not a feature in most (or any) MMO's.

The vast majority of players tend to want to go "DPS".

"DPS" is an option for pretty much every AC. For many of them, their role doesn't even obviously change between melee and range DPS based on the descriptions. Maybe I happen to like the vanguard DPS skills better than the Commando ones?

*disclaimer. I intend to actually have one of each AC, 4 AC's on the pub side, and the other 4ac's on the imp, so don't really have any plan/need to take advantage of an AC respec. However it doesn't seem like a big deal to add if it's restricted to low levels. I can see how it would be useful w/o actually harming anything.

Except you don't get a different story as a second knight, (so it's boring) and the legacy functionality (a.k.a. game mechanics) strongly penalizes you for "doubling up".

What I did was roll a different sex and chose light instead of dark choices. Slightly different story.

The OPs problem was the grind. Thus already knowing the story would be a plus as you can spacbar through everything

I'd be all for an advanced class respec, and it has nothing to do with "making a mistake."

It has everything to do with the fact that my shadow tank is now one of about 135901375013975 in our guild, and is seldom needed any more as the newer tanks are keen on gearing themselves up. (and for the record, we have even more Sentinels in the guild than tanks, so switching to "dps" isn't an option either)

The two things that our guild is often short of on raids, however, is ranged dps and healers. Both of which a Sage can be.

Even if they forced us to re-level from 10, I'd pay to respec. So long as I got to keep all of my equipment (placed in bank or something).

Edited by Aaramis

I'd be all for an advanced class respec, and it has nothing to do with "making a mistake."

It has everything to do with the fact that my shadow tank is now one of about 135901375013975 in our guild, and is seldom needed any more as the newer tanks are keen on gearing themselves up. (and for the record, we have even more Sentinels in the guild than tanks, so switching to "dps" isn't an option either)

The two things that our guild is often short of on raids, however, is ranged dps and healers. Both of which a Sage can be.

Even if they forced us to re-level from 10, I'd pay to respec. So long as I got to keep all of my equipment (placed in bank or something).

You chose a highly popular class and spec. It's not Bioware's fault. You're the guy who followed the crowd. Just send all your creds and BoE to a holder alt and make a Sage.

I prefer having only 1 character and now i think levelling is really boring.

I would like to know where you read such a thing. It sure was not from a Dev, or anyone working on the game.

If it was please provide a link.

I hope they don't ever allow this. Each advanced class and its mirror counterpart are as much an independent class as the other AC it shares with its base class. It also wouldn't be fair to those who rolled say 2 inquisitors, 1 assassin and 1 sorceror to allow respecs and make 1 toon redundant.

You chose a highly popular class and spec. It's not Bioware's fault. You're the guy who followed the crowd. Just send all your creds and BoE to a holder alt and make a Sage.

Actually, no, I'm not, but good attempt at trolling.

I rolled a shadow when everyone was making sentinels, commandos, and sages, thank you.

And whether I had rolled a shadow tank, vanguard, or jedi guardian, my point would remain the same - the guild's needs have changed, and rather than reroll a new character, I would like the option to switch my current one.