Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

5k creds a game vs 37k to remove mods.

goulet

completely ignorant to the debate??? *** are u talking about?

If im a pve'er and all i do is PVE, im set....i dont need to pvp because i dont need pvp gear because all i do is PVE. i got 30+ dailies for creds....i have multiple OPs on 3 different difficulties. im golden.

if im a pvp'er and all i do is pvp....im broke....i have to pve to get creds because i only have 1 pvp daily and 1 pvp weekly available to me. so i have to run wz's repeatedly....and there's only 4 which give a max of 6500 credits if u completely smoke the other team.

Did the light bulb click?

Raging just shows your missing knowledge about the whole thing, but fine i'll bite.

If u want to PvP, successfully that is, you want high end PvP gear, especially after the Expertise changes.

PvE won't get you there.

If you're a PvPer (like u say) and do only PvP -> first flaw, how does beeing a PvPer (which i call myself too, since the majority of my time actually goes into PvP) include complete ignoring a major part of the game.

You chose to activly gimp yourself by doing so, bear with the consequences.

If we would get more credits from doing PvP, which by all means i would surely welcome with open arms, PvE would still get you credits faster (or atleast a combination of both PvP and PvE), so people would still complain about it.

You expect to have a feature (changing your gear around to have the best possible stats for your class specc) to completely work while actually ignoring other features of the game.

Don't ignore the things the game hands you, if you want to actually benefit from everything.

That beeing said i know your response will be in the same disrespectful tone already, so i hardly expect anything people will say here will actually get you to understand things on a greater level, but well whatever, atleast people tried.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That could be a significant issue if that was the only way to earn credits. I understand that PVP people don't want to grind PVE content for credits but I don't see it being different from grinding PVE levels to do level 50 PVP either, and we all did that.

Sorry to tell you this but my Shadow leveled to 50 in Warzones. Only doing the class quests and starting planet PvE wise.

Sorry to tell you this but my Shadow leveled to 50 in Warzones. Only doing the class quests and starting planet PvE wise.

And by doing so you chose, yes ->chose<- to completely ignore all the things that give you a lot of credits.

Where does that lead to warzones needing to actually give you way more cash?

Pre 1.2 rewards were pretty fine, but still incredibly lower than PvE, why should we get 20k a WZ out of a sudden?

your crew skills should also be earning you money while you are pvping.

This point is moot.

If credits are a problem then youre doing it wrong

... Unles you're Synthweaving/Armstech/Armormech - in which case, demand for crafted gear is low (with the exception being augment slotted weapons/armor, but not vibroswords/electrostaffs - those sell for around 60-100k each right now, but demand will become 0 once everyone has them). Cybertech demand is pretty low since many people don't know about their grenades (stuns/debuffs/Damage + DoT's) being extremely useful in pvp. Pretty much the only significant money-maker is/was/and apparently still is Biochem since the stims sell for ~75k for a single use - resulting in a huge demand. Artifice was raking in big money with crafted crystals prior to the crystal vendors with the +41 stats and the sudden flood of +41 crystals now available, and they're making very good money again with augmented sabres (demand for these is much higher than other weapons, so they sell for 150-200k on my server), but demand will diminish as more people have them.

Augments are selling for rediculous prices right now, so yes they're in high-demand for the classes that craft them, but lv. 49 augment schematics are ludicrously overpriced and the chances to obtain them are quite low for all the secondary gathering classes that craft them. I'm guessing you're a biochem - in which case yes, you will always be raking in money simply because they're consumables - the rest of us can only make money off our crafted gears until demand is gone and since I'm not Artifice or Biochem, I'm not making much - it costs my synthweaver about 100k to gather enough materials to craft 5 pieces of war hero armor and I'm currently getting augmented crafts at a rate of 1 out of 7 crafts for it so I'm pretty much breaking even with selling them compared to sending out companions to gather for the gear. Pre 1.2 I was breaking even with pvp credit gains while always sending out companions to gather. Post 1.2 despite winning >90% of my matches and almost always being the top medalist/performer, I've seen credit rewards vary from 0 (even with wins and 15+ medals) to 6500 (which seems to only happen if I'm #2 or 3 in total medals, never when I've been #1) - and average ~ 4k credits per win. While I suppose it's safe to say that I average 800 credits for a loss (0 for many losses and 3200 credits having occured only one time from a maximum time warzone where I had to bust my butt to stretch it out since we only had 6 players).

Whether or not today's patch has changed how many credits I'll be gaining I haven't been able to confirm yet due to being at work. I'm hoping it will help me regain much of the credits I've lost.

And by doing so you chose, yes ->chose<- to completely ignore all the things that give you a lot of credits.

Pre 1.2 rewards were pretty fine, but still incredibly lower than PvE, why should we get 20k a WZ out of a sudden?

I agree that warzones don't need to give the huge amount of credits the OP is demanding, but credit rewards for winning despite being top medalist/top performer in many matches, credit rewards have been strangely inconsistant - teammates that have far fewer medals and have been solo guards at objective locations without enemies ever attacking have gotten more credits than myself even though I have much greater contribution (most kills/damage/fewest deaths (or in this case tied for fewest deaths)/most healing/most total objectives - the credit reward disparity is significant - albeit, I haven't played with today's patch, so this may have been fixed. Pre 1.2 credit rewards per match were sufficient enough for me to send crew out for grade 6 materials and roughly break even. A slight increase to winning (and being top medalist/performer in a WZ) over pre-1.2 would be sufficient so long as the credit reward value for such a performance is consistant. I'd say ~8k credits consistantly for a win and top performance (with at least 2 medals more than everyone else on your team) would be fair since it typically requires much more effort (and monetary investment) to do so.

I agree that warzones don't need to give the huge amount of credits the OP is demanding, but credit rewards for winning despite being top medalist/top performer in many matches, credit rewards have been strangely inconsistant - teammates that have far fewer medals and have been solo guards at objective locations without enemies ever attacking have gotten more credits than myself even though I have much greater contribution (most kills/damage/fewest deaths (or in this case tied for fewest deaths)/most healing/most total objectives - the credit reward disparity is significant - albeit, I haven't played with today's patch, so this may have been fixed. Pre 1.2 credit rewards per match were sufficient enough for me to send crew out for grade 6 materials and roughly break even. A slight increase to winning (and being top medalist/performer in a WZ) over pre-1.2 would be sufficient so long as the credit reward value for such a performance is consistant. I'd say ~8k credits consistantly for a win and top performance (with at least 2 medals more than everyone else on your team) would be fair since it typically requires much more effort (and monetary investment) to do so.

Absolutely agreed, current cash rewards are iffy and need to be consistent.

But on behalf of this topic, you currently need to play a lot of warzones to even get a single peace of gear, u will have enough credits if u have enough commendations.

And probably the biggest point why all those complains are pretty pointless, would be that we don't have the major source of ranked commendations (mabye credits too) - ranked warzones.

We have the gear but not the real source behind it, that is whats really flawed atm.

Imo they shouldn't have introduced Warhero gear without ranked warzones.

All that leads to atm, is a major advantage for people who actually have the time to grind a set till ranked warzones get released, which makes it worse for newer players to catch up, which should never be the case in competitive pvp.

I don't see why people hate doing the dailies. I mean it's not the most exciting thing to do, but only takes an hour and you get +400k.

Its a choice, if you PvE then you choose to do them, if you do not PvE its forced!

You see the difference?

Its a choice, if you PvE then you choose to do them, if you do not PvE its forced!

You see the difference?

No it's the same thing, you chose not to do PvE.

No one forces you to do PvP OR PvP for that matter.

You will get enough cash eventually, you will get your PvP gear when u PvP, u will get what your played/worked for when you did only PvP, it just will be faster (in terms of only cash) if you do both.

That could be a significant issue if that was the only way to earn credits. I understand that PVP people don't want to grind PVE content for credits but I don't see it being different from grinding PVE levels to do level 50 PVP either, and we all did that.

I didn't do one single quest past level ten that gave me more than 5 xp. And that was just do do my class story. I leveled up playing PvP. After your 3rd time through the "story" grind it gets old. This change is entirely ********. Pure and simple. There was no need.

I don't really understand why people expect to get EVERYTHING done by only PvP, in game that is clearly not a PvP ONLY game.

Don't get me wrong, i PvP a lot, but the sheer neglection of anything aside from PvP to actually get what you want just makes no sense.

PvP is not the way to actually get a lot of credits, so do something else.

OK, so, can you tell us how much pvp you MUST do in order to get rakata gear?

Oh, none? So PvErs aren't forced to pvp then? Well, that doesn't make sense- I mean, why wouldn't they be forced to do a part of a game they don't like? It's almost like they're being allowed to play as they want to- where's the logic in that?

Oh, it's a game so it makes complete sense?

Yeah, that's right- and that's why it's moronic pvpers are being told to pve in order to pvp.

If you followed my response to your comment you do NOT have to grind PvE to get to level 50 to PvP. you can PvP to level 50. Also why should the player be punished for choosing to PvP instead of PvE. Time is time be it PvE or PvP why can't the player PvP for cash to modify his/her PvP gear? (IE remove mods and place in other gear)

OK, so, can you tell us how much pvp you MUST do in order to get rakata gear?

Oh, none? So PvErs aren't forced to pvp then? Well, that doesn't make sense- I mean, why wouldn't they be forced to do a part of a game they don't like? It's almost like they're being allowed to play as they want to- where's the logic in that?

Oh, it's a game so it makes complete sense?

Yeah, that's right- and that's why it's moronic pvpers are being told to pve in order to pvp.

Exactly how much PvE do you need to do to get your PvP gear? None? Right.

I don't really get what you wanted to say, but it had nothing to do with my post, nor what this thread is actually about lol.

I said, if you want to PvP sucessfully, you want PvP gear, which you can't obtain through PvE, if you want to do nightmare raids sucessfully, you want PvE gear, which is not gained through PvP.

See, completely seperated.

You do not NEED to do PvE to -> get <- PvP gear, you need credits to adjust something you already got through PvP, which can also be gained through PvP.

So again the reason behind what you just posted was?

No one told PvP players to do PvE IN ORDER to PvP, there are no Attunements or any kind of thing that you need to do to do PvP, well aside from actually getting lvl 10 lol

BW clearly stated that we have the choice to PvE or PvP or both! The clearly stated that!

So they make the BEST PvP gear crafted so we need to buy it AND it has no mods so we need to rip it out of PvP gear and put it into crafted gear!

I don't get it, its retarded!

They allow PvE players to sell..actually FORCE because its BiS...PvP gear to PvP players.

This is wrong in so many ways.

Imagine if your BiS RAID gear was only crafted by PvP players!!!!!

No it's the same thing, you chose not to do PvE.

No one forces you to do PvP OR PvP for that matter.

You will get enough cash eventually, you will get your PvP gear when u PvP, u will get what your played/worked for when you did only PvP, it just will be faster (in terms of only cash) if you do both.

You are choosing not to do PvP. If you actually did do PvP instead of dailies, you would get money slower.

If you followed my response to your comment you do NOT have to grind PvE to get to level 50 to PvP. you can PvP to level 50. Also why should the player be punished for choosing to PvP instead of PvE. Time is time be it PvE or PvP why can't the player PvP for cash to modify his/her PvP gear? (IE remove mods and place in other gear)

Which is also what i said, why is everyone here saying the same thing as me, but still putting it differently lol

You get cash through PvP don't you?

why can't the player PvP for cash to modify his/her PvP gear? (IE remove mods and place in other gear) <- what you said

You can...yes you can, where is the problem, i don't get it. Atleast i get cash for my PvP games, totally agreed the ammount and they way rewards are granted are weird atm, but i DO get cash.

Withour ranked games, we do daylies (pvp) and play games (to trade normal commendations) to get ranked ones.

By the time you have enough commendations for a piece, you already racked up a lot of cash through PvP, where does that not work out in the end?

You are choosing not to do PvP. If you actually did do PvP instead of dailies, you would get money slower.

Which is what i said...?

You get your cash faster through PvE, that's it. Its your choice how to handle things.

Absolutely agreed, current cash rewards are iffy and need to be consistent.

But on behalf of this topic, you currently need to play a lot of warzones to even get a single peace of gear, u will have enough credits if u have enough commendations.

And probably the biggest point why all those complains are pretty pointless, would be that we don't have the major source of ranked commendations (mabye credits too) - ranked warzones.

We have the gear but not the real source behind it, that is whats really flawed atm.

Imo they shouldn't have introduced Warhero gear without ranked warzones.

All that leads to atm, is a major advantage for people who actually have the time to grind a set till ranked warzones get released, which makes it worse for newer players to catch up, which should never be the case in competitive pvp.

Well, I've found comm rewards to be more static than credits. I've been getting 80-112 comms each win with high or top performance while credits for those wins are randomly ~1250-6500. I got my War Hero lightsabre yesterday, so I think that points out that I play a lot of warzones (and more importantly, win most of them since that required 3,445 -If I remember correctly- ranked comms = 10,335 warzone comms and only pvp'd for 5 days, so 496 of those came from dailies). Again, I'm still yet to see the rewards changes from today's patch, though.

I made 1.3 million credits in pvp last week.

Well, if you have been selling the current event's DNA samples, I can see that being possible. Not sure if it's possible from pvp rewards + daily + weekly unless you had a coordinated controled very quick victory every match and still played ~ 12 hours each day, though.

maybe u did but i leveled from 11-50 in warzones. i only did pve content long enough to get to warzone Qs. so OP has a valid pt. PvPers dont wanna do PvE **** for creds......and shouldnt have to. Creds from wz was already waaaay behind questing and now it took a nose dive.....3 quests takes what? 10mins? and that anywhere from 21-30k yet a 15min warzone is 3k-6500? **** that.....cap on creds in warzones need to be 20-25k (for 4+ dauntless medals or whatever it is now to get 6500)

You all need to realize that Bioware is NOT under any circumstances a PVP company, Bioware is a ROLE PLAYING company.

They are not going to redesign Swtor to make it so that PvPers can do everything from PvP simply because Swtor is NOT a PvP game, it is a Science fiction/Fantasy Massively Multiplayer Online ROLE PLAYING Game. PvP is a "Luxury".

NOT a: Massively Multiplayer Online Player Vs Player Game.

So yes, Bioware is going to FORCE you to experience their PvE content within reason. Simply because of this. And your PvP gear.. Top Tear stuff, Is NOT as good as My Crafted and Modded BOE set. Not even close, and you don't get THAT armor by PvPing, you Can't. You have to PvE to be Top Dog in PvP. Why?

BECAUSE BIOWARE IS NOT A PVP COMPANY.

If you want to PvP and have a game that is situated around solely PvP, go play League of Legends.

Edited by Darth-Malkaevian

maybe u did but i leveled from 11-50 in warzones. i only did pve content long enough to get to warzone Qs. so OP has a valid pt. PvPers dont wanna do PvE **** for creds......and shouldnt have to. Creds from wz was already waaaay behind questing and now it took a nose dive.....3 quests takes what? 10mins? and that anywhere from 21-30k yet a 15min warzone is 3k-6500? **** that.....cap on creds in warzones need to be 20-25k (for 4+ dauntless medals or whatever it is now to get 6500)

Why do you think they did that? Most likely because they want you to take a step out of PvP content all day and try something different...I mean honestly it wouldn't kill you to do a few dailies they take about 5 minutes each day out of your busy PvP schedule especially the new Corellia one's that are pretty much a zone the size of a Warzone.

You all need to realize that Bioware is NOT under any circumstances a PVP company, Bioware is a ROLE PLAYING company.

They are not going to redesign Swtor to make it so that PvPers can do everything from PvP simply because Swtor is NOT a PvP game, it is a Science fiction/Fantasy Massively Multiplayer Online ROLE PLAYING Game. PvP is a "Luxury".

NOT a: Massively Multiplayer Online Player Vs Player Game.

So yes, Bioware is going to FORCE you to experience their PvE content within reason. Simply because of this. And your PvP gear.. Top Tear stuff, Is NOT as good as My Crafted and Modded BOE set. Not even close, and you don't get THAT armor by PvPing, you Can't. You have to PvE to be Top Dog in PvP. Why?

BECAUSE BIOWARE IS NOT A PVP COMPANY.

If you want to PvP and have a game that is situated around solely PvP, go play League of Legends.

While i somewhat agree with your overall statement, it's still not completely true.

It will just take significantly more time with the PvP only route, but you will get enough cash to buy everything eventually.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.