Lightsaber woes

Kanaar

I'm a lvl 26 Sith Marauder, and for some silly reason I decided to start making light side choices to become a "grey" Sith... However, in doing this, I've moved from the darkside and now I'm neutral. My lightsabers cannot be used as they were both dark aligned, does anyone know where I can purchase orange grade sabers from a vendor, I have the credits to spend, I just cant fight my way through quests to get a drop... because I can't use my weapons. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there Kanaar,

That's a nasty problem. However, there is a solution. In patch 1.2 they introduced 2 new level 20 lightsaber schematics, which offer an augment slot if critted during crafting. The good news is that there are so many attempts that don't crit that the offcuts, the basic orange moddable lightsabers, are hitting the GTN at bottom prices. Go to the GTN, and search for level 20 custom lightsabers and you should find many to purchase, hopefully around the 2k mark (that's what the uncritted versions are going for on my server anyway). These sabers have no alignment restriction.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your input, I'm on the Bao Dur server, and its kinda quiet, I should have picked a busier server, the GTN is slim pickings at my lvl.

Ah that sucks.... Ask around in Fleet General chat, even if there are none on the GTN, I'm sure a kind Artificer would help. Heck I'd gladly give you two of mine for free. I have around 30 of the lightsabers in my bank, waiting for the day that Bioware lets me RE them back into materials!

How many Dommon Kas commendations do you have? You can get an orange lightsaber from the vendor for (I believe) 14.

I believe that the sabers on offer from Dromund Kaas (and Coruscant) comm vendors all have an alignment requirement. (Dark I or Light I).

This is why you should keep your first lightsaber, so if any other lightsaber becomes unusable due to alignment restriction, you could just pull the mods out and put them into your first lightsaber.

Alternatively you could do some low level flashpoint to get one that is not alignment restricted

This may be a totally dumb question, but I thought Light and Dark didn't cancel each other out, in terms of weapons req purposes? Did Bioware change that?

Your overall alignment shifts, but you can be "Light 2" and "Dark 3" at the same time, can't you? DId that change in 1.2?

This may be a totally dumb question

Yes

, but I thought Light and Dark didn't cancel each other out, in terms of weapons req purposes? Did Bioware change that?

Your overall alignment shifts, but you can be "Light 2" and "Dark 3" at the same time, can't you? DId that change in 1.2?

Nothing has changed and you have never been able to be light and dark at the same time

This may be a totally dumb question, but I thought Light and Dark didn't cancel each other out, in terms of weapons req purposes? Did Bioware change that?

No you cannot, and never could, be Light 2 and Dark 3. Both values build independently of each other, so you CAN have 6000 Dark and 2000 Light. However, basically think of it as Dark Side as negative numbers and Light Side as positive values. So that would be -6000 and +2000. Your Light and Dark are added together to determine your true alignment -- in this example, you'd be 4000 Dark Side (positive and negative number added together is basically subraction).

Your alignment is what determines your actual "Light 2" or "Dark 3" score. Someone with 4000 Dark and 2000 Light has the same effective alignment as someone with 2000 Dark and 0 Light.

Hope that helps shed some "light" on this. :)

Ah that sucks.... Ask around in Fleet General chat, even if there are none on the GTN, I'm sure a kind Artificer would help. Heck I'd gladly give you two of mine for free. I have around 30 of the lightsabers in my bank, waiting for the day that Bioware lets me RE them back into materials!

Waiting for the same thing bro i have loads of sabers waiting for that day.:jawa_eek: