Suggestions For A Noob

Woadster

Hello :rod_smile_p:

Ever since Bioware announced the details of the Marauder advanced class. I decided that was what I wanted to make my main. It appears however that Bioware also has decided to make my class the new FOTM. Because of this, I now cannot seem to go a single pvp match without 1/2 to 2/3 of the group being Marauders. Because of this, I have decided to shelve my beloved Woadster until the inevitable nerf occurs. The Sniper AC always seemed cool to me. Going pew pew with a long, sleek gun from afar :rod_eyes_g:. Because of the recents adjustments to the Marauder, I have decided to make a Sniper... The only problem is I have absolutely no idea how the Sniper works. I would greatly appreciate some advice from you veterans of the class.

If you could point me in the direction to a tree that maybe sacrifices a tiny bit of damage for some survivability in PVP that would be great. By no means am I asking to see a build or rotation, I can get that on my own. Just a nudge in the right direction.

Marksmanship offers the best survivability for low level pvp with Ballistic Dampeners and Diversion, Engineering is a little better once you're high enough to get into the higher tier skills (Full Engineering practically requires level 40 to get strong anyway for Plasma Probe).

My recommendation to new Snipers is usually to go full Marksman until level 40, then you can try the other trees if you like. Lethality is viable at 30 when you can get Cull, but can have energy issues without the free Weakening Blast to weave into your rotation.

Marksmanship offers the best survivability for low level pvp with Ballistic Dampeners and Diversion, Engineering is a little better once you're high enough to get into the higher tier skills (Full Engineering practically requires level 40 to get strong anyway for Plasma Probe).

My recommendation to new Snipers is usually to go full Marksman until level 40, then you can try the other trees if you like. Lethality is viable at 30 when you can get Cull, but can have energy issues without the free Weakening Blast to weave into your rotation.

I agree that MM is likely best to start out, as Ballistic Dampeners helps you a lot. MM will also force you into taking cover - a feature that should be integrated into EVERY playstyle (even Leth), as the PvP benefits of cover are great.

With all respect if you played a maurader, chances are you won't make it to 50 on a sniper

But if you endevor to persevere, I have and always will be in favor of a pure MM, which you can find in several posts in this section.

i would think that the fact Marauders are FOTM and he wants to wait to play his after they get nerfed would be points in his favour...I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt :)

Hello :rod_smile_p:

Ever since Bioware announced the details of the Marauder advanced class. I decided that was what I wanted to make my main. It appears however that Bioware also has decided to make my class the new FOTM. Because of this, I now cannot seem to go a single pvp match without 1/2 to 2/3 of the group being Marauders. Because of this, I have decided to shelve my beloved Woadster until the inevitable nerf occurs. The Sniper AC always seemed cool to me. Going pew pew with a long, sleek gun from afar :rod_eyes_g:. Because of the recents adjustments to the Marauder, I have decided to make a Sniper... The only problem is I have absolutely no idea how the Sniper works. I would greatly appreciate some advice from you veterans of the class.

If you could point me in the direction to a tree that maybe sacrifices a tiny bit of damage for some survivability in PVP that would be great. By no means am I asking to see a build or rotation, I can get that on my own. Just a nudge in the right direction.

I can't speak to the PVP aspect as I don't PVP nor do I have any desire to--that said, I absolutely LOVE my Marksman Sniper!! Being able to blast an enemy from 30m out is HEAVEN!! I just dinged 15 last night and it's been a great ride, the SL is truly the best of all the classes

Edited by StaticJoe

I'd highly recommend Engineers Toolbelt from the Eng tree as your first two talent points, 3 second grenades is low level PVE and PVP LOL.

After that, go wherever else you want, it's pretty hard to make a "bad" Sniper build under lvl 30-35 so feel free to play around with some builds.

Edited by Altruismo