The devs really got out of hand nerfing sorceror's!

tiguelinus

Before this patch I could go toe to toe decently against every class in pvp. Now it's we are just the weakest class around. Our dots don't cause effects like they used to. They ruined the madness tree and force lightning do little damage. What bothers me the most is that they made uber strong the marauders/sentinels and shadows/assassins. In groups I can still do support, but 1v1 forget it, its an automatic loss. We are the weakest of all classes, but we could defend our selves with our damage output. Now that they have taken that away there is no point to this class.

Please devs fix this, I'm not asking to nerf the rest of the other classes, but take under consideration that our damage output is what we got to have a fighting chance against the other classes since we can't wear heavy or medium armor and we are the weakest class in terms of damage resistance.

This is just my personal perspective, but I doubt that I'm the only one that feels that way.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

what are you talking about, before patch 1.2 the Sorcs and Sages would already lose 1v1 against most classes, it's not any different now =P

If it was a player that didn't new what they were doing yes, but before patch 1.2 if you knew the sorceror class well, then you had a fighting chance because of our damage output, but that is now gone.

AOE damage took a nerf because of CL being removed from Wrath procs. But for 1v1 there isn't much change at all. Yes FL damage is down: but Crushing Darkness damage is up. Ok so you can't cast CL in your rotation in 1v1: just get 2 extra ticks of FL which isn't so much of a damage loss. Sorc damage is down something like 10% for 1v1, maybe down 20% for total damage done in WZ due to no more AOE spam, but such small differences isn't going to make or break the game for you.

AOE damage took a nerf because of CL being removed from Wrath procs. But for 1v1 there isn't much change at all. Yes FL damage is down: but Crushing Darkness damage is up. Ok so you can't cast CL in your rotation in 1v1: just get 2 extra ticks of FL which isn't so much of a damage loss. Sorc damage is down something like 10% for 1v1, maybe down 20% for total damage done in WZ due to no more AOE spam, but such small differences isn't going to make or break the game for you.

to

Your forgetting the buff that Mara/Juggs got. If your able to survive the damage output, they will destroy you in half the time you can get a crushing darkness/mind crush up.

I still see plenty of Sorcerers in PVP 30%-50% of the time. Most people don't want to give up on their character no matter how badly they been nerfed especially they obtained Full Battlemaster Gear and or attain a high Valor Rank like Conquer.

That's the problem I have.

I still see plenty of Sorcerers in PVP 30%-50% of the time.

That's the problem in the first place. Too many FOTM sorcs to start with. Now others got their chance and the sorcs are sadface.

I still remember wzs where almost the whole team were sorcs. That was less than a couple of weeks ago. Don't tell me that a whole team of sorcs running over everyone was considered balanced. Lol.

That's the problem in the first place. Too many FOTM sorcs to start with. Now others got their chance and the sorcs are sadface.

FOTM does not equal balanced. I agree sorcs needed nerfs, but they did it the wrong way.

Devs should treat pvp balances like cooking stew. If the stews to cold, turn it up a little bit don't turn the heal all the way up or you'll get rid of some of the flavor. If the stew is too hot, turn it down a bit. Don't lower it tot he point it becomes cold and looses its taste.

Bioware failed at pvp changes because they tried to fix too many things too fast. When it comes to balancing a game, you should do it slowly, not abruptly. Or things like 1.2 happen

Yall are way off.

Sorcs are awesome in group play. Show me an Imp team with 1 or no Sorcs....and that team loses. Sorcs still can heal for 500K easily.

L2P imo.

3 Sentinels/Marauders

3 Guardians/Juggernauts

1 Shadow/Assassin

1 Scoundrel/Operatives

Your sorcs won't get a heal or damage out before they're swiss cheese.

FOTM does not equal balanced. I agree sorcs needed nerfs, but they did it the wrong way.

Devs should treat pvp balances like cooking stew. If the stews to cold, turn it up a little bit don't turn the heal all the way up or you'll get rid of some of the flavor. If the stew is too hot, turn it down a bit. Don't lower it tot he point it becomes cold and looses its taste.

Bioware failed at pvp changes because they tried to fix too many things too fast. When it comes to balancing a game, you should do it slowly, not abruptly. Or things like 1.2 happen

You've never made stew, have you?

Yall are way off.

Sorcs are awesome in group play. Show me an Imp team with 1 or no Sorcs....and that team loses. Sorcs still can heal for 500K easily.

L2P imo.

what does this thread have to do with healing?

L2P issue. Go almost full balance/madness spec while getting the proc that causes lightning to go twice as fast. Maintain maximum distance form melee as possible and have DoTs up 24/7 and hang around pillars.

PROBLEM SOLVED

I do miss the easy mode though, new build loses force.

L2P issue. Go almost full balance/madness spec while getting the proc that causes lightning to go twice as fast. Maintain maximum distance form melee as possible and have DoTs up 24/7 and hang around pillars.

PROBLEM SOLVED

I can't imagine how having low dps dots spread around to pad stats could possibly be detrimental in fights designed around objectives....

PROBLEM SOLVED

Hurr Durr.

You do know peroidic damage is rather worthless with good healers?

Edited by DweezillKagemand

Maintain maximum distance form melee as possible and have DoTs up 24/7 and hang around pillars.

It's called force leap, they will jump to you, immobilize you, then master strike/ravage you. Then you die behind your pillar.

Edited by Rollento

Yep CC for 4 sec then run, oh wait! They'll leap to you, and the result will be the same. You'll be immobilized and then what CC again? Now their resolve bar is full, and clearly your f***** if you don't have anyone who can aid you 1v1. That's not balanced