Slaves become Inquisitors???

MORTTUUM

I've see all the movies, and read a few of the early EU book (Zhans, a couple Rogue Squad, a few others). Where does the idea that the Sith would choose slaves, of all things, to train in the Force to be Inquisitors? Who came up with this idea? I just started playing an Inq, and find it odd, and annoying, to be called "slave " all the time. Weirdest concept I've ever heard of... Edited by Moitteva
removed IC/political

During the cold war, the Sith were a bit short on forces, so they decided that it's not all that bad to allow someone besides purebloods and humans to train as Sith. By non-humans and non-purebloods they mean totally anyone they can find who is sensitive, such as slaves, aliens, maybe someone they picked up off-world, anything.

Not everyone was fond of the idea, but it happened.

Edited by Mechavomit

The idea is that slaves that are strong in the force are brought in and trialed, and the masters (normally scholarly, aka inquisitors) pick from the group of the trial's best.

I will look into why they pick slaves, but I think it related to Revan's ideals that it swells the number of Sith in existance.

And just to clarify: it's not that all inquisitors are former slaves, but it's just the story Bioware gave YOUR Inquisitor. Seems like a reasonable plan to bolster your forces this way. The Sith Academy weeds out the weak ones anyway. Edited by Boissi

It also plays into the story a bit when you learn Darth Thanaton never chooses his apprentices from slaves as he's supposedly an arch traditionalist, whereas Zash is not.

Which is quite ironic as Darth Thanaton was once a slave by the name of Teneb Kel

I've see all the movies, and read a few of the early EU book (Zhans, a couple Rogue Squad, a few others). Where does the idea that the Sith would choose slaves, of all things, to train in the Force to be Inquisitors?

Past doesn't matter. Force sensitive people have two career choices in the empire: Sith or a cadaver.

Whether some darth would choose an ex-slave as an apprentice is a different thing altogether. I rather like the inquisitor story however, since it depicts you climbing up to power from the absolute lowest ladder.

Edited by Karkais

Whether some darth would choose an ex-slave as an apprentice is a different thing altogether. I rather like the inquisitor story however, since it depicts you climbing up to power from the absolute lowest ladder.

So Slave-to-Ruler is strictly a BW/TOR idea not founded on some outside source?

Anakin?

I believe even Aayla Secura started out among slaves.

I know, bad example, as they didn't START as Sith.

Let me continue. I'm sure I'll find some :)

Edited by JWagner

Using my recollection of S.I. as a basis...

My understanding is that, there is always one [a Sith Pureblood? Some other strong entity?] in the batch they expect to succeed. The slaves are brought in to fill the trials (those that are found strong in the force, so that the Jedi cannot train them against the Sith first).

Of course, that's no excuse, as Bioware put it together. But given its a war, I can understand them wanting to take force potentials out of the market, away from the Jedi.

...The slaves are brought in to fill the trials (those that are found strong in the force, so that the Jedi cannot train them against the Sith first).

Of course, that's no excuse, as Bioware put it together. But given its a war, I can understand them wanting to take force potentials out of the market, away from the Jedi.

OK, now THAT makes sense. The only real sense in the idea that I can see.

Well the Empire is pretty clear on their ideas of force sensitive people. It doesn't matter if you are old/young or free/slave. If you are force sensitive submit to training on Korriban or face execution. Besides the academy isn't really known for keeping its student base as safe as can be.

It also plays into the story a bit when you learn Darth Thanaton never chooses his apprentices from slaves as he's supposedly an arch traditionalist, whereas Zash is not.

Which is quite ironic as Darth Thanaton was once a slave by the name of Teneb Kel

Don't forget...

It's even more ironic considering the person he killed to achieve his rank (Exal Kressh) was the posterchild for entitled traditionalist brat (a nice touch tbh, the Sith would have some aristos who are ridiculously proud of their heritage).

Both sides do this, Jedi are just much more lax about it, maybe its just the time and age. I mean, Jedis grab force-sensitives like the Sith do, otherwise the force-sensitives would have a great chance to turn into Sith and cause death and destruction. Both sides have this same kind of control in place. I was really surprised that a good number of forcesensitives on republic side were left to their own devices. On the empire side, I think Sith players get to do a bit of forcesensitive population control him/herself..

Balmorra, you have a quest to explore a cave and find force-sensitive refugees protected by the Jedi. Sith can then use plan B on them

Anakin?

Bingo. :p

Edited by Karkais

As has been said, it's not about slaves being turned into inquisitors... it's about ONE slave becoming AN inquisitor. You play through one unique story with your character -- and YOUR character begins as a slave.

Ultimately, the Sith respect power. You have the potential for power, and you would be wasted as a slave, so you are sent to Korriban to see what you really have. If you failed and died on Korriban, no big loss -- you were just a slave. However, if you succeed and prove to be powerful, then you deserve to be more than a slave and further the goals of the Empire. It's win/win for the Sith in this instance.

i think that the whole point of slaves is that sith lords and the others look at you as a slave a fool and they took you in just because you have some force powers.nobody expected that a slave can become a darth.thats why you are a slave.to prove everyone wrong.i play as twilek sith inq and they call me an alien slave.but thats the point.the more they hate me the more powerful i become.:mad:

One of the things I like about the slave-to-inquisitor storyline is that it allows you to be Sith while despising most of what they stand for. It gives light side choices more grounding.

That was kind of my point. The Sith are basically opening the door to sedition withing the highest ranks. Any slave, unless taken from their parents at a very early age (say before they're 5 or 6, at which point they're the children of slaves, but not really effective slaves themselves) are most likely going to want to do more harm than good for the Empire. An inquisitor has the potential to do a lot of damage, and if they're downtrodden to start with, they're going to have a lot of reason, and plenty of emotional drive, (hatred) to become powerful in the Dark Side. It just seems like a really bad idea for the Empire... but then, that is why Empires fall...

Any slave, unless taken from their parents at a very early age (say before they're 5 or 6, at which point they're the children of slaves, but not really effective slaves themselves) are most likely going to want to do more harm than good for the Empire. An inquisitor has the potential to do a lot of damage, and if they're downtrodden to start with, they're going to have a lot of reason, and plenty of emotional drive, (hatred) to become powerful in the Dark Side. It just seems like a really bad idea for the Empire... but then, that is why Empires fall...

Sith training really emphasizes self-first, and the good of the Empire largely comes second. But I agree, training people who have a good reason to want you dead seems like poor decision making for long-term success. Planting seeds of destruction and all that.

That was kind of my point. The Sith are basically opening the door to sedition withing the highest ranks. Any slave, unless taken from their parents at a very early age (say before they're 5 or 6, at which point they're the children of slaves, but not really effective slaves themselves) are most likely going to want to do more harm than good for the Empire. An inquisitor has the potential to do a lot of damage, and if they're downtrodden to start with, they're going to have a lot of reason, and plenty of emotional drive, (hatred) to become powerful in the Dark Side. It just seems like a really bad idea for the Empire... but then, that is why Empires fall...

Sith in general are a detriment to the Empire.

That's what I learned from playing an IA at least XD

It's Zash.

She wanted an apprentice strong in the Force, but not well-versed in the Sith way. One who she could raise up from nothing, and 'mother', winning the acolyte's unswerving loyalty and devotion when she rescued him or her from the tyranny of Harkun (you know, her *employee*), to make said acolyte into a fitting vessel, in more than one sense.

Well if you consider it one way everyone in the empire are slaves to the emperor and the Empire. As for out side sources Vader was a slave in more than one way. He was a slave as a kid, he was a slave to his life support an ultimately a slave to his master. You can be a slave and still have power, Romans used slaves as tutors and even as put some slaves in charge of other slaves.

Which of course happened to slave in the south and even occurs today with modern slave trade and human trafficking. Slave that please the master are sometime placed over others. And yes there slavery today.

During 2001, at least 700,000 and potentially as many as 4 million men, women and children worldwide were bought, sold, transported and held against their will in slave-like conditions, according to the U.S. State Department.

slavery