paper?

Tigerstarr

Yeah... I'm a new Vanguard, coming over from a Shadow. I had all the non-tank defensive upgrades you can get on my Shadow, and I still feel way, way harder to kill on my Vanguard. Maybe you guys were tankier before the patch, but I can tell you that you still have much higher defenses than a light armor class.

I can't compare to shadows because I've never played one so no idea. I can say that we do feel squishier since 1.2. I think this is because of a lot of factors. Such as an underlying change in formulas in regards to combat. DPS, in general, being higher for a lot of classes. Changes to gear, more expertise on high end gear and if you are still geared in champ/centurion when 1.2 went live having a lot less expertise protection in pvp then recruit/BM/WH. Because of gear nerfs having, on average, 1K less in hitpoints... at least in pvp gear. Fotm class atm is sentinel/marrauders who put out a crapton of damage and have crazy good defensive CDs as well making it seem like you die faster then they do at times.

Etc etc etc. I don't think it is necessarily that we got nerfed. Just that the combat, especially in pvp, as a whole has changed significantly.

Amusing how they still manage to pull top dps and **** out whenever they please.

i don't remeber seein a sage/sorc being top damage or dps for a logn long time (even before 1.2). beside of this, the only reason they even got sometimes at top damage is AOE! go fight them and you see the lowest damage hitting you from all classes! not to forget that if you have an itnerrupt, use it on their spammed ability and they do nearly ZERO damage.

DD sage/sorcs always were and now even more one of the two WORST pvp classes. but people are too dumb to interrupt and only judge by total damage at the stats screen... what a big deal, a lot of damage with aoe .... sigh

p.s. beside of this meanwhile there are nearly no dd sages/sorcs on our server left. they are either healers now or play a different class.

edit: especially as a vanguard, no matter if assault, tactics or shieldspec or the many good variations we have like iron fist etc..... if you lose to a dd sage you SUCK! i never ever lose more than 20% hp before i destroy a full bm dd sage/sorc. and losign 20% means i had cd on all my defensive abilities and was a bit distracted by the tv running along.

Edited by me_unknown

especially as a vanguard, no matter if assault, tactics or shieldspec or the many good variations we have like iron fist etc..... if you lose to a dd sage you SUCK! i never ever lose more than 20% hp before i destroy a full bm dd sage/sorc. and losign 20% means i had cd on all my defensive abilities and was a bit distracted by the tv running along.

QFT. Other classes might have an excuse for losing to a sage, especially if they're caught at range or the sage burns CDs. However, Vanguard is the prime sage-killing class. We have heavy armor, Harpoon/Storm to get into melee, a really frequent interrupt, and high damage. We've got all the tools needed to take down light-armor cast-time nukers.

QFT. Other classes might have an excuse for losing to a sage, especially if they're caught at range or the sage burns CDs. However, Vanguard is the prime sage-killing class. We have heavy armor, Harpoon/Storm to get into melee, a really frequent interrupt, and high damage. We've got all the tools needed to take down light-armor cast-time nukers.

only an operative catched out of stealth or a gunnery commando have an excuse to lose against a dd sage/sorc. the gunnery commando can get interupted easily and the operative out of stealth can catch up fast enough.

but anything else has no excuses!

BUT this is only true if both have bm gear or around this. in the <50 bracket or as fresh 50 sages/sorcs are strong. but they scale bad with armor, worse than anybody else.