maintenance, why so much

wrathofkhan

Excellent point, push maintenance back until 12-22-12 so I can play until the world ends.
I know you where kd about end of world for true believers but for those who dont know this on that day the sun will be alligned as it was at 0000-01-01 so the sun as made one complete revolution cheers have some drinks but not too many you will have to go back to work eventuallly :)

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man I'd love to be playing too, but saying that the patches aren't fixing broken things is just wrong.

have you read the patch notes ?

no way they can tell me that those fixes are that urgent ?

for goodness sake we still have bugs from beta to sort out :(

The most important fixes were to time limited content which ends before the next scheduled maintenance.

If fixing all bugs were that easy they wouldn't exist.

Some bugs are incredibly persistent, that doesn't mean they aren't important.

As an Aussie who has played online games for so many years, this isn't so bad. Other companies products are far more unstable after major patches and game updates. TOR is at least mostly playable - that is a credit to the development team for sure.

al to true but a lemon is still a lemon so dont make excuses for it

Indeed, make lemonade! Sweet, sweet lemonade.

Edited by Bhaers

The most important fixes were to time limited content which ends before the next scheduled maintenance.

in that case maybe get some people in that can actually do the job right the first time ?

like i said, shoddy.

again, why wasn't this done on tuesday???? The free day they gave us last time...they just took it right back...so tysvm for nothing...

the most important fixes were to time limited content which ends before the next scheduled maintenance.

I think the teck bot has arrived and he is telling us what to think. Wow i never knew you could post an answer before i replied mister pink chat.
The what bot?

I personally think it's more of a periwinkle color than pink.
Looks like that because of the new forum colours.

Paid for a product. Cannot use product. Asked to be patient while product is being fixed. Asked to renew subscription and pay more for product while unuseable.

True story.

Just happened.

So you honestly have no characters on any server? Find it hard to believe. The product has been playable to you since day one. Just cause they have to bring servers down here and there, doesn't mean you aren't getting your moneys worth. Cause when they bring em back up, you have more to play than you did when you bought it. And thats true for any content added, bug fixes, items added, options added. Eitherway, you are getting what your $15 a month pays for. Believe it or not, this thread was started because someones being a baby bout not being able to play for 4 hours. Theres 24 of those in a day, theres 7 of those 24's in a week, and 365 of those 24's in a year. I'm sure you'll get to play the game 90% of that time.

What kind of fool spends his money and argues for the right of people he pays to not provide him service? I'm seriously baffled by the people who defend this issue. Did we click agree? Yes. Does that mean they should abuse the hell out of 1 clause in the agreement? Maybe I'm old, but I remember the days of the customer always being right when businesses were actually expected provide you with the service you payed them for.

Down time is bad no matter how you slice it. The developers should have had some foresight, especially considering the budget, and came up w/ a model that has no or at least minimal downtime. At the VERY LEAST, all down time should be compensated.

Anyway, keep telling them it's OK to rip us off and see how many stick around. Won't take long for something else to catch our interest and money at this rate.

It's fine to be a fanboy. I enjoy the game too, but cmon... bad design is bad. Better to shoot straight in hopes they'll actually strive to set things right and make it more fun and appealing to keep a strong player base.