Penalty for leaving a warzone early.

Grimyd

Leaving a warzone before the match ends should cost 500 warzone commendations that gets distributed to the people you abandon in game. I don't care what the excuse is. I don't care how bad the match looks. When people leave warzones early it screws the people you leave behind as well as the people who end up back-filling the match you raged quit.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving a warzone before the match ends should cost 500 warzone commendations that gets distributed to the people you abandon in game. I don't care what the excuse is. I don't care how bad the match looks. When people leave warzones early it screws the people you leave behind as well as the people who end up back-filling the match you raged quit.

Add in they cannot re-queue for a full "game" hour. That should be enough to get these people from bailing early.

You're acting like people will voluntarily enter into an engagement like that. This would be tantamount to punishing people for not having a good time, and would result in people just not queueing in the first place.

No one would care because no one currently cares, that's why people are unsubscribing to the game. The system could do what you're asking, strip players naked and delete everything in their storage lockers, and people will still quit because it would simply make it that much more pointless to care.

You're acting like people will voluntarily enter into an engagement like that. This would be tantamount to punishing people for not having a good time, and would result in people just not queueing in the first place.

Less people rage quitting a warzone means less people getting screwed back-filling a losing match.

Less people rage quitting a warzone means less people getting screwed back-filling a losing match.

You'd penalize someone who zones into a WZ that starts 4-8 and doesn't stick around? Why should they stay when they'll literally get nothing for their time, and will likely spend the match being beaten on by the other team? Not much fun, in my opinion.

No one would care because no one currently cares, that's why people are unsubscribing to the game. The system could do what you're asking, strip players naked and delete everything in their storage lockers, and people will still quit because it would simply make it that much more pointless to care.

From my experience people leave matches early because they feel if they aren't on the winning side than the rewards aren't worth sticking around for. If you make leaving a warzone early counter productive (taking away warzone coms) then these people will either stick around and fight to the end or not queue at all (Unsub). Either way the serious pvpers aren't screwed by felines (if you catch my drift).

What if your kid got his hand cut off and you had to take him to ER.. should you still get a penalty for it?

If my kid got his hand cutoff while playing video games: 1. I suck as a parent and 2. I don't give a **** about my penalty at that point.

I can see you sitting at your comp, wife is screaming that you kid is dying and you scream back "Shut up stupid woman, I don't want to lose my warzone comms and put out for an hour".

LMAO, welcome to the internet, where the majority just don't think.

You'd penalize someone who zones into a WZ that starts 4-8 and doesn't stick around? Why should they stay when they'll literally get nothing for their time, and will likely spend the match being beaten on by the other team? Not much fun, in my opinion.

Fixing matches so they don't start 4vs8 is a different issue. Coming from Rift, You would never see a match starting off with the opposing side having more than 1 member over the other. It isn't fun starting a match 4vs8, but at the same time rage quitting solves nothing. There needs to be a penalty.

SORRY nooblet, but when I join your game that you are losing 0-4, and I get no reward for staying and playing, I will not be penalized for leaving. BW is already aware of the issue, and they are resolving the issue as they already stated previously in the week. So this post is really pointless in the end.

Today my entire team bailed on Alderaan after we lost mid. I had capped mid, then went to assist on left. I managed to keep left, with the help of one other person. Pretty much as soon as we lost mid though, the rest of my team bailed.

Until I was the only one left. I was seriously the only person left. It was hilarious.

The opposing team had a premade. I assume once the rest of my team realized it was a good premade and that they probably couldn't get mid back again after they lost it they just gave up.

Do I blame my team for bailing? Nope. I bailed too actually after laughing about it. You can put a deserter debuff in if you want, but most people won't bother re-queuing right away anyway because if they do they will just get dumped right back into the same warzone a majority of the time. So most people wait, craft stuff, talk to people, look at something, surf the web or just log off. If everyone finds themselves logging off most of the time however, they will just unsubscribe.

I don't know if I will get the free month. I have a 50 and the legacy level, but I already un-subbed. If I get the free 30 and things turn around, I'll re-sub. I planned on being on this game for awhile and leveling a bunch of alts, but my primary fun has been from pvp and most of the legacy stuff isn't even in yet to make leveling alts quicker.

what happens if i don;t have any wz commendations.

what if i disconnect? punish them? while we are at it lets punish gods and bunnies.

oh they are an exception, pulls out internet cable when losing.

could play half arsedly (idk how to spell it let alone if it's a word) until game ends, you can't win against these people, unless full pre-made's

kinda helps if bioware didn't punish the losing team in 1.2 change

Edited by AnEvilBus

Simply bring back 1.1 pvp rewards and nobody would leave, just like how it used to be.

THIS.

Pvp pre 1.2 was much better, people will continue too leave even with a penalty... infact it will probably just cause them too stop playing /pvp all together.

SORRY nooblet, but when I join your game that you are losing 0-4, and I get no reward for staying and playing, I will not be penalized for leaving. BW is already aware of the issue, and they are resolving the issue as they already stated previously in the week. So this post is really pointless in the end.

Like i said illiterate, having a penalty for leaving a warzone early cuts down on amount of people who end up back-filling a match because of rage quitters.

what happens if i don;t have any wz commendations.

what if i disconnect? punish them? while we are at it lets punish gods and bunnies.

oh they are an exception, pulls out internet cable when losing.

could play half arsedly (idk how to spell it let alone if it's a word) until game ends, you can't win against these people, unless full pre-made's

kinda helps if bioware didn't punish the losing team in 1.2 change

You lose whatever warzone coms you have if you don't have 500. From the sound of you babies that'll probably be the most case scenario if this change were put in place. If you disconnect you only get half the rewards on the next warzone you play. Might sound harsh, but at least you'll work hard to get your connection in order before queuing into the next match.

if BW does this, imagine how long the ques will be because people will refuse to play WZs? Remember that a majority of the players in swtor are casuals and they are the players that are more likely to quit at the first sign of a loss.

if BW does this, imagine how long the ques will be because people will refuse to play WZs? Remember that a majority of the players in swtor are casuals and they are the players that are more likely to quit at the first sign of a loss.

They have every right to quit if the game stops being fun.

IMHO,

based on the small sample of those few thousand PvP warzones/battelgrounds/conflicts/matches/warfronts/arenas I have participated in since the 1990s;

"The most likely way to increase the number of people staying in PvP warzones is to make it fun for more people."

Some games have tried punishment, some have tried reward, most end up with a mix of reward , challenge and fun.

See, it's dumb ideas like this that tanks BioWare's game.

The idea is to provide incentive/reason for the losing team to stick in the game. Not punish them for feeling it isn't worth their time. I imagine if you ran a report, you'd quickly see that since 1.2 the amount of WZ quitters has gone up exponentially.

Don't punish folks because we refuse to be strapped to BioWare's ****** mechanics. You should be calling for answers from BioWare like, "When can we expect WZs to shut down if they don't start with a full team?" Or, "Why can't you provide incentive for the losing team to remain in the match? Not as many rewards as the winner, but something to make it worth their time?"

I just quit a Civil War that started 8v4. Why the hell should I, under any reason, hang around for 5-10 minutes feeding the other team medals and ego points when I get absolutely nothing for it except 5-10 minutes of frustration and disgust with BioWare's dev team?