@Bioware - How can you remain silent about this?

Bowflex

This is really aggravating to me, and I know there are a ton of other people out there who feel this way. What I want to know is why bioware won't do anything about it. There are a lot of servers that are dead right now. I logged in to my server two days ago and actually had over 40 people on the fleet and I was shocked. When I did a /who there was less than a hundred people on the server as a whole. This is supposed to be an MMO and the fact that James Ohlen, in his recent interview with Darth Hater, said that the servers are fine is unacceptable.

@James Ohlen, why don't you actually try playing and leveling on some of these extremely low populated servers and then tell us the servers are fine. Because I have a feeling you are looking at data and not experiencing it for yourself. As a gamer, consumer and member of my server I should not be happy to see 40 players at the fleet and less than 100 in total. I also want to mention that that was around 7-9 pm, can't remember exactly when, which would be peak hours. Give us something, please. Because this is unacceptable. You advertised an MMO not a glorified single player game.

Edited by Bowflex

This is really aggravating to me, and I know there are a ton of other people out there who feel this way. What I want to know is why bioware won't do anything about it. There are a lot of servers that are dead right now. I logged in to my server two days ago and actually had over 40 people on the fleet and I was shocked. When I did a /who there was less than a hundred people on the server as a whole. This is supposed to be an MMO and the fact that James Ohlen, in his recent interview with Darth Hater, said that the servers are fine is unacceptable.

@James Ohlen, why don't you actually try playing and leveling on some of these extremely low populated servers and then tell us the servers are fine. Because I have a feeling you are looking at data and not experiences it for yourself. As a gamer, consumer and member of my server I should not be happy to see 40 players at the fleet and less than 100 in total. I also want to mention that that was around 7-9 pm, can't remember exactly when, which would be peak hours. Give us something, please. Because this is unacceptable. You advertised an MMO not a glorified single player game.

What part of there working on it is hard to understand? i mean really?

It takes quite abit of coding to deal with Xfers+legacy+names+etc, its all really common sense...

Aw, well since BioWare won't be replying to this post, you may as well go unsubscribe, OP, because the company is clearing ignoring you by not providing a personalized response to you.
I'm surprised the moderators tolerate responses like yours.

At some point your (irrational) defense of the game becomes more off-putting even than the trolls.

Aw, well since BioWare won't be replying to this post, you may as well go unsubscribe, OP, because the company is clearing ignoring you by not providing a personalized response to you.

It's not just about me, in fact I have only posted once about the topic, which got deleted since there was already a thread, and that was fine. But, I haven't seen them mention it anywhere, which is why I made this thread.

Greetings,

We do realize that server population and related topics are of great concern to our community. There are already a couple of different conversations you can join, so you might want to add your thoughts here:

Server Population: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=396615

Server Transfers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=357566

Server Merges: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=399294

Daniel Erickson on Server Population: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=417608

You may also be interested in reading what Lead Game Designer Daniel Erickson said regarding server transfers in one of our Weekly Q&As:

Shotgun-clavy: When are character transfers going to become available? And are server transfers a real possibility?

Daniel Erickson: Character transfers between servers are definitely going to be available in the future and we’ll announce details as soon as we have firm dates.

We hope this sheds some light on the issue. We are closing this thread now. Thank you for your feedback!