DNA companion customizations a joke?

Fodiddle

Not only do you force players to purchase RANDOM dna boxes, but if you're lucky enough to get one a companion you actually use, it makes no difference on mine due to her armor.

Way to go Bioware! Way to go guys.

Do you folks test a damned thing over there before pushing it out the door? Do you ever ask yourselves "are we pissing our players off by idiotic design decisions we're making?"

So many bad decisions, so much amateurish design. For instance, why cant we simply zone to the boss in hardmode operations when working on progression? I know i look forward to running my butt off through the dungeon each and everytime we wipe all night long.

Why don't flightpath's connect on planets?(like Dromund) Naw..this doesn't piss off your player base at all..

We enjoy running and running..and running just to get to our goal.

This is my honest feedback, i truly wonder where you've hired your designers from because it all seems so half assed, and not thought through at all.

I enjoy the game, but this stuff gets old real quick.

Flame away fanbois.

Not only do you force players to purchase RANDOM dna boxes, but if you're lucky enough to get one a companion you actually use, it makes no difference on mine due to her armor.

Do you folks test a damned thing over there before pushing it out the door? Do you ever ask yourselves "are we pissing our players off by idiotic design decisions we're making?"

So many bad decisions, so much amateurish design. For instance, why cant we simply zone to the boss in hardmode operations when working on progression? I know i look forward to running my butt off through the dungeon each and everytime we wipe all night long.

Why don't flightpath's connect on planets?(like Dromund) Naw..this doesn't piss off your player base at all..

We enjoy running and running..and running just to get to our goal.

This is my honest feedback, i truly wonder where you've hired your designers from because it all seems so half assed, and not thought through at all.

I enjoy the game, but this stuff gets old real quick.

Flame away fanbois.

You weren't 'forced" do to anything. You chose to, no one held a gun to your head.

Edited by Notannos
insulting

Because running from one FP to another, which, by the way, you now have SPRINT to help you, is totally a waste of time. Heck, why not give us FP's every 5 inches? Make it extra convenient to get to everywhere you need to go.

Oh, and why not teleport to each boss? Heck, why not teleport to every planet instantaneously? Or teleport to to every mob instantaneously? Because I totally don't want to run anywhere.

If this is all you have to complain about, then Bioware is doing an excellent job.

Edited by Guildrum

I don't understand your complaint about running through ops to get to the boss after a wipe. This is the first MMO I've played where they at least give you a speeder to get you where you going faster.

If you really want to talk about a runback, you should have tried Twin Emps in The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.

I don't care for the random boxes either. However they aren't game breaking, it's a world event and a little randomness to it can be a good thing.

The Flight point thing... yeah, I don't understand why some of them don't connect either, but the run between them isn't that bad in all honesty.

The Flight point thing... yeah, I don't understand why some of them don't connect either, but the run between them isn't that bad in all honesty.

Especially DK's, yes, it's inconvenient and a bit frustrating when I've had a bad day, but it's nothing post-worthy. :p

Especially DK's, yes, it's inconvenient and a bit frustrating when I've had a bad day, but it's nothing post-worthy. :p

I honestly don't find a lot of my issues to be post worthy. The only reason I'm so active at the moment is because I'm at work and unable to play:D

I do not find frustrating the running (athough firebrand and stormcaller are quite a ride after wipe). I find not well thought (but not gamebreaking) the double loading. You wipe, you load the fleet only to turn around and load the ops again. Given the thought that you do not run from medical centre (graveyard) to the entrance of the instance. Would be kind of nice if you would just repsawn in the instance instead of starring at two loading screens. Although it is not gamebreaking it would be nice little adjustment.

I do not find frustrating the running (athough firebrand and stormcaller are quite a ride after wipe). I find not well thought (but not gamebreaking) the double loading. You wipe, you load the fleet only to turn around and load the ops again. Given the thought that you do not run from medical centre (graveyard) to the entrance of the instance. Would be kind of nice if you would just repsawn in the instance instead of starring at two loading screens. Although it is not gamebreaking it would be nice little adjustment.

With that though, that's the same as in other MMOs, even WoW (unless they changed something in cata) You wipe, you have to load outside to the world, the zone back in and load in again. (I chose WoW because Firebrand and Stormcaller sound like WoW bosses, I don't know for sure though as I haven't played since Icecrown was launched.

You cannot be serious... I mean you cannot see the customization cause she is wearing armor....

Because running from one FP to another, which, by the way, you now have SPRINT to help you, is totally a waste of time. Heck, why not give us FP's every 5 inches? Make it extra convenient to get to everywhere you need to go.

Oh, and why not teleport to each boss? Heck, why not teleport to every planet instantaneously? Or teleport to to every mob instantaneously? Because I totally don't want to run anywhere.

If this is all you have to complain about, then Bioware is doing an excellent job.

I know this is off-topic (sort of) and I'm not trying to be rude, but the extremely linear "run here, talk, fight, run over here" is stupid. It is poor game design, flat-out. It is not anything like an MMORPG should be designed. Over anything else, this is probably the biggest reason why I quit playing (just recently came back to try out 1.2).

Before you say something about me being "spoiled", allow me to enlighten you to the fact that I quit for an emulator for Classic Everquest. This game may as well mail you max-level with full gear as soon as you create a character when you compare its difficulty to that of OG Everquest.

I don't mind travel times - but I want them to mean something, not just be corridors full of generic bad guys that I kill on my way to some objective. I spent almost an hour running TO a group in EQ the other day and didn't have a problem with it at all - the travel time is an inherent part of the difficulty of the game. If you die in a field somewhere, you have to run and go get your body, naked, starting from wherever you last "bound". Thus, there is exploration, a "danger zone" of a frontier, and much more added risk. There is ENGAGEMENT as opposed to ANNOYANCE. Here there is no exploration, there is no "frontier", there is no risk, there is only annoyance.

I really want this game to be what I imagine it being in my head, but it does have some serious weaknesses. Denying them doesn't help a game we all like (or at least LIKED at one point) get better.

Hello everyone!

We appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we do ask that that feedback is constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

With that in mind, we're going to go ahead and close the thread. If you have suggestions for the game, we have a forum for specific suggestions, the Suggestion Box. We encourage you to post your suggestions there!

We also have a forums specifically for discussions on Flashpoints, Operations and Heroic Missions.

Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible!