"Mutated Rakghoul Plague" what is this? Not normal feverish...

zmac

I have been farming DNA samples and randomly got infected with a "Mutated Rakghoul Plague." What is it? Doesn't seem to change at all and I can't become "feverish" with this on. Sorry if this info is out there- couldn't find anything on google or forums.

Thanks.

I have been farming DNA samples and randomly got infected with a "Mutated Rakghoul Plague." What is it? Doesn't seem to change at all and I can't become "feverish" with this on. Sorry if this info is out there- couldn't find anything on google or forums.

Thanks.

This is the second stage of the plague, at the end of which you will explode. You probably just didn't notice it before.

The plague starts with Feverish. After a certain number of minutes of Feverish (I believe 17?) it will change to mutated. At that point , you have the green smoke coming off of you, the glowing eyes, and in a certain time (I think 3 minutes) you will blow up.

Sometimes it bugs for some reason. The solution is to take the antidote, then right click the antidote buff icon to remove it. you can then be infected again and it should function normally.

My understanding is that there is also a way to force the explosion by - I believe - starting a duel with another player and then typing /stuck, though I am not certain if those are the precise steps.

Best guess is that it is what happens when you log out while infected. Probably to keep people from logging out an infected alt and saving the "fun" to blow up and infect people after the event is over.

Just a guess.

Funny but last night I got infected and ran around for quite a while without exploding. I finally left Tatooine to do a mission on Hutta for my story, got scanned and jumped at the Tatooine space port but killed the attackers.

When I got to Hutta in the middle of the instance story mission I got the tell tale fumes then pop! Dead. Took over an hour or more to finally kick in, I thought it strange at the time, perhaps it was bugged.

Funny but last night I got infected and ran around for quite a while without exploding. I finally left Tatooine to do a mission on Hutta for my story, got scanned and jumped at the Tatooine space port but killed the attackers.

When I got to Hutta in the middle of the instance story mission I got the tell tale fumes then pop! Dead. Took over an hour or more to finally kick in, I thought it strange at the time, perhaps it was bugged.

From what I hear zoning resets the timer on the debuff

Figured it out, this is the 3 second phase while you are blowing up. i watched someone else blow up and kept the mouse over their debuff.

my guess is i started blowing up while i jumped from the vip area and it bugged the debuff on me because i killed myself in the middle of the mutated transition.

yes a vaccine cleared it and i restarted the process.

Greetings everyone!

We did notice that there were some questions regarding why you might not be exploding in the time expected. We wanted to refer you to this post made by Principal Lead Combat Designer, Georg Zoeller:

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but I cannot blow up. it has been over an hour. Any known fix?

Please note that switching areas, etc. will reset the timer on the plague's current phase. So if you keep travelling, you ward off the progress of the plague.

We hope that assists those with that specific question! :)

Greetings everyone!

We did notice that there were some questions regarding why you might not be exploding in the time expected. We wanted to refer you to this post made by Principal Lead Combat Designer, Georg Zoeller:

We hope that assists those with that specific question! :)

So.... unlike real life where travelling makes you jet lagged and just look like you have rakghoul fever. Travelling with rakghoul fever in SW:TOR prolongs your life! Cool. Seriously though, thanks for the link.

Once you get to the second stage, though, you can just decide to end it all and (say) jump to your death. You'll get the 5 DNA samples, but you don't get to explode all over a guy. Umm.. I mean, any bystanders. Umm. I mean, die from the illness in an explosive fashion. :eek: