Just picked up the game last night and have a question

SNUSman

I play PVE and was wondering what classes are usually easiest to get in a group with end game for gear etc.??

The most important thing is to pick the right server. If you pick the wrong server, you're SOL no matter which class you decide to play.

On a decently populated server, all the classes are fairly easy to get into grps with. On a low pop server, chances of finding a grp for end game is nearly impossible.

So, PICK SERVER WISELY!!

I play PVE and was wondering what classes are usually easiest to get in a group with end game for gear etc.??

That answer is clearly dependant on your server's population and the side you chose. To clarify, some servers may be Imperial heavy, making it easier for imps to get a group. At the same time the Imps may be heavy on tanks and healers so DPS may be the way to go. That said there could be a balance of population on some servers with a healthy balance of classes, making your decision even more difficult.

The most important thing is to pick the right server. If you pick the wrong server, you're SOL no matter which class you decide to play.

On a decently populated server, all the classes are fairly easy to get into grps with. On a low pop server, chances of finding a grp for end game is nearly impossible.

So, PICK SERVER WISELY!!

^ So true.

I never understood why people pick light servers. I always go for Medium to Full servers.

^ So true.

I never understood why people pick light servers. I always go for Medium to Full servers.

Because every time I played on heavy servers in other MMORPGs, I either could not get on when I wanted or my system crashed/became unplayable when going in to populated areas.

I prefer Medium Pop, myself, as it tends to be a good balance.

I do wish I could see the side preference on a server, but considering you can (and now are encouraged) to play both sides, I guess it isn't so bad.

I have pretty much stuck with Hyperspace Cannon (usually medium pop) since launch since that is where my friend's guild was randomly assigned.

But I have created some toons on high pop servers like Canderous Ordo and Harbinger just to see what it was like, and I never really had a problem getting on. The only problem I noticed was in PVE environments, it literally feels crowded and sometimes you have to wait for mobs to respawn to complete quests.

That's the trade-off, low pop servers better for PVE, High pop better for Raids/groups and PVP.

http://dulfy.net/2012/02/24/some-numerical-population-data-for-swtor-servers/

Check out the link above, and my advice would be to pick something in the upper 25%, but not top 3-4.

Pick a heavy server and if you want insta-groups, like any MMO, roll a class with a spec that allows tanking/healing as well as DPS. Newbie guide is your friend on this.