Lost Island HM should drop better gear!

I agree, the fight feels geared towards tier 2/3 groups. It should be dropping rakata gear with a chance to drop campaign at the very end. Even running it through normal mode was pretty difficult. It's also yet again another FP thats extremely anti-melee... It almost seems pointless to play any melee class outside of pvp.

Jeez everyone wants everything handed to them on a silver platter. If you need to gear up your columi set, do the other FPs. I love Lost Island as it is challenging and you dont have to do it to gear up at all.

Lost Island isn't even that hard when you learn how the fights work, but that takes a while unless you are in a good group.

I have to agree with OP. I don't want it to be easier, I just found myself disappointed after the 10th wipe on LR-5 while we learned te fight, realizing that the gear we were going to get was basically worthless to all of us (since we are all full Columi already). I just think it is a little overturned for the gear it drops. But I appreciate the challenge. The biggest concern, however, is the fact that we had to ask our melee party member to drop so we could pick up a range. After doing so, the fight was much easier. I do believe they need to tweak some of the fights to be more melee friendly.

I've seen alot of these types of posts within the last few days and while i agree that the flashpoint is hard and probably shouldn't be toned down any, i also see where most of the complaints are coming from. Flashpoints are a means to gear yourself up for raid content so while having an instance that is challenging like Lost island the gear you get should be equivalent to the amount of effort that goes into clearing that instance and in lost islands' case that just doesn't happen. The instance requires a minimum of 3 people to be FULLY columi geared but if you want to actually have a decent chance then the tank should have atleast 2-4 pieces of Rakata (Raid gear). Here is where most of the complaints i see arise from, the bosses up until the last boss of the instance all drop Columi gear which everyone in the zone should already have so basically you do 1.5 - 2 hours of work (on a good run) and you get 1 piece of gear that may or may not be an upgrade for it. Now like i said the instance itself shouldn't be toned down at all; the difficulty is truly moving in the right direction however the rewards are not, if the instance requires the whole group to be fully columi geared to advance in it then the drops should either be Rakata level or inbetween columi and rakata. Granted this is just my opinion on the matter.

I know, right? Killed this as a sentinel. It is a challenging HM, but it is far from being "anti-melee."

How did you address the electrical bubbles on LR-5? Did your tank just kite him the whole time? We found the only way we could get it done was to keep him in the middle with all ranged staying together and moving as a unit around the perimeter. I am interested to know how you did it with melee so we can try it.

How did you address the electrical bubbles on LR-5? Did your tank just kite him the whole time? We found the only way we could get it done was to keep him in the middle with all ranged staying together and moving as a unit around the perimeter. I am interested to know how you did it with melee so we can try it.

Yep! It took us three attempts (our tank had not seen the fight yet). Interrupt everything, cleanse incinerate, kite the bubbles and score loot.

I'm a marauder and we had the tank tank in middle square on corner. I would attack and after plasma arc I'd run out to max distance towards back of room. Ranged/heals would be at max distance at front of room and filled 4 spots in front then moved to side of rooms. We hit enrage timer just barelty but we downed him.