New Sorc need advice

AngelaBeth

Hey folks, about to level my first Empire toon. I have a lvl50 Vanguard, I ran tank spec the whole way grouping for FP's as much as possible. My next toon I wanted to be a soloing king. I was thinking either a Merc or a sorc, and I decided on a Sorc.

As of 1.2, which spec will net me the best soloing experience? I'm guessing I'll have to put a little into the healing tree too to ensure I can solo as much as possible, but again, I'm not sure where to go with that.

Thanks much.

Sorcerers solo well early no matter what. You get two base heals and a bubble as base abilties as well as a 60 second CC. You have all of that by the time you're 14.

If you go heals your fights will be slow until you get your 2nd companion (DPS) in Tatooine. After that Heals soloing is fine. DPS with a bit of bubbling and healing your tank companion is probably best until then.

Later on in your 40s, healing has a huge advantage on what fights you can solo. DPS sorcs have a hard time with champs then but healers don't.

Having said all that, I just leveled my 2nd 50, an Tankasin (31/0/10) and soloing was ridiculously easy with him and my healer companion. I thought they would be slow but thei DPS is much better than I ever imagined.

Healer + tank is a powerful combo but now that I've done it both ways, I think it works best when the companion is the healer and you're the tank.

Sorc: Just use your tank companion (first one you get) and DPS everything. Don't need to spec heals if you want to solo PvE. Key abilities in DPS: Wrath (madness spec), deathfield (madness) is good aoe damage, then go lightning (I have up to forked lightning, but YMMV).

It's fun, but can be a bit frustrating in PvP with lack of survivability because of the armor.

Hey folks, about to level my first Empire toon. I have a lvl50 Vanguard, I ran tank spec the whole way grouping for FP's as much as possible. My next toon I wanted to be a soloing king. I was thinking either a Merc or a sorc, and I decided on a Sorc.

As of 1.2, which spec will net me the best soloing experience? I'm guessing I'll have to put a little into the healing tree too to ensure I can solo as much as possible, but again, I'm not sure where to go with that.

Thanks much.

Reroll~

If that isn't a valid option go DPS. You will have superior force regen and you can still throw out bubbles and heals on your companion.

i leveled pure healing, (because that was where i planned on ending up anyway). I had no idea how easy i had it until i started running my sniper alt. Just remember your interrupts and you can handle anything solo throws at you, and still be ready to jump in and heal a heroic or instance if the situation arises.

It depends how quickly you would like to level I suppose. The advice above is pretty good though. I have a level 42 sorcerer in full heal spec and although soloing can be slow sometimes, its pretty survivable. I use Khem Val as my MT and he holds agro well enough - sometimes i have to CC a mob here or there if we get swarmed. Once BW adds true target forwarding (which I am hopeful they will do) sorc soloing in full heal spec will get soooo much easier. We will be able to heal and dps while still targeting our MT (like I said, I'm hopeful they will eventually include this feature). Other people seem to like more of the hybrid specs though, for higher dps, so if you like buring down mobs quickly a hybrid spec is probably your best option. Like someone else said earlier, you get some pretty good base heals, so if you want to rely on higher dps to kill things quickly rather than solid heals and longer fights, put more points into the damage trees.

Full heals is a great way to level.

After putting your first 4 points into Reserves and Will of Sith feel free to start working your way up the Corruption Tree.

Khem Val is an optimal companion for a Healer. He can take a beating and does fairly decent dps. As you level up remember to toggle his AOE abilities when CC is needed. Keep his gear up to date and when you get his first orange Vibrosword keep it's damage output optimal with level appropriate hilts.

Packs of mobs can take a while to burn down before you get Force Storm later on, but don't worry since Khem can take a beating. Once you get Force storm though, the speed at which you burn through grouped mobs become laughable.

My general plan of attack went something like this. Bubble Khem, send him into the mobs, wait for aggro and start to dps with Affliction, Lightning Strike, Shock. When Khem's bubble breaks, apply Dark Mending, Resurg, and Innervate (once you level up) then re-bubble. By then most of not all mobs should be dead. Using this basic rotation there's not much that should prove difficult. I solo'd all the level appropriate 2 man heroics with ease. Whirlwind is your best friend when confronted with multiple gold mobs. On boss fights remember to use your Heroic Moment ability and profit.

Full heals is a great way to level.

After putting your first 4 points into Reserves and Will of Sith feel free to start working your way up the Corruption Tree.

Khem Val is an optimal companion for a Healer. He can take a beating and does fairly decent dps. As you level up remember to toggle his AOE abilities when CC is needed. Keep his gear up to date and when you get his first orange Vibrosword keep it's damage output optimal with level appropriate hilts.

Packs of mobs can take a while to burn down before you get Force Storm later on, but don't worry since Khem can take a beating. Once you get Force storm though, the speed at which you burn through grouped mobs become laughable.

My general plan of attack went something like this. Bubble Khem, send him into the mobs, wait for aggro and start to dps with Affliction, Lightning Strike, Shock. When Khem's bubble breaks, apply Dark Mending, Resurg, and Innervate (once you level up) then re-bubble. By then most of not all mobs should be dead. Using this basic rotation there's not much that should prove difficult. I solo'd all the level appropriate 2 man heroics with ease. Whirlwind is your best friend when confronted with multiple gold mobs. On boss fights remember to use your Heroic Moment ability and profit.

Oh nice, thanks for all that you posted, and to others for their advice. Level 12 Sorc is rolling along, having a blast. At first I didn't like Khem, then in my first meeting with Lord Zash in Kass City, how he got in her face and said he was going to devour her, he looked so big and muscular, I like him much more now.

Nice. I'm in the same position as the OP. Leveled a Vangaurd hybrid to 50 and now am leveling a Sorc. I could solo anything with my Trooper. made it all the way to 50 barely at social I.

So I was looking for a more group focused toon this time around. And since I was so jealous of the lightning Sorcs could dish out in PVP I went sorc.

Sounds like you can do both solo and group pretty well with the healing spec. I've been having a blast so far.

And I agree with the OP too on Khem. Loving the convos where he's threatening to eat everyone...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.