The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

Sheff

One quick thing I've noticed in this thread. The yesmen running apologetics campaigns will often say "all games are dying but X standard" but then they almost always go on to list titles that are 5+ years old, or else they mention titles that I would have called failed games.

The semantics argument about when a game is "dead" is usually incredibly disingenuous.

I agree it a statement of our society it is full of yesmen, just accepting what is offered to a dinner table even if it stinks. Why do we even live in a world were our way of life is a struggle in itself that we work to live, doesnt sound like a world created by God maybe the Devil has something to do with it. Wouldnt that be a suprise to all Atheists that the Devil was rulling the world right now. Why do rich get richer and poor get poorer. Why we living in a society were we accept the injustices nearly everyone is a yesman.

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesnt I canceled but my subs not run out and it still gave me it, it goes to people whom canceled to try get them to hang around longer, the point people are making is the game wasnt even ready to be relased hence if it had 1yr more development time it might been a sucess but as it stands now cause of the rush release for a cash grab it has failed. Standards of MMOS in 2012 are much greater than Standards of MMO's from 2003. Technology has advanced so much that they have no excuse for these problems anymore.

I mean come on they use a engine from like 5yrs ago and graphics arnt even on par with wows curent ones.

No it doesnt I canceled but my subs not run out and it still gave me it, it goes to people whom canceled to try get them to hang around longer, the point people are making is the game wasnt even ready to be relased hence if it had 1yr more development time it might been a sucess but as it stands now cause of the rush release for a cash grab it has failed. Standards of MMOS in 2012 are much greater than Standards of MMO's from 2003. Technology has advanced so much that they have no excuse for these problems anymore.

Except if they released one year later, it would have never been released. This game has already been held back... for how long? Look at Duke Nukem. They pushed back countless times trying to change the game.. and what do we get? Not to mention the costs required if it was released a year later. They would've just scrapped it to save them the even more money it would have cost them.

And MMOs have to be designed from the ground up. Sure, technology has advanced, but every company still has to build up the structure for their MMO. It's not like anything else designwise.

I mean come on they use a engine from like 5yrs ago and graphics arnt even on par with wows curent ones.

personally i think WOW has the graphics of my Nintendo 64

scratch that.. its worse.

Edited by chrisftw

Sounds like they prepared and snowed you guys good... Because I've heard totally the opposite from the regular beta testers...

Look, what can it hurt to go in expecting it to be just another typical MMO, with all its bugs and playerbase that can't agree on anything, PvPers who constantly whine no matter how good the PvP is, and you won't disappointed. ;)

The diffrence between you and me is that you heard something and I've actually played most closed beta weekends. GL, HF ;)

PvPers whine are the most competent whine out there actually. You see lately people whine on PvP no matter of game because most games trying to copy WoW solutions. And WoW's PvP is utter ****. From 'fresh' MMOs best PvP lately was in WHO but EA instagibbed it after release (game is the same as beta to this time nothing fixed, nothing changed, despite great and competent feedback). GW1 had brilliant PvP system too yet we gonna see how they'll handle this in GW2 later on, since GW2 is completely diffrent design in all terms.

The diffrence between you and me is that you heard something and I've actually played most closed beta weekends. GL, HF ;)

PvPers whine are the most competent whine out there actually. You see lately people whine on PvP no matter of game because most games trying to copy WoW solutions. And WoW's PvP is utter ****. From 'fresh' MMOs best PvP lately was in WHO but EA instagibbed it after release (game is the same as beta to this time nothing fixed, nothing changed, despite great and competent feedback). GW1 had brilliant PvP system too yet we gonna see how they'll handle this in GW2 later on, since GW2 is completely diffrent design in all terms.

So... you're press? I thought all the betas were press only... the first open one is next week no?

So... you're press? I thought all the betas were press only... the first open one is next week no?

No. Previous weekend betas included press, but were also stress-tests open to selected testers. The upcoming weekend beta is the first open public test.

i love how Marrond is pretty much trolling just about everybody in this thread.

he's already claimed GW2 even in alpha testing stages was more complex and intutitve than SWTOR was.. a HALF YEAR after release.

lol this dude is laughing his butt off right now. Oh and GW2 will fail. because at this point in time its heralded as the second coming of Jesus. GW1 was total trash by the way. i couldn't even get past level 15 it was so terrible.

There's nothing to troll about sadly. But nice try.

It's overlooked as Jesus because it DOESN'T copy things and is suprisingly fun. Seriously. And judging GW2 on what GW1 was is entirely stupid and show off your lack of basic knowledge in the topic of MMO :)

Let's leave it this way, since I'm considered troll there's no matter what I say, right? ^^

Edited by Marrond

I'm pretty sure this game looks a lot like WoW, but with Star Trek's lens flare.

WOW animations/particule effects and lightning and artwork is better and smoother.

The current graphics of wow are better than SWTOR

Edited by unseenmaji

No. Previous weekend betas included press, but were also stress-tests open to selected testers. The upcoming weekend beta is the first open public test.

Ah... ok then, thanks for the heads up!

Already preoredered GW2, let's see how that game holds up to the hype.

Played TERA this weekend (yay for free beta!), and as impressed as I was with the battle system, it doesn't hold me like TOR, not to mention people are already ripping it to shreds, and the area chat should be renamed Barrens 2.0.

Edited by Oofpez

You ruined all the fun... I was getting handy with my new troll title already >.>

Got pre-purchase with access to all upcoming betas? (idk if normal version had it since I've prepurchased CE) I highly recommend participate in atleast one weekend. Tons of fun yet you may feel a bit lost since it feels completely diffrent comparing to what WoW and it's copies get used us to.

Edited by Marrond

Ah... ok then, thanks for the heads up!

Played TERA this weekend (yay for free beta!), and as impressed as I was with the battle system, it doesn't hold me like TOR, not to mention people are already ripping it to shreds, and the area chat should be renamed Barrens 2.0.

Same. Judging from the press and personal beta feedback I've gotten, I have to say GW2 looks like it will deliver. It won't be perfect, of course, but it's shaping up to be a great game.

An added note--and this is directed to the thread in general--it's ironic how some people moan about GW2 being garbage, then in the same breath defend TOR by reminding us that games don't launch perfectly.

You DO realize that the free 30 days only goes to people who are still subbed right...?

Really? Well, you have clearly shown me the error of my ways, or didn't realize that it makes no difference whatsoever in any *********** way that it's for people who are subbed, because you could easily resub till the 22. and get the 30 days for free.

Didn't cross your mind did it?

Edited by Notannos
language/rude

Three things BW/EA can do to improve this game:

1) Separate PvP mechanics from PvE mechanics. Nerfs and buffs should not interact with either platform.

(Before anyone says this can't be done, check your innumerable sources on other pages I will not begin to list here, because - it can be done, and has been done on many MMOs before this one, including recently WoW)

2) An overhaul of abilities with various classes in regards to CC and role designation. (This one's also more targeted toward PvP, as I feel that probably most of the sub losses are from the PvP crowd themselves. I mean I took a long break before 1.2 to play DCUO and even that had better PvP).

3) Interact with your players more. Not on game play mechanics, not on PvP, but on the game itself. What makes the game fun? Those things should be improved upon. I mean, LFG Tool has never been so bad that it crushed WoW, did it? Perhaps the instant "teleport to them inside the instance" thing upset people, but surely not being able to find people to DO SOMETHING WITH did that, right? Come on BW/EA...you guys know fun factor, I've played ME 1,2 & 3, and NWN...hell even Jade Empire had a fun factor to it. Do something that everyone can find as a viable reason to stay.

Well Tera is a game of one feature (nontarget combat system - although I have feeling that Continent of Ninth will handle this better - here it is a bit clumsy but still alot of fun :) ) yet it basis rules similar to L2. You must just like grinding mobs and true open PVP. TBH PVP looks very charming due to all that action involved ;) PvE looks pretty nice since you actualy can dodge mobs attacks real time, not just get targeted and slapped to death no matter what you do. It open possibilities.

Edited by Marrond