Legacy Bound Items?

Bigpoppanev

Got a question about the Legacy weapons and armor vendors.

I bought a Sith Inquis, double bladed 14 light saber for an alt.

It was a level 14 weapon, I noticed as I leveled with him to 20, the weapon didn't get any better(it didn't level with him). I also noticed that it said on it, sith inquisitor only.

Unless I missed something crucial here(and if I did correct me), but what is the point of wasting all this time with legacy gear if for one, it doesn't level with you and in a few levels you'll get better planetside commendation vendor gear. And two i can't send that saber to say a Jedi Shadow alt, since its gated to inquisitor only, and a sorc couldn't use a double saber, why would I level another Assasin?

I assumed the legacy gear would be similar to heirloom gear in WoW, something to make leveling and playing alts a little lighter on the wallet of the main. But with commendation vendors, i just don't see the point in ever trying to get anymore. Am i missing something here?

I was wondering the same thing. Why would I want this if its so much easier to get better items. Its not moddable, correct?

No, its not moddable. the best I could figure is that the armor did look unique, maybe its for the RP'ers or collectors. I truly hope I am missing something about this, otherwise i am starting to think that this patch should have been allowed to bake for a few more months....

Gonna bump this so hopefully someone who knows more about this then me can fill me in. maybe even a MOD? Am i doing something wrong with this? Do i have to go somewhere or do something to get this to level up with my guy, or am I correct with my assumption?

The armor you can level up with the mods, but as far as I've seen, all the weapons are a static weapon.

Which is very silly. You'd think they'd make the legacy weapons look different and be moddable. whatevs

You'll get new tokens once your alt finishes chapter 1 of his story. You can mail those then to yet another alt (your consular for example).

That I did not know, the weapon definitely sucks, but with the armor being moddable, that is a pretty cool setup. Hopefully they will make the weapon be moddable.

Thanks for alerting me!

AT level 30 when i got my legacy unlocked, it fave me some box. It said something to the effect it was for making legacy items.

I tried right clicking on it, left clicking, drag and droping, stomping on it, tosing it at the wall... hell i even tried to use my lightsaber to cut to box open. It's still closed shut.

My question is.... WTH am i soposed to do with it?

AT level 30 when i got my legacy unlocked, it fave me some box. It said something to the effect it was for making legacy items.

I tried right clicking on it, left clicking, drag and droping, stomping on it, tosing it at the wall... hell i even tried to use my lightsaber to cut to box open. It's still closed shut.

My question is.... WTH am i soposed to do with it?

Send it to an alt, with that alt, take it to Coruscant/DK and turn it in for a weapon.

As a pleasant side note, I did confirm that unbound items can be sent to cross faction members of your legacy, so it's not all bad. I don't know if that is working as intended but I do believe so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.