"Access" Quest on Nar Shaddaa

Kinvarus

I sent this in to customer service who suggested I posted this here since it's not a bug per say but I feel that the drop rate for the Access Codes in this quest need to be looked at.

In the quest you need to get 3 access cards to continue the mission the Primary Access Code from a Chief Warden, a Security Access Code from a Security Warden and a Subsystem Access Code from a Subsystem Warden, which is all well and good.

The thing is I did this quest yesterday and got the Primary Code and the Security Code when I killed my first Chief and Secuirty Warden's, however when it came to the Subsystem Warden and his code, I had to fight and kill one of them 5 different times before the code dropped.

When I did the mission on another character it was the Security Warden I had to kill multiple times before his code dropped.

Now I understand random drops for regular items which is fair enough but when it comes to quest items surely they should be scripted to drop first time?

Drop rate on that quest sucks soooo much. I make sure when i level to not pick up that quest because it just takes too long to get all the drops. Before the patch you could not even abandon it, but they changed that thank god. I would like to be able to do it, but with the drop rate the way it is, no way am i even going to attempt it again.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey there!

So apparently it's not a case of bad drop rate at all.

I found out there is a system that works well for this quest.

It looks as though there is a sequence in which you suppose to find the access codes, and the sequence is as follows:

1. Primary Key - Drops from Chief Warden located exactly where the quest marker is shown.

2. Subsystem Key - Drops from Subsystem Wardens (I found mine at those coordinates: 2725,2839).

3. Security Key - Drops from Security Wardens (I found mine at those coordinates: 2683,3043).

IMPORTANT!! Only after you find the first key can you find the second and then the third.

Happy Hunting guys! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Hey there!

So apparently it's not a case of bad drop rate at all.

I found out there is a system that works well for this quest.

It looks as though there is a sequence in which you suppose to find the access codes, and the sequence is as follows:

1. Primary Key - Drops from Chief Warden located exactly where the quest marker is shown.

2. Subsystem Key - Drops from Subsystem Wardens (I found mine at those coordinates: 2725,2839).

3. Security Key - Drops from Security Wardens (I found mine at those coordinates: 2683,3043).

IMPORTANT!! Only after you find the first key can you find the second and then the third.

Happy Hunting guys! :)

THANK YOU! Excellent information Idoraz and it worked! This is the key....I hope a lot of people read this post!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...