Instant TM ?

Hvostik

insta cast would = cd and would mean that our buffs would have to be redone considering they are on a 15 sec timer which is the typical length of a cd. im all for it but they would have to give us a "deadly saber" type of ability to spread buff stacking around

insta cast would = cd and would mean that our buffs would have to be redone considering they are on a 15 sec timer which is the typical length of a cd. im all for it but they would have to give us a "deadly saber" type of ability to spread buff stacking around

cast time 1.5 (specced) Global cooldown time 1.5

same difference except cast on the fly... i think that is what he refers, and oh btw we would be totally OP

You know, when I first read that I laughed. I thought it was silly. Now that I think about it though, it would probably be the only change that can be made to mercs (aside from a reliable snare/root) that can fix Merc pvp.

1.5s GCD would stay in line with 1.5s cast time on Tracer. Directly, there is no dps gained from that change, indirectly there is because it would make mercs immune to tracer interrupts.

It would keep the same heat gen, since the 1.5s GCD would cover the 1.5s cast time.

The major pro I see here is the ability to actually MOVE in pvp. How glorious does that sound?

In conclusion:

Pros:

No more interrupted Tracer causing us to become a gimp in pvp

Same heat generation, no loss or gain of heat gen.

No more direct damage than is current. 1.5s GCD makes up for 1.5s Cast time. (Same Dps)

mercs will actually be able to move and be able to dps while running from melee

A lot less LoS issues which is just god awfully annoying.

Cons:

A lot more QQ will be targeted at Mercs because they'll no longer be a free kill.

Learn to cast and kite. I rolled Arsenal to cast, not to be a frost mage. Auto-tracking while casting is completely IMBA against melee it's stupid. Any Arsenal Merc who can't kite with auto-tracking should reroll a Sorcerer. Edited by fujeo-finel

Learn to cast and kite. I rolled Arsenal to cast, not to be a frost mage. Auto-tracking while casting is completely IMBA against melee it's stupid. Any Arsenal Merc who can't kite with auto-tracking should reroll a Sorcerer.

And how would you go about kiting an Assassin/Marauder/Powertech/Op on flat ground? Use your....snare...?

You get good.

Oh ok. I forgot about that part. I'm sure you do amazing against those on your merc.

You are my favorite type of person when it comes to MMO forums. The token "you're just a bad lol L2P" and offering absolutely no constructive criticism/advice.

Edited by Enkaizu

You're all under the assumption that once a melee gets into melee range, you're dead, and so you need to keep out of melee range the entire fight. Well here's some constructive feedback for you. Your priority shouldn't be to keep range on your target, it should be making yourself openings for casting when they are in melee range. Auto-tracking makes this stupidly easy, and it's why I want it removed from the game. Edited by fujeo-finel

You're all under the assumption that once a melee gets into melee range, you're dead, and so you need to keep out of melee range the entire fight. Well here's some constructive feedback for you. You're priority shouldn't be to keep range on your target, it should be making yourself openings for casting when they are in melee range. Auto-tracking makes this stupidly easy, and it's why I want it removed from the game.

This. 100%. Arsenal Mercs start panicking when I get into melee range and already have given up, or switch to a different target in hopes of getting a kill before I kill them. The trick is to keep us guessing, and keep our interrupt on cooldown. A lot of dps in hopes of killing you will wait for that TM cast and interrupt it. Congrats, you're locked out for 4 seconds on your primary ability. Inc pain train. Bye bye, Arse Merc.

You can't counter an interrupt on your primary ability. Sure you can stun, kb, but if you made the mistake once, changes are you're gonna do it again. And if you don't have enough armor debuff on your target or enough Tracer Locks stacked, your follow ups hit like a wet noodle.

Try getting someone to interrupt your Power Shot next time your in a melee skirmish, or Unload, hell even Fusion Missile. You need to push that interrupt if you have any hope of burning down a melee with your main arsenal of abilities.

You're all under the assumption that once a melee gets into melee range, you're dead, and so you need to keep out of melee range the entire fight. Well here's some constructive feedback for you. You're priority shouldn't be to keep range on your target, it should be making yourself openings for casting when they are in melee range. Auto-tracking makes this stupidly easy, and it's why I want it removed from the game.

Lesser of evils, turning off auto-tracking would make any dps not casting an instant completely useless in pvp

the mechanic of this game is once you do not have LOS the cast is ENDED, so i cast you run through me and it ends, I cannot turn around while the cast goes on and get back in LOS, i have to start over the cast again... so melee just needs to run forward and backward 3M at a time to completely eliminate any chaneled/cast dps

you obviously have no clue as to the mechanics of ranged and should really not speak in a ranged class forum unless you WANT to look like a tool

THat would make arsenal much more fun then it is now. That's for sure.

I rerolled to pyro some time ago and it's so much more fun then arsenal with all the mobility :)

Amen.

Suffered thru 71 ranks in pvp getting anything I cast rofl stomped back in my face along with 1-2 melees glued to it.

With all the gap closers and interrupts it's fairly hard to actually get off enough damage to be a threat unless you're being babysitted by a tank and healer.

Lesser of evils, turning off auto-tracking would make any dps not casting an instant completely useless in pvp

the mechanic of this game is once you do not have LOS the cast is ENDED, so i cast you run through me and it ends, I cannot turn around while the cast goes on and get back in LOS, i have to start over the cast again... so melee just needs to run forward and backward 3M at a time to completely eliminate any chaneled/cast dps

you obviously have no clue as to the mechanics of ranged and should really not speak in a ranged class forum unless you WANT to look like a tool

You're forgetting that range can move to. If you're casting like a turret with a melee on you you're doing it wrong.

You're forgetting that range can move to. If you're casting like a turret with a melee on you you're doing it wrong.

you cannot move when chaneling or casting...

auto tracking ONLY WORKS WHEN CHANNELING OR CASTING

again you show your ignorance of the mechanics

kthxbye

Edited by Yazule

Even with fake casting a Power Shot in order to force the interrupt (which I've done) doesn't change much. And having Unload get stopped is losing out on our biggest damage attack.

The whole spec is completely designed around Tracer Missile and most players know this and if they miss the interrupt they stun it and interrupt the next one when it's back up. It's a vicious cycle of stopping Tracer and it's quite easy to do so.

you cannot move when chaneling or casting...

auto tracking ONLY WORKS WHEN CHANNELING OR CASTING

again you show your ignorance of the mechanics

kthxbye

You really don't see it do you? Should I explain what you're missing or should I just let you carry on being bad?