Finally some OPEN-WORLD

geezy

This was not meant to be a PvP event. If it was they would have flagged all of Dune Sea as a PvP area.

Dont quite know if you understood what i meant, but I wasn't in any way saying that it was a PvP event. Rather that it created situations in which open-world PvP happened (on PvP servers).

Agreed. PvE events in areas open to both factions is a great way to start open world PvP :) And nobody on a PvP server should have a problem with it really..

^^ +1

Well said. I play on a PVE server since I like to choose when to PVP but was getting some fun action even there, during the event, when I wanted to :D. It's hard to get "accidentally" flagged unless you're mindlessly aoe'ing, anyway. I am hoping we see some RVR zones in a few months or a bit later... would be good times! I have to admit, this is one of the few times I almost wished I had gone on a PVP server... :).

I find playing on a PvP server more "realistic" as we are now at war and enemy players should be seen as such.

On RvR, i would love to see it although the engine etc needs way more optimizing to allow masses of players with visible abilities etc in a battle. Right now that would become 0.00000001 FPS. lol

Edited by geezy

Dont quite know if you understood what i meant, but I wasn't in any way saying that it was a PvP event. Rather that it created situations in which open-world PvP happened (on PvP servers).

^^ +1

and you got rewards for that pvp? like valor and coms?

im hoping you did because open world pvp will never become big without rewards

if i can chose between 15 mins of guaranteed(almost now) rewards in a WZ or possibly hours to get a good fight open world with no rewards, guess what ill chose every single time

Edited by donlep

the game took so much damage from the warzone changes where these NEW & GOOD pvpve content just disappeared in the ocean of hate against the new warzone,class and gear changes.

i have said it in the past . it needs real talent to turn a celebration to funeral !!!

if i can chose between 15 mins of guaranteed(almost now) rewards in a WZ or possibly hours to get a good fight open world with no rewards, guess what ill chose every single time

Really? You need to be rewarded to PvP. What a joke.

The only thing you get atm is credit on "Player Kills" under your PvP tab. The Fun factor last night was better than ANY PvP I've ever had. I normally WZ 24/7 while online, but last night spent over 5 hours in my guild Ops group taking down World Bosses and fighting with Imps over them etc. Best 5 Hours of gameplay so far.

Fun PvP > rewards.

Edited by geezy

I agree, this was pretty awesome. We need more events like this.

Now we need outposts of each other's factions we'd be able to take down during certain times on planets where each faction can go.

It'd be a daily area quest like this one. One day it'd be the imps turn to defend, the other the Rebs.

Just wanted to add my thanks to the list.

All we need to have open world PvP is overlapping quests/quests areas with the opposite faction.

We don"t need a special zone (Ilum) devoted to "open-world pvp."

Just give us a reason to be somewhere at the same time (non-related to PVP) and let it happen naturally in the PvE environment. This worked perfectly today in Tatooine.

Thanks Bioware :)

I agree, this was pretty awesome. We need more events like this.

Now we need outposts of each other's factions we'd be able to take down during certain times on planets where each faction can go.

It'd be a daily area quest like this one. One day it'd be the imps turn to defend, the other the Rebs.

I heard some guys took out the enemy base in Dune Sea( I know its not the same). So I guess that could be interesting. Havent done it myself, but will try tonight with guildies.

There is so much potential with the events team.

P.S I just hope they dont go too overboard with this rakghoul thing. I clocked Left 4 Dead =P

This was not meant to be a PvP event. If it was they would have flagged all of Dune Sea as a PvP area.

That's exactly what made it so awesome for PvP!

The Devs tried to create an artificial environment with Ilum as a world PvP zone...

What many world Pvpers really want, though, is to end up fighting each other naturally as they go about their quests/exploring/etc.

So yes, you're right - the event was intended to be PvE I'm sure... but since Republic and Imperials finally had overlapping quest areas for a change, PvP was ripe for happening :)

wait....what? what are you guys talking about?

Have you logged into the Fleetship lately?

There's announcements going on the fleet ships explaining a Rakghoul breakout on Tatooine. There are quests there now with a lot of story, as well as potential for PvP due to the areas where the quests are.

If you haven't heard it on the fleet maybe you have your sound turned off?

wait....what? what are you guys talking about?

Lol. have you been online in the past 24hours?

The first world event happened on tatooine. A rakghoul outbreak with new daily missions, infected World bosses and insane PvP if you're on a PvP server as it was both for pubs and imps.

Go check it out now. theres a news terminal on the fleet and area quests in Dune sea and Jundland