Is this a Korean MMO? Gearing your characters post 1.2

TheEvilEeyore

I am not sure whether or not Bioware is monitoring these forums but i really hope they are. This is to an informative post to see what new players are facing post 1.2 in terms of pvp gearing. There is already plenty of other posts mention how out of balance geared vs ungeared players are and how hard it is to get com's as a losing team so i will just mention how i do my math up front. If we assume you win 100% of your matches and you perform average to well, then you can get about 100-120 com's every match. I think now is a good time to mention that there are lots of servers out there that certain factions struggle to get 40 com's a round.

So lets look at a fresh lvl 50 you can buy a full set of recruit gear to get you started.

Chest ------- 31,700 credits

Legs -------- 31,700 credits

Feet --------- 26,200 credits

Gloves ------ 26,200 credits

Head -------- 31,700 credits

Implantx2 -- 34,000 credits

ear ---------- 17,000 credits

belt - --------20,500 credits

bracer ------ 20,500 credits

weapon ----- 38,600 credits

offhand ----- 19,300 credits

297,400 is not a lot of credits to most of us. but to a fresh 50? that is a good chunk.

Next is battlemaster gear, and this is where the grindfest begins.

Chest -------- 1425 Coms

Legs ---------- 975 Coms

Feet ---------- 875 Coms

Gloves ------- 875 Coms

Head --------- 1075 Coms

Implantx2 --- 625 Coms

ear ----------- 625 Coms

belt ----------- 625 Coms

bracer -------- 550 Coms

weapon ------- 1550 Coms

offhand ------- 1550 Coms

Total of 11,375 coms or 113.75 warzones. If we assume an average of 20 minutes a warzone, i know it is a bit high, then that is 37.91 hours of in warzone time. not that bad for a high population server. but during a weekday my server is lucky to get a pop every 30 minutes, and it sometimes takes several hours if its not between 6-9pm. After that time frame there is no pvp. so even if i am on every day and queue all day long i am lucky to get in 12-15 warzones, because of the population on my server. over a week of constant grinding to get that BM set.. i know its better than what it was. But we are just getting started with teh grind. You can account for the daily 99 com's and the one weekly 99 coms. that gives you 800 of your almost 12000. still numbers are pretty close. Remember all these numbers are assuming you win 100% of matches.

War hero time NON rated set. Rcoms is short for Ranked commendations

Chest -------- BM chest +3200 Rcoms

Legs ---------- BM legs + 2225 Rcoms

Feet ---------- BM boots + 2000 Rcoms

Gloves ------- BM gloves + 2000 Rcoms

Head --------- BM head +2425 Rcoms

Implantx2 --- (1425 Rcoms + 200 Ncoms) X2

ear ----------- 1425 Rcoms + 200 Ncoms

belt ----------- BM Belt + 1425 Rcoms

bracer -------- BM bracer +1250 Rcoms

weapon ------- BM weapon + 3475 Rcoms

offhand ------- BM offhnad + 3475 Rcoms

From Battle master to War Gero that is 25,750 Rated Coms, and 11,975 Ncom's.

if you power ground your BM com's as i mention in the section above in a one week time that means you got 792 Rcom's and 792 Ncom's from the weekly and dailies.

That brings us down to 24,958 Rcom's to go and no more Ncom's.

24,958/~100 Rcom's per Rated warzone is 249.58 WINNING warzones. you can assumes losses are a little over double that.

At 20 minutes per warzone that is 83.193 winning hours or 149.74 hours losing warzones (assuming the current 40-60% lower rewards). now as mentioned above my server is lucky to get between 3-5 warzones to pop on a weeknight. if we go straight by wins.. thats 5 wins a day for 50 days. Given that in most Ranked settings queue times are significantly higher getting 5 wins could be a 4+ hour investment every day for 50 days.

Not sure how most of the population is but i have a job, family, friends as well as an avid gamer. i love to play video games but i am not a teenager anymore and i would wager most of the population playing this game aren't teenagers. that amount of time to get the next tier of gear is just silly.

I think it is important to remember that we are assuming 100% wins for all these calculations so you could probably multiply them all 1.75 to get a more accurate number because no one i know wins 100% of their matches esp not in ranked games.

Anyways i was just doing the math and found this all really astounding.

Very good post :) hopefully someone from Bioware will see reason before it is too late.

I would rather worry about another players tactics causing me to lose instead of "that guys armor has 100 expertise and mine only has 50" like it is now. Right now its more like the card game WAR and a new lvl 50 is a Jack. It doesn't take much skill to lay that card down face up but when you have a deck full of kings against anything less....skill?

The people that want it to become a grindfest at end game do not want challenging pvp. They want to faceroll weaker opponents and they are the kind of people that will single out fresh 50s to increase their KBs.

Those number look like a easy grind BUT:

i guess u used a reward of 100 comms each WZ u do, assuming u are winning ALL of your battles.

Yesterday: 8 WZ =40 comms (4 heal 4 dps spec sage) -0 - wins so no dailys done.

I am a PUG player. I got friends to group with but they are so happy about the changes as i am.

If that keeps going that way ill never get anything better as my Champ set.

Posted by a Casual gamer, Feel free to laugh and flame :rolleyes:

The grind for BM gear is nothin it use to be. Even just last week when we could buy a BM comm for 1k/1k. I went almost 3 weeks with no drop from the weekly/ daily pvp quests. I'm almost. Valor 70(69.5) and I had some guildmate that got all BM gear by valor 63.

BM prices are fine( should maybe be higher?)

WH prices were set with the idea we'd be doing rated wzs and have a stead stream of rated comms. Not the case right now and so the prices are crazy. Like 6600 regular comms plus the BM peice. But trust me you don't want the hardcore guys getting it soon. It has a huge stat advantage over BM gear.

Edited by Dacer

you ever play aion?

the grind isnt too bad in this game, sometimes are supposed to take time, play regular and re evaluate in 2-3 months, youll be suprised at your progress.

seems a chronic lack of long term thinking from many on this subject.

Was just thinking that. <_<

Just went back to there, think I've done more grinding from 1-35 on the new server then I did period in TOR.