Remove the rakghoul plague now

I just heard some people are going to the starter planets to infect newbies lol..... gonna suck if your a new player and you can't figure out why your exploding lol

Bioware created a great griefing mechanic for the game.....

Edited by Monoth

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I ask BW to do is limit this event OUTSIDE of WZ's, FP's and OP's.

I personally think this was a brilliant idea of BW. Just exempt the debuff whilst players do WZ's, FP's and OP's. You've flagged it enough on FleetShips. Most players know what's going on.

YES.. it's a 50 event quest. But obviously anyone can join in in the "Exploding drama!" LOL

Hat's off to you BW. AWESOME WORK :)

Edited by DarthHoob

With that logic, someone killing the same mobs I need for a quest is griefing me because they are costing me time and money by slowing down my questing.
if you're intentionally killing the mobs that someone is trying to kill for a quest, say: tagging them right before they engage... that is indeed griefing. I've seen someone get suspended for doing that in another game, in fact.

if you're talking about people competing over resources: not griefing. They aren't costing you money (it doesn't force you to buy something to prevent them from competing with you). It doesn't cost you time either, since at no point are you forced to wait to respawn.

No, right now it would just take logging in. I'd be infected before I was able to leave the fleet and head to belsavis (where I normally solo the heroic 2 and 4s along with some of the rest of the dailies)

Maybe you shouldn't log out in a spot where otehrs can get to you. Did you used to complain about the Party bombs as well?

Maybe you shouldn't log out in a spot where otehrs can get to you.
Why should I log out somewhere else?

Did you used to complain about the Party bombs as well?
No...but are you really comparing this to an item that bioware basically removed from the game?

The fact that people are intentionally going to starter planets to infect new players should be all the evidence anyone needs that this is an awful idea. If someone still supports the way this works given this, I think it makes it pretty clear that he doesn't actually respect other players experiences the way many are claiming they do.

At the very least, everyone deserves a chance to learn the ropes of the game without special content confusing them.

This shows a little bit of a flaw in Bioware's design theory and methods, at least for this event.

The debuff shouldn't infect anyone who is too low level to go to Tatooine.

Forcibly disrupting some ones play time is a bad move on Bioware's part, especially if they do it to new players.

Nice to see how TOR fans are a group of insufferable ***** at times like yourself...

Sure its interesting but its not *********** RP when someone just infects you lol's and runs off...thats not RP

Actually it is, if their character is trying to RP like Typhoid Mary..

if you're intentionally killing the mobs that someone is trying to kill for a quest, say: tagging them right before they engage... that is indeed griefing. I've seen someone get suspended for doing that in another game, in fact.

if you're talking about people competing over resources: not griefing. They aren't costing you money (it doesn't force you to buy something to prevent them from competing with you). It doesn't cost you time either, since at no point are you forced to wait to respawn.

Nope, I don't care if you needed those resources for yourself. You just cost me time and money by beating me to them. Griefer. I am no forced to find them somewhere else, but I don't want to.

If I'm infecting you, I'm doing what the quest tells me to do. That is not griefing. You don't get to call game mechanics you don't like griefing if it's intended by the devs. If you can, then I can.

Hey, if they want to sit there in Fleet playing pass the space herpes, be my guest. Plenty of dailies you can do instead for more than 5 samples/20+ minutes.

Long as it's not causing anyone any harm, which sitting there randomly exploding from plague really doesn't do.

Oe you have done your dailies you end up doing what most did go afk in the pile and tab back in and out from time to time. I really hope some kid is showing his parents this game on his weekend or 7 day pass only to walk by a group of 100 or so naked toons huddled together.

Sure I can. It's grieifng. You're costing them money (or time, or forcing them to avoid an area) by your actions as a player. Clearly that's grieifing.

It's not griefing when the game mechanics not only encourage it, but a quest tells you to do it.

That be like saying killing players in EvE is griefing.:rolleyes:

It's not griefing when the game mechanics not only encourage it, but a quest tells you to do it.

That be like saying killing players in EvE is griefing.:rolleyes:

Yes it is. An oversight in the design by BW doesn't make it griefing any less. They've created the mechanic, yes, but that mechanic makes it impossible for many people to enjoy the game. It was something they ought to have thought through better.

OP reminds me of the guy down the street that hands out bible verses to the kids who ring his doorbell on Halloween. ROFLOL!

Don't get me wrong... it's not that there is anything wrong with bible verses... but some people will ALWAYS try to spoil the fun for everyone else just because they have no sense of humor or how to just enjoy life's most entertaining moments.

Strict, rigid, unimaginative people who take things WAY too seriously miss out on everything that is good about life.

Everyone should stop and smell the roses once in a while. Or... alternatively... get infected by Rakghouls. :p

Edited by Musezy

This event does really make the dead servers being compaired to I am Legend that much better. Having ppl write out

My name is Robert Neville. I am a survivor living in New York City. I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. I will be at the South Street Seaport everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky. If you are out there... if anyone is out there... I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security. If there's anybody out there... anybody... please. You are not alone.

in /general chat made this event worth it all by itself.

Nope, I don't care if you needed those resources for yourself. You just cost me time and money by beating me to them.
Out of curiousity, what item were you forced to buy to prevent me from competing with you for those spawns? How many seconds were you forced to wait, unable to move or play the game in any way as a result of the competition over spawns?

If I'm infecting you, I'm doing what the quest tells me to do. That is not griefing.
It is indeed griefing, even if it's game encouraged grieifing.

The people who aren't happy about the mechanics of the event are pretty specifically asking bioware to remove the game encouraged griefing part.

Edited by ferroz

Out of curiousity, what item were you forced to buy to prevent me from competing with you for those spawns? How many seconds were you forced to wait, unable to move or play the game in any way as a result of the competition over spawns?

It is griefing, even if it's game encouraged grieifing.

the people who aren't happy about the mechanics of the event are pretty specifically asking bioware to remove the game encouraged griefing part.

Your costing me time by forcing me to find another node, and your costing me money cause now that's one less node for me to sell on the GTN. It's very inconvenient for me.

I've heard people argue that beating someone to a node is griefing, and that if someone is closer to a node than you, you have to wait and see if they use it before you can go get it. You remind me of those people.

Edited by Erimi

If your not a 50 I can understand why you would be annoyed at this. But even so, just doing this OMG I'M INFECTED! quest. Does it really matter? Sell your tokens!

Quit whining. BW have added a great LIVE EVENT. I Personally love it.

God forbid they add Live Event quest givers ALA EQ2. You'd all make them /ragequit.

EVENTS ARE COOL.

I don't get MMO players these days. Complain it's all boring. Then something unexpected happens, COMPLAIN LOUDER!!!

Seriously, What the Hell?

well here is a few scary thoughts, wonder what kind of event if any they have setup for Halloween(yes I know its early)? I know in some story lines there have been "zombies" more of them on other planets?

Force ghosts?

how about co-op planet where we have to seal a Rift?

just a few thoughts

Your costing me time by forcing me to find another node,
So, you're talking apples to oranges with the plague, since in your example you are not ever prevented from moving or playing the game even for a second, while the plague can be several seconds (or an even more significant cost of time in a pvp match)

and your costing me money cause now that's one less node for me to sell on the GTN.
No, that's also apples to oranges with the plague event. In the plague event you have to actually spend credits on an item to prevent people from being able to grief you. This isn't the case in your example. Edited by ferroz

If your not a 50 I can understand why you would be annoyed at this. But even so, just doing this OMG I'M INFECTED! quest. Does it really matter? Sell your tokens!

Quit whining. BW have added a great LIVE EVENT. I Personally love it.

God forbid they add Live Event quest givers ALA EQ2. You'd all make them /ragequit.

EVENTS ARE COOL.

I don't get MMO players these days. Complain it's all boring. Then something unexpected happens, COMPLAIN LOUDER!!!

Seriously, What the Hell?

Don't make the mistake of thinking its the same people. I see this a lot on forums. The people complaining now are probably not the same people that were complaining then.

The reasons forums are always full of complaints is because Group A and Group B always want something that is at odds with each other. Whenever one group is happy, the other is going to be complaining. The playerbase may seem like they are never happy, but it makes sense when you think about it.

Your costing me time by forcing me to find another node, and your costing me money cause now that's one less node for me to sell on the GTN. It's very inconvenient for me.

I've heard people argue that beating someone to a node is griefing, and that if someone is closer to a node than you, you have to wait and see if they use it before you can go get it. You remind me of those people.

Griefing is intentional "ruining the fun", by borderline harassment.

Competing for mobs and resources is NOT griefing. It`s competition.

Ultimately you lost time because you were weaker.

Even if I WOULD grief you and steal all your mobs. I apply common MMO courtesy and assume you get rights because I`m just THAT nice. Reality states you don`t own anything you can`t forcibly take from me.