Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Feedback on build: 6/7/28

GenGunner

Here is a build that I made that focuses on making Rail Shot and Flame Burst stronger, instead of going all the way up the Pyrotech tree.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Powertech#62i-232-32ikdc2if

I mainly use Flame Burst and Rail Shot, so I thought that this would be best.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by GenGunner

Here is a build that I made that focuses on making Rail Shot and Flame Burst stronger, instead of going all the way up the Pyrotech tree.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Powertech#62i-232-32ikdc2if

I mainly use Flame Burst and Rail Shot, so I thought that this would be best.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I don't understand why you would take 6% Flame burst, instead of 6% Aim which buffs all your abilities.

For PvE a Non-TD build actually works fairly well (least from my parses). For PvP though not being able to get Rail Shots Consecutively, I'd feel a lot weaker WITHOUT TD. (On another note, i swear it's critting a lot more lately for some reason.)

I didn't think of it like that. So I looked at the build that you posted in your sig, and you think that getting Thermal Detonator is better than getting more Aim, because Rail Shot doesn't proc as much?

In PvP that's what I currently feel since patch to keep potential burst constantly high. (For the same Heat a Flame Burst Crit + CGC is still around 2K Less than a TD Crit)

Edited by exphryl

The appeal of TD in pvp is that even with PPA nerf, your initial attacks with an off-CD RS can be followed by an immediate proc.

as such, burst rotation becomes:

Thermal Detonator @ range -> flame burst(to apply CGC for RS venting, DoT), -> Railshot -> Rocket Punch (if lucky proc) -> Railshot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.