carnage or annihilation spec for pvp 1.2?

TwistedTony

last night i was carnage going int a HM EV and then specced out of it to anni. I think anni is better for PVE and if you dont have a healer to pvp with I think its ideal, but Carnage is a mucvh more viable build overall now. If I have a healer to pvp with, I wreck with carnage. Carnage just doesnt have the survivability like Anni does but the burst is phenomenal.

To me it feels like it comes down to personal preference more than anything. Both builds are viable now.

Carnage is the best in PvP right now. I'll have to run raids in both specs then look at the numbers to know which is best in PvE.

I think what you meant to say is that the 1.2 changes were effective and now all 3 specs are actually viable. Any of the 3 can be used successfully, and optimal performance is going to come out of whichever best matches your play style, rather than a single dominant spec that is always the right choice.

I, for one, see much better results in both PVP (and PVE) with Annihilation spec, but I've seen others have similar luck with Carnage and Rage.

Edited by Omophorus

I was carnage for pvp in the first week of 1.2

It was fun..decent dmg and the predation buff.

Switched back to annihlation and the damage + survivability still reigns king.

As much as I hate to say it...we are in the same spot as we were prior to 1.2 Annihilation is king for PVE and PVP., rage is fun for the lulz.

If they ever get around to implementing ranked wz I'll go back to carnage as the speed buff outweighs everything in a high level group game..but until then I see no reason to spec carnage except for a change of pace.

I'm annihilation build, tried carnage and didn't work to well. A lot of people have said the same though, Carnage rocks IF you can guarantee a healer on your team backing you up, if not ani is still the better choice for both damage and defense.

I still prefer anni in PVP, I don't have problems with burst either

Yup.

You can go carnage until you get into a 1v1 against a anni marauder and they wipe the floor with ya.

Anni still has great burst and overall damage for pugging the grindfest that wzs are now.

However during rated, I will be carnage. 80% run speed is the best combat buff in the game with an organized team.