Image Design Campaign!!!

Azuil

The closer I look at other characters on the fleet, the more I want to fix them. Some with just a minor tweak, but others with a major overhaul. Thus the dilemma of a former Image Designer.

I have been probably overly concerned with how my toons looked over the years. The reason is because they are a representation of me. My likes, my style, my attitude, &c. I remember spending a good 3 hours designing my first toon in my first MMO. When I joined SWG, I did the same, perfecting my look. And I immediately took to Image Design as a profession.

I practiced my art and levelling up on my guildies in their downtime. I have created some amazing looks over the years, from a moncal that looked like a popeyed goldfish to near-perfect look-alikes of my friends' toons. My work with a slider was stellar.

In other games between then and now, I have had no trouble expressing the character of my toons. Warhammer, APB, and STO were all amazing with the level of customization. APB especially! But I was sorely disappointed when I got to the creation page in this game. I did still spend 3 hours designing my toon, but that was because it was so hard to come up with something creative with so little choices.

I was lamenting this the other day, and a guildie suggested I do something about it. After a bit of thinking, I decided to start a Tumblr. The subject is look-alikes created with the SWTOR character creation tool. It can be of a famous person, yourself, a friend, or some random person. It doesn't matter as long as there's a distinct resemblance.

The purpose is to show what can currently be done with the tool so that the developers may get a sense of the creativity of the community. Maybe they'll realize how much more creative we would be if we had more options, or better yet - sliders!

I welcome everyone to participate in creating posts. You can submit them here. I already have a few submissions up resembling Mick Jagger, John Candy, Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion), Scarlett Johannson, and Whitney Houston. I tried to make a Nicki Minaj, but the tool was too limiting. Please feel free to post, and above all HAVE FUN AND BE CREATIVE!!!

TL;DR: Post Your SWTOR Look-Alikes HERE!!!!!

Or something to that effect. I can't help but notice that while all the companions have "jobs", the main is a lazy bum that does what s/he wants. I'm sure there are other similar skills that can be developed for the main. Call them "Hobbies" or something. This game lacks content creation. People want something to do in their downtime. I'm just adding my personal agenda to the idea pool. :jawa_biggrin: