Remember Beta, friends?

GhostDrone

When everyone complained how Marauders were absolutely useless DPS and should be completely reworked...

Those were the days... Now look at you, one of the best DPS classes.

Just thought i'd share this memory with you guys.

How classes change and advance. Every class in every MMO has a point in its "life" when it is underpowered, overpowered and then finally; balanced.

When everyone complained how Marauders were absolutely useless DPS and should be completely reworked...

Those were the days... Now look at you, one of the best DPS classes.

Just thought i'd share this memory with you guys.

How classes change and advance. Every class in every MMO has a point in its "life" when it is underpowered, overpowered and then finally; balanced.

if by beta you mean september beta weekends ... then i say, people are stupid, marauders were fine

if by beta you mean, pre-september weekends closed beta ... then, i really dont know cause i wasnt there

bottom line ... marauders have been top notch dps since launch, most people are just bad and couldnt figure it out til recently

Same thing happened with WoW warriors in vanilla and EVERY single expansion pack. Everyone said warriors were bad, got kited, did piss poor damage, boring, etc... but as the expansion moved along warriors scaled so much better than any other class--they always topped damage at the end of an expansion cycle.

Yes. I remember how people said that Sith Warriors in general were "Lackluster and easily the worst class in the game." Funny how that turned out.

Lackluster and the worst class in the game, but only if you're utterly horrible at said game.

I love how people haven't noticed the complete lack of Marauder changes from December to the end of March. Then when we get 15% damage boost to Ravage and quality of life changes on utility abilities, we're suddenly the god of SWTOR.

I love all the FOTM Marauders who have rerolled and are playing warzones in full Recruit gear. When they are on my team, I do my best to not rage and grind me teeth. When they are on the other team, I go out of my way to completely and utterly humiliate them in every possible way.

Scrubs, go back to your Sorcs. You can tell they've shelved their Sorc when they mash UR at full HP to Pred through 1 fire trap.

Edited by Angelfeeties

In the early betas, well before the weekends it actually was crazy overpowered... theres a lot of stuff that was cut out of the class over time. So it went from holy crap broken down to just awesome. But the awesome was concealed by a thin layer of "gear up" and a crunchy "l2p" shell so it took a little while for a lot of people to see how awesome it was.

if by beta you mean september beta weekends ... then i say, people are stupid, marauders were fine

if by beta you mean, pre-september weekends closed beta ... then, i really dont know cause i wasnt there

bottom line ... marauders have been top notch dps since launch, most people are just bad and couldnt figure it out til recently

Pre-september, for sure. Way back in July/August 2011, i remember when i got into full time testing; people did nothing but whine about the Marauder.

In the early betas, well before the weekends it actually was crazy overpowered... theres a lot of stuff that was cut out of the class over time. So it went from holy crap broken down to just awesome. But the awesome was concealed by a thin layer of "gear up" and a crunchy "l2p" shell so it took a little while for a lot of people to see how awesome it was.

what was cut out?