Legacy species/races question

PacificaSolaria

Which is true. But what is also true is that it was overtly stated at the guild summit that one would be able to mix and match said features. Look for and watch the 40 minute presentation on the legacy system specifically. It's interesting in its entirety, but it does include a direct reference to being able to mix and match Republic and Imperial features.
I know what you're saying, but they never stated we'd be able to mix features belonging to separate species and, whether you care for it or not, there are two separate Zabrak species in this game. The system is working as the developers promised on that front.

I know what you're saying, but they never stated we'd be able to mix features belonging to separate species and, whether you care for it or not, there are two separate Zabrak species in this game. The system is working as the developers promised on that front.

They specifically stated that you'd be able to use Imperial Zabrak tattooes on Republic Zabrak.

And you cannot.

I'm not making a judgement on this fact. Merely stating what was stated versus reality.

End of story.

Assuming your word is what Bioware meant, not only is that misleading, it's still not working as intended. If it was we'd have access to all the options on the 2nd Zabrak species when you pick the legacy option as a Repub.
I don't know if I'd call it misleading; the game's defined the two species of Zabrak desperately since the game launched. Before launch, even. A misunderstanding on the part of those community members unaware of the difference, but hardly misleading.

I'm still not sure some of the options are missing. I'd need to see images or be able to check myself to do that. In addition to the lighting, have you accounted for complexion? That can have a huge effect on skin tone when you're trying to match something perfectly.

I don't know if I'd call it misleading; the game's defined the two species of Zabrak desperately since the game launched. Before launch, even. A misunderstanding on the part of those community members unaware of the difference, but hardly misleading.

I'm still not sure some of the options are missing. I'd need to see images or be able to check myself to do that. In addition to the lighting, have you accounted for complexion? That can have a huge effect on skin tone when you're trying to match something perfectly.

Watch

. We understand that you are stating that the game treats them as two separate species. You need to understand that it was stated overtly that features of one (Imperial) would be able to be applied to another (Republic). That also carries certain implications, but I won't go in to them. You cannot do what was stated.

They specifically stated that you'd be able to use Imperial Zabrak tattooes on Republic Zabrak.

And you cannot.

I'm not making a judgement on this fact. Merely stating what was stated versus reality.

If I remember correctly, they didn't differentiate between species during the guild summit. They stated you can have Zabrak tattoos on a Republic character.

Lighting shouldn't make that much of a difference. I have the same complexion. It's not hard to match it's the only one that's lighter around the eyes than the rest of the face.

If I remember correctly, they didn't differentiate between species during the guild summit. They stated you can have Zabrak tattoos on a Republic character.

You do not remember correctly. (Likewise, you can already have Zabrak tattoos on a Republic character.:))

This is my character's sliders.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/64624550.jpg/

This is the same sliders using the Republic legacy options.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/76156354.jpg/

This is the closest I can get with the Republic legacy options.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/56944948.jpg/

You still think that's a difference in lights?

You still think that's a difference in lights?
Nope, I think your Warrior may be using a class option, not a species option. Or in this case, a religious option.

That particular skin tone is restricted to Sith even among the Imperial character classes. The selection of skin tones you have available reflects the general options available to Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents. Its exclusion may be a bug, or it might be intentional. Either way, using a bug report to identify the matter should be sufficient.

Edited by HeavensAgent

I am going to guess that this is a bug. There seem to be a few of them floating around that involve legacy unlocked character creation. For example, I unlocked Twi'lek last night. I was able to make a Twi'lek that had all available skin tones and markings on every class except Imperial Agents, which for some reason only had the original Empire/Sith Inquisitor colors and markings available for Twi'lek. (For the record, Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior had all colors, it was only missing from IA.)

It also seemed that IA Twi'leks were missing the scar selection bar entirely. So no worries, I'm sure that the missing skin tone is probably just an unfortunate bug as well. I would recommend reporting it if you haven't already. :) Hopefully it will be fixed sooner than later so you can make and play your character as you want to.

Thanks, it's good and bad to know they messed up legacy creation else where too. Perhaps this means they'll be more likely to fix it.

Can you try making a Zabrak of a different Republic class and see if they have that skin tone available? (If you haven't already.) It may be a specific class thing like with the Imperial Agents. Then again they may also just have forgotten to include that particular option in legacy characters in general.

After checking it's like HeavensAgent mentioned. It's only selectable for Sith (Warrior & Inquisitor). So a no go on Jedi, Smuggler, Troopers, Agents, and Bounty Hunters.

Also, another odd thing. It seems female Zabrak's on the Sith side now have the same VA as the human female sith (at least a char creation).

It's odd, b/c the main reason I picked female Zabrak was b/c her VA was different. :p

Edited by PacificaSolaria

Also, another odd thing. It seems female Zabrak's on the Sith side now have the same VA as the human female sith (at least a char creation).

It's odd, b/c the main reason I picked female Zabrak was b/c her VA was different. :p

Nothing new there. Each class/gender combination only has one voice available to them. All female Warriors, for example, share the same voice regardless of their species.

Not true, the female Warrior has/had 2 VAs, all the races had the same voice but Zabrak. It's literally why I picked that race.
You're mistaken. Every class only had two voice-overs done, one male and one female. Each voiceover cost a small fortune in addition to contributing considerably to the game files, so they intentionally limited it to this. The female Sith Warrior is voiced by Natasha Little. Edited by HeavensAgent

Different inflections, probably. Bioware revealed the voice credit for player classes some time ago. I've noticed several instances where the voice sounds a bit off as well, on various characters, but that's par for the course. As for the combination in question, I'm familiar with it; I ran alongside a female zabrak Juggy shortly after launch. The voice was the same as my human female.

Part of it is perception as well. I can often find myself standing beside another character of the same class as me in FPs and other group cutscenes, and even though we have the same voiceover I perceive differences that aren't truly there.

Edited by HeavensAgent