Level 20 custom saber vs Level 50 custom saber....no difference?

Aiden_Lalocyd

I have crafted both orange custom sabers with augment slots and i was wondering if there is a difference? both have base stats of 58 power and added with augments are exactly the same....is it better to sound the time on materials that cost less to make then to craft the high level sabers? Hoping for some info to contradict this.

It seems the only difference is that one can be equipped at level 20 and the other at level 50. So I guess that you could just as well make a ton of level 20's if you're aiming for one with an Augment slot as the material costs are a lot cheaper :p

The level restriction is for appearances, though I don't know if the two items you're talking about actually look different. Oranges this build not being able to be RE'd seems like a bug to me, as they used to be able to.

The level restriction is for appearances, though I don't know if the two items you're talking about actually look different. Oranges this build not being able to be RE'd seems like a bug to me, as they used to be able to.

Ya, it even says in the tooltip "Right lick for Reverse Engineering" and then i try and it says it cannot be REd.. eh. Bug I guess. I sersiously doubt I can sell these on the GTN for anything worthwhile.

The costs are not necessarily that different, assuming you are gathering the materials whilst fighting stuff, as you are better off gathering whilst doing other stuff, rather than making a special trip to a low level planet with poor rewards.

Im wondering if u guys think that maybe this is a bug or that bw completely screwed the pooch on this one? there should be more incentive for crafting level 50 sabers than level 20's obviously

It's entirely for appearance. They all have 58 force power base.

I'm only a 35 assassin, and I've been using the very first double-saber I got since level 10 and just upgraded mods, but yes there is no difference between x lvl and y lvl on the custom orange gear (outside of it being light/med/heavy etc, as it has an armor value)

Only thing I noticed when I used different sabers is the sound when you unsheathe the actual weapon. Some will be more high pitched (during attacks too) and some others will have more of a 'bass'y' sound to them. Not sure if this applies to other weapons like blasters. It could even be the type of crystal used in it, not really sure.

And of course they have different hilts, like a Dooku curve or whatnot.