10 Reason Why You Should Quit Your Operative

devroz

I have no idea how your playing an Operative, but Im having a *********** blast playing this class. You all must really suck playing it.

Fun and balance are not one in the same. All Mara's / sents dominating out there are having a ball (some got bored and have quit cause it was to easy mode also) but your comment is just stupid.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm level 14 and I have 3 stuns that I can use out of cover/stealth. Two are grenades and one is that move where you jam your vibroblade or whatever into their chest. Further, the flashbang can aoe stun multiple targets. I'm not entirely convinced that you know what you're talking about.

Yep here it is:

10. Tactical Advantage Laugh Removed: Seriously ***... im not even gonna start.

9. Infiltrate is Totally Useless: Tell me honestly how many times you've use it for something actually meaningful...

8. Stealth is Hardly Sneaky: Even with full Concealment buffs for stealth, there's always a good chance you're not going to get to your target before being knocked out of stealth. Sneak is super useful, and yet it's on a longer cooldown than a charge or sprint. Stealth is like wearing a white cloth over your head and screaming "I'm a ghost" if you are healing or lethality spec.

7. It Takes Forever To Get Out Of Combat: Stealth is our gimmick in this game, and its the only one we have. That being said Cloaking Screen has so much value in our arsenal and shouldn't be squandered because we've ran half way across the map and are still in combat.

6. Our Resource Is Not Effective: Energy blows in comparison to focus and force users who can endlessly waste and burst with no consequences. Even for healers, the curve for heals per energy in comparison to Sorcs and BH was lacking. I don't know how this fairs though in 1.2 because I haven't tried healing yet.

5. It's A Dying Class: Besides Smugglers, were the least played class according to he guild summit. Now we share that demographic with snipers, gunslingers, and scoundrels. How many of us are there really? and why hasn't BW done something to make this class attractive?

4. Lack of Utility: Our only gimmick is stealth and stuns, if we are concealment. Lethality and Healers generally does not rely on stealth to do their jobs so toss that one out. What you are left with is a bag of stuns, a 3 second dodge, and a very weak shield. No pulls, sprints, charges, knock backs, invulnerability, or out of stealth CCs. Our offensive and defensive abilities just don't match up.

3. Constantly Nerfed: I played Concealment in Beta and it pooped on kids. But since then, every major patch has effectively nerfed concealment damage for the soul purpose of Pvp problems. Bioware denies it, but I haven't found many happy with Concealment in 1.2 and they pay the bills.

2. Lethality < Concealment PvE: Technically 1.2 did buff our class with a slight increase to dps and a better rotation, thus making concealment good in PvE again. Unfortunately Lethality is still about 200 dps behind concealment despite it being better for AoE and multiple targets via dots.

1. Lethality > Concealment PvP: Lets face it Concealment is out. I had a full BM Operative who and I can't get my Hidden Strike to crit over 4k for the life of me anymore. I have to roid up if I even want to attempt somethings tricky. My lack of CC gives me little utility, which is something you need when fighting in melee, especially if you dont heal from dots and dmg. We're not bruiser, were not even tanky. The improved rotation, though useful, means nothing when you have to balance it constantly with multiple targets. Concealment is great point to point, but if you defray it over multiple targets you do nothing. With my burst gone, it was easy to pick the more attractive lethality.

10: - Yeah I was sad about that. So *********** what though? :confused:

9: Yes it is useless to stealth your group past mobs you don't want to fight. or stealth the defenders at a turret/door. Or stealth the attackers moving in on a turret. Yeah, useless.

8: Stealth works fine for me, and I am healing spec.

7: It takes about 8 seconds to get out of combat for all characters, assuming you have no dots ticking. IA is no different.

6: Energy Management requires thought. I appreciate that thinking about what you're doing isn't everyone's cup of tea though.

5: Dying class? So you should quit your Op because noone else plays it? Logical...

4: As someone who PVPs a lot, I don't have a problem with the utility/cc options available to me. Sleep Dart, Debilitate, Evasion, Shield, FB plus Cloaking Screen keep me alive just fine.

3: The Concealment line has been changed, and it was needed as we were overpowered in some respects. We have not been constantly nerfed though. Stop QQing and adapt.

2: Lethality for PVP - not tried this as yet, I enjoy the healing too much tbh. I realyl see it of much use unless you're playing Voidstar though. Chucking AoE dots would work there on clusters of defenders, but let's be fair, it's lazy mans "damage ePeen counter".

1: As a full healing spec Op, I can get Hidden Strike to crit for over 3k. When I am lucky enough to roll with a Concealment spec Operative, we fecking destroy people. Concealment opens, and rotates. I open and refrain from using CC to avoid filling the resovle bar. I heal. They die.

So to summarise, you haven't really put forward any justifiable reasons as to why I should quit my Operative. Thank you for you time.

Edited by QuiJonPed

I'm level 14 and I have 3 stuns that I can use out of cover/stealth. Two are grenades and one is that move where you jam your vibroblade or whatever into their chest. Further, the flashbang can aoe stun multiple targets. I'm not entirely convinced that you know what you're talking about.

1) Grenade only knockbacks on Standard or lower enemies. It does not effect players.

2) Flash Bang is a mez, and breaks on any damage, and fills up resolve rather fast. In PVP, Mez's are often times the worst choice of CC due to it being broken and capping off Resolve Bars.

3) Deliberate is a true stun, but other classes such as Assassins have a ranged variant that is just as potent.

Edited by KyoMamoru

So much crying on this forum, tends to be why I don't come here very often.

My guild is currently clearing the new content with me as a DPS operative, according to the parsers I am only ~5-6% behind the marauders in the guild. When I choose to PvP, I am normally up at the top of the damage meters for the warzone, and have no issues bursting anyone down. This is with full recruit gear + BM chest and Rakata Weapons.

We have no issues clearing content because of enrage timers, at this point it is just coming down to learning new mechanics.

Stealth being a gimmick? Sorry, but I don't see it as such, you can turn invisible...The fact that it won't let you re-stealth as quickly as when you were playing your Rogue on WoW is annoying, but its tolerable. Your burst damage is still very high, especially if you are attacking the right target, like the healers. In PvE this really a non-issue, since you won't be leaving combat until the fight is over unless you cloaking screen.

If managed correctly, energy is an extremely powerful tool, you just need to work on a better rotation and have better energy management forethought. Try using Overload shot less.

This just sounds like you are upset because you can no longer kill people before they are even let out of your stun. I feel like if this was reversed and a class other than yours could basically kill you before you were even able to react, then you would probably be on their forums complaining instead of this one, whiners will always whine, doesn't matter what MMO.

I fail to see your point here, do you want higher DPS when there are multiple mobs? Like when? Operation trash mobs? In PvP, concealment has almost always been the stronger spec, if anything I would like to see a DPS boost to Lethality to single target DPS to make it viable for well....anything.

I stopped reading here, you are just wrong.

I rather enjoy not having to compete with anyone for gear because less people play my class. I had full main spec and off spec Rakata before some people in my guild had even finished their full main spec. It is actually enjoyable for me to work on my rotation, and figure out the best way to move in and out of melee unfriendly boss mechanics to maximize my DPS in ops. It can be done, it just requires a little bit more finesse.

All in all, the operative class is by no means "unplayable" and I see no reason to "quit my operative" I think that the majority of the people that play the operative are just unaware of how to manage certain mechanics of the class.

If we could have more constructive topics about ways to maximize dps, ability rotations, and the best way to optimize mods and enhancements for the best possible DPS (Pro tip, the standard mods / enhancements in Rakata is nowhere close). Then I feel a lot more people would be happy with their IA.

Just a heads up to future readers. This guy is a Genius. He obviously has been around the Block as I have. Stop whining. Learn the class.

I LOVE my operative, because I took the time and effort to learn how to manage mechanics.

ALSO someone mentioned not being able to heal in PVP...

welcome to MMO PVPING..healers get killed.

Learn to LOS learn to heal yourself and HoT others.. if they focus you then your people take less damage.

BOOM ^ useful advice not whining

Stealth being a gimmick? Sorry, but I don't see it as such, you can turn invisible...The fact that it won't let you re-stealth as quickly as when you were playing your Rogue on WoW is annoying, but its tolerable. Your burst damage is still very high, especially if you are attacking the right target, like the healers. In PvE this really a non-issue, since you won't be leaving combat until the fight is over unless you cloaking screen.

Just a heads up from the PVP side of things, we can all see you and your wonderful stealth coming a mile away these days. In PVP, you aren't going to kill a healer who's not a complete moron.. or a merc. And no.. your burst damage isn't that high, the only thing it currently is higher then is a less geared operative. But hey, congrats on being part of a server that has such badly geared, and apparently terribly skilled players that you can do alright. On my server... concealment op's are a non-issue since you simply never face them anymore.

I'm so freaking tired of coming on here and seeing people complaining about one thing or another. It's definitely not limited to here, Commandos are taking over as the number one QQers now, but it's pretty bad. This is a game. It's meant to be played and enjoied. If you dont like the Operative class, then freaking roll a Sniper or, shall I remind you, there are three other completely different classes you can play as well. If you still insist on playing the Operative, freaking learn how to play as an Operative. Learn and adjust to the changes a class makes instead of coming online to complain about them. Newsflash: very few people actually care.

I'm so freaking tired of coming on here and seeing people complaining about one thing or another. It's definitely not limited to here, Commandos are taking over as the number one QQers now, but it's pretty bad. This is a game. It's meant to be played and enjoied. If you dont like the Operative class, then freaking roll a Sniper or, shall I remind you, there are three other completely different classes you can play as well. If you still insist on playing the Operative, freaking learn how to play as an Operative. Learn and adjust to the changes a class makes instead of coming online to complain about them. Newsflash: very few people actually care.

Waaah waaah waaah.

Why the hell are you on these forums then? :rolleyes:

Why the hell did you bother clicking on this thread then? :rolleyes:

Why the hell did you bother posting in a thread you don't want to have any part of? :rolleyes:

TROLL HARDER.

Edited by Xaearth

Waaah waaah waaah.

Why the hell are you on these forums then? :rolleyes:

Why the hell did you bother clicking on this thread then? :rolleyes:

Why the hell did you bother posting in a thread you don't want to have any part of? :rolleyes:

TROLL HARDER.

You should reallydirect that at the OP.

Are you a member of the dev team or one of their contracted testers? :rolleyes:

No, I have an active sub, login and actually play the game as opposed to bleating like a stuck pig on the forum.

Edited by QuiJonPed

No, I have an active sub, login and actually play the game as opposed to bleating like a stuck pig on the forum.

Really? You must live on a different planet then, because only EA/BioWare employees and aliens think combat consistently drops after 8s. :rolleyes:

you forget to mention that dispite the laugh being removed from the game there is still a sound and visual que when you obtain tactical advantage. Also, you forgot to mention that our healing in this game is probably the most balanced and if is used in the correct hands is the best. You also are completely wrong about energy as a resource because for-example, force users like sorc healers now have to sacrifice hp to regain their force which is counter intuitive for a healer.

As a healer who is sitting near the top of PvE on my server, I can comfortably say that operative healing is by far the most well rounded in the game right now. I constantly play with Mercs and Sorcs who are healing beside me and hear complains about too much heat and not enough force, in times where I never use my adrenaline probe to regain my energy because I simply cant run out of energy. Our surgical probe is by far the best "OH ****" heal in the game as well. Also, the addition of another TA point makes it extremely easy to throw FREE heals around to the entire raid.

And BTW, In my guild right now, the best DPSer is a sniper. So if you really believe snipers are UP as DPS then you are just playing incorrectly. He plays lethality as well and is constantly pulling threat off of the tanks in fights.

Edited by metalblaster

As a healer who is sitting near the top of PvE on my server, I can comfortably say that operative healing is by far the most well rounded in the game right now.

Ok ok, enough with the straight-man comedy routine, you already got us rolling here. :D

I constantly play with Mercs and Sorcs who are healing beside me and hear complains about too much heat and not enough force, in times where I never use my adrenaline probe to regain my energy because I simply cant run out of energy.

Wait... are you actually serious? :eek:

Our surgical probe is by far the best "OH ****" heal in the game as well. Also, the addition of another TA point makes it extremely easy to throw FREE heals around to the entire raid.

Phew. Ok, had us going there for a minute, nice ringer there kid. :D

:rolleyes:

Just a heads up from the PVP side of things, we can all see you and your wonderful stealth coming a mile away these days. In PVP, you aren't going to kill a healer who's not a complete moron.. or a merc. And no.. your burst damage isn't that high, the only thing it currently is higher then is a less geared operative. But hey, congrats on being part of a server that has such badly geared, and apparently terribly skilled players that you can do alright. On my server... concealment op's are a non-issue since you simply never face them anymore.

^^^ This, I agree with, people that are saying we are very high burst damage, *********** lololol, only vs fresh 50's, and very under geared people, same gear level as us and forget about it, some people are delirious, but that shouldn't surprise me, its these same people that play OP classes (like the 3 previously mentioned and in other threads) and with fully decked out gear and destroy new players and think they are skilled and know how to play better than others.

Sheep bleat, pigs squeal. If you are going to actively insult people you'd probably be better served by getting the basics right at least.

Edited by SammuelSK

So much crying on this forum, tends to be why I don't come here very often.

My guild is currently clearing the new content with me as a DPS operative, according to the parsers I am only ~5-6% behind the marauders in the guild. When I choose to PvP, I am normally up at the top of the damage meters for the warzone, and have no issues bursting anyone down. This is with full recruit gear + BM chest and Rakata Weapons.

We have no issues clearing content because of enrage timers, at this point it is just coming down to learning new mechanics.

If managed correctly, energy is an extremely powerful tool, you just need to work on a better rotation and have better energy management forethought. Try using Overload shot less.

This just sounds like you are upset because you can no longer kill people before they are even let out of your stun. I feel like if this was reversed and a class other than yours could basically kill you before you were even able to react, then you would probably be on their forums complaining instead of this one, whiners will always whine, doesn't matter what MMO.

I fail to see your point here, do you want higher DPS when there are multiple mobs? Like when? Operation trash mobs? In PvP, concealment has almost always been the stronger spec, if anything I would like to see a DPS boost to Lethality to single target DPS to make it viable for well....anything.

I stopped reading here, you are just wrong.

I rather enjoy not having to compete with anyone for gear because less people play my class. I had full main spec and off spec Rakata before some people in my guild had even finished their full main spec. It is actually enjoyable for me to work on my rotation, and figure out the best way to move in and out of melee unfriendly boss mechanics to maximize my DPS in ops. It can be done, it just requires a little bit more finesse.

All in all, the operative class is by no means "unplayable" and I see no reason to "quit my operative" I think that the majority of the people that play the operative are just unaware of how to manage certain mechanics of the class.

If we could have more constructive topics about ways to maximize dps, ability rotations, and the best way to optimize mods and enhancements for the best possible DPS (Pro tip, the standard mods / enhancements in Rakata is nowhere close). Then I feel a lot more people would be happy with their IA.

LOL yeah right top DPS in warzones with recruit and rakata gear ... i would global you in seconds on my powertech in that gear must be playing on a garbage server if operatives top dmg over powertechs or marauders even snipers

Yep here it is:

10. Tactical Advantage Laugh Removed: Seriously ***... im not even gonna start.

This doesn't really matter if you know your class you will know when you have TA, only thing that this really affects is kolto probe, and its not that hard to just take a quick look at your buffs.

9. Infiltrate is Totally Useless: Tell me honestly how many times you've use it for something actually meaningful...

This is true only time I see it being even kinda useful is at beginning of voidstar as attackers, and only if your teammates are smart enough to realize that you used it.

8. Stealth is Hardly Sneaky: Even with full Concealment buffs for stealth, there's always a good chance you're not going to get to your target before being knocked out of stealth. Sneak is super useful, and yet it's on a longer cooldown than a charge or sprint. Stealth is like wearing a white cloth over your head and screaming "I'm a ghost" if you are healing or lethality spec.

Completely agree

7. It Takes Forever To Get Out Of Combat: Stealth is our gimmick in this game, and its the only one we have. That being said Cloaking Screen has so much value in our arsenal and shouldn't be squandered because we've ran half way across the map and are still in combat.

Agree again

6. Our Resource Is Not Effective: Energy blows in comparison to focus and force users who can endlessly waste and burst with no consequences. Even for healers, the curve for heals per energy in comparison to Sorcs and BH was lacking. I don't know how this fairs though in 1.2 because I haven't tried healing yet.

Now with healers in 1.2 we easily outmatch other healers for energy saving.

5. It's A Dying Class: Besides Smugglers, were the least played class according to he guild summit. Now we share that demographic with snipers, gunslingers, and scoundrels. How many of us are there really? and why hasn't BW done something to make this class attractive?

I don't believe any class is ever a "dying" class we just have to wait for BW to wake up and realise a few things. it wouldnt be that hard get rid of flashbang grenade being a stun and rather just make it where they stop targeting whoever they are targeting or they loose like 10% accuracy then we wouldnt be as much of an LOLstun class, then just up our damage about 500-1k

4. Lack of Utility: Our only gimmick is stealth and stuns, if we are concealment. Lethality and Healers generally does not rely on stealth to do their jobs so toss that one out. What you are left with is a bag of stuns, a 3 second dodge, and a very weak shield. No pulls, sprints, charges, knock backs, invulnerability, or out of stealth CCs. Our offensive and defensive abilities just don't match up.

agreed the lack of a KB or a pull to ether self peal or peal for others is annoying.

3. Constantly Nerfed: I played Concealment in Beta and it pooped on kids. But since then, every major patch has effectively nerfed concealment damage for the soul purpose of Pvp problems. Bioware denies it, but I haven't found many happy with Concealment in 1.2 and they pay the bills.

Yes true atm it is being constantly nerfed but i think Ops deserved it at first since 9k crits was OP, but after they lowered the damage significantly, they shouldn't have lowered damage more, cuz the problem wasnt damage after that it was the stun locking.

2. Lethality < Concealment PvE: Technically 1.2 did buff our class with a slight increase to dps and a better rotation, thus making concealment good in PvE again. Unfortunately Lethality is still about 200 dps behind concealment despite it being better for AoE and multiple targets via dots.

cant say i play healer

1. Lethality > Concealment PvP: Lets face it Concealment is out. I had a full BM Operative who and I can't get my Hidden Strike to crit over 4k for the life of me anymore. I have to roid up if I even want to attempt somethings tricky. My lack of CC gives me little utility, which is something you need when fighting in melee, especially if you dont heal from dots and dmg. We're not bruiser, were not even tanky. The improved rotation, though useful, means nothing when you have to balance it constantly with multiple targets. Concealment is great point to point, but if you defray it over multiple targets you do nothing. With my burst gone, it was easy to pick the more attractive lethality.

yet again i just heal

Sorry guys for being a *****, I just really had to get this all off my chest. These are the reasons I struggle with everyday. I've been very faithful to this class in hopes of improvement, but it seems BW cares more about other classes, because they have move players. Well if our class in not attractive that's your fault BW.

Not saying I disagree with you completely a lot of what you say is true but some of it is not.. i put my response in red under your statements

So i hope no one takes anything i said in a bad way, we all have our own opinions.

Edited by SgtGiggles

I give you one reason why to continue playing the class. Because it is fun. A lot of fun to play. I have no issues healing or dps. I am 5% behind the mauraders in my guild on OPS. A lot of belly aching going on here but these are gaming forums. I believe this has to do with entitlement.

I give you one reason why to continue playing the class. Because it is fun. A lot of fun to play. I have no issues healing or dps. I am 5% behind the mauraders in my guild on OPS. A lot of belly aching going on here but these are gaming forums. I believe this has to do with entitlement.

We have already replied to you troll, and called your bs, your guild must suck if you are at the top of the dps sorry to say because all the top guilds Mara's around around 1700 dps and Operatives around 1200 lol , that is hardly 5%.

I don't see any reason to quit being an operative based on some of the listed items. All classes have issues with their mechanics in some way. None of those issues are reasons to quit those classes, including Operative. It's what I tell my 5 year old son "Crying won't get you what you want". The anonymous nature of the internet doesn't change that fact.

What is stupid is the fact that obviously the people that QQ about operatives are passionate about the class and they want it to be awesome. Too bad they display their passion in negative way's that primarily get ignored.

Edited by Obtena