Mods: Armour & Arms

saido

I'm rather confused. I was under the impression we could remove mods off of purples (for example) and that Arms / Armour could make mods? I don't see any mod schematics that I can make? I checked my trainer -- nadda?

So far the only useful thing I've seen in 1.2 is that I have a 20% R/E chance -- which is better than before.

Oh and my listing is better colour coded as I can see my Oranges but where are these elusive mods acquired from? And what can I strip from other gear?

I'm rather confused. I was under the impression we could remove mods off of purples (for example) and that Arms / Armour could make mods? I don't see any mod schematics that I can make? I checked my trainer -- nadda?

So far the only useful thing I've seen in 1.2 is that I have a 20% R/E chance -- which is better than before.

Oh and my listing is better colour coded as I can see my Oranges but where are these elusive mods acquired from? And what can I strip from other gear?

Mods and Armor plating are made by Cybertechs and enhancements (I believe) are made by Artificers. Gun Barrels are made by Armstechs (like me!). I have no idea who makes Hilts.

I remember that there were some modifications that were supposed to be made by other classes, but I think the schematics for those are sold at...I want to say one of the PvP vendors, but I can't remember just now.

"Synthweavers can now learn schematics allowing the creation of Strength, Willpower, Defense, Alacrity, and Presence Augments. Augments can be reverse engineered for a chance to research Prototype and Artifact quality schematics."

"Armstechs can now learn schematics that allow the creation of Endurance, Surge, Critical, Accuracy, and Power Augments."

"Armormechs can now learn new schematics that allow the creation of Aim, Cunning, Shield, and Absorb Augments."

-- This is what I am referring to. They tell us we can but don't say how...?

Augments and Mods/Armouring/Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts are two different categories of parts. In regard to the latter, what you were just told is true. Augments however were previously acquired through Slicing missions. Now those missions only yield schematics(?) to craft those Augments. So checking the GTN is your best bet on getting them.

Hope that helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.