RE fixed? think again

rjkishida

Personally I would have liked to see BioWare implementing a slightly more dynamic system that adds to the RE chance every time it failed; so eventually you'll have a guaranteed success even if you are the unluckiest person in the world.

Something like:

Base RE chance = 20%

Failed RE = +5%

New RE chance = 25%

Failed RE = +5%

New RE chance = 30%

etc.

I mean, if you've been at it for so long; eventually everyone would be able to figure out how to improve something in my opinion :)

I have no problem with a 20% chance. Atm however there's no way it's 20% on the old stored gear i am RE'ing. I've been REing since the patch went live on old gear with the "you have a 20%" message and not a single proc. I don't really care though as i need to get rid of that gear anyway....however there is something wrong. It may be intended to be a 20% chance but i don't think it is atm. I know im over 60 tries between all my alts. 0 procs out of 60 is closer to 0% than 20%.

If you roll a 6-sided die 6 times or 60 times, you're still going to have a 1 in 6 chance of getting a 1.

And that's a stupid system. Effort should be rewarded. Maybe you will be rewarded probably not is not cool. That's why there are badge and token systems in every game.

Edited by Zobel

Hello! Welcome to the 'I'm a statistical outlier' support group! =)

Ok, what's the probability of it happening then? If you want to blithely wave off my lack of RE procs. If I'm going to be special I want to know how special.

What are my chances of getting only 10 procs out of 200 with a 20% proc chance?

The only online calculator I could find only showed 3 decimal places for a 0.000% chance of it happening.

Edited by -Burninator-

Base RE chance = 20%

Failed RE = +5%

New RE chance = 25%

Failed RE = +5%

New RE chance = 30%

This would not work the way you think it would. It would be more like this:

Base RE chance = 20%

Failed RE = +5%

New RE chance = 21%

Failed RE = +5%

New RE chance = 22.05%

That is how percentages work.

Edited by Distracted

Base RE chance = 20%

Failed RE = +5%

New RE chance = 21%

Failed RE = +5%

New RE chance = 22.05%

So make it 25% increase each time then. The actual percentage increase is missing the point of the idea.

Base RE chance = 20%

Failed RE = +5%

New RE chance = 21%

Failed RE = +5%

New RE chance = 22.05%

In SWTOR percentages almost always stack, they do not add multiplicatively.

For example, the Smuggler buff increases critical chance by 5%. On my character, the critical chance without the buff is 25.63%. With it, it is 30.63%.

In SWTOR percentages almost always stack, they do not add multiplicatively.

For example, the Smuggler buff increases critical chance by 5%. On my character, the critical chance without the buff is 25.63%. With it, it is 30.63%.

In games, character stat percentages do tend to stack. They actually need to, or the maths behind it becomes too complicated.

When it comes to loot & rewards, percentages work as intended because it makes much more sense. Stacking percentages on an items chance to give you a new schematic for example, would do much more harm than good.

The old 'Magic Find' stat in Diablo 2 comes to mind as a good example.

Heh heh, sorry for all the mathemetical debate that followed my suggestion. I simply suggested a flat 5% increase to the tab after every failed attempt. So it's not 5% of 20%; it's just 20+5=25%. So just a static increase in RE chances.

20-25-30-35-40-45-50-55-60-65-70-75-80-85-90-95-100%

So the unluckiest person in the world would need a maximum of 17 RE's in order to finally get a 100% guaranteed chance to proc the item they wanted to RE.

I REd 148 green lvl 19 vibroknives before I got my first blue from it, so that tells me that there is an issue with the RE%.

However, I have been getting roughly 20% success on almost everything else I have been REing.

So, I am wondering if it is just that SOME of the things we can RE are not working properly, not that the system itself if broken.

And yes, I really did keep track of my 148 knives. and they were all crafted post 1.2, all said "20% chance" and the fact that I eventually got it to blue means that it was possible. As a futher note, I got it to purple after REing 4 blues.