The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

30-day free for lvl 50's

Kryodome

I am a little upset at BW/LA for giving accounts with lvl 50 only toons a 30-day free game play. Okay, yes you have spent a lot of time and energy on the game and earned your level 50 toon and should be rewarded for your "loyalty," however, there are plenty of us out here that do not have lvl 50's that spend what free time we do have in the game and should deserve some type of compensation, maybe not 30 days but maybe 15 or so. I have a real job that takes real time and I can not sit on my computer every waking hour playing SWTOR. I wish I could don't get me wrong. I take my time, enjoy the storylines and am not a "spacebar hero."

I have a LOT of alts (one of every class) to lvl 20 and two toons over level 30. I have spent a lot of time in game and think players like myself should get some type of compensation for being "loyal" since launch...

Just sayin'

Okay trolls....flame on....

I am a little upset at BW/LA for giving accounts with lvl 50 only toons a 30-day free game play. Okay, yes you have spent a lot of time and energy on the game and earned your level 50 toon and should be rewarded for your "loyalty," however, there are plenty of us out here that do not have lvl 50's that spend what free time we do have in the game and should deserve some type of compensation, maybe not 30 days but maybe 15 or so. I have a real job that takes real time and I can not sit on my computer every waking hour playing SWTOR. I wish I could don't get me wrong. I take my time, enjoy the storylines and am not a "spacebar hero."

I have a LOT of alts (one of every class) to lvl 20 and two toons over level 30. I have spent a lot of time in game and think players like myself should get some type of compensation for being "loyal" since launch...

Just sayin'

Okay trolls....flame on....

I am one of the few that will agree with you on this, that is not afraid of the flames.

I also cancelled my subscription earlier this evening.

You will not receive an apology, an excuse, or anything else from BioWare. All you will get are comments from other people flaming you for being "too lazy" to get to 50 by now.

Don't hold your breath for anything. Either keep playing and ignore the insult by BioWare, or hit them where it hurts and cancel your account.

Glad to see I am the only person NOT to lvl 50 yet, and agree why should those of us who have taken the time to explore the game be penalized for not having played one toon to lvl 50. Why are those of us who have been around since open beta and pre-order being relegated to the side due to preferred playstyle.

Hello everyone,

Please see this post from Dr Greg Zeschuk, our Studio GM, concerning the changes to the Legacy Promotion. Notably those concerning the eligibility for the 30 days of game time being made available to all those who have reached Legacy Level 6.

I hope this allays your concerns and answers any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries concerning this or other issues.

Thanks.

I am a little upset at BW/LA for giving accounts with lvl 50 only toons a 30-day free game play...

Wait, what? :)

Dude, none of us is entitled to any free gameplay. Bioware was so nice to grant 30 days free to people who have level 50 characters. They could've as well chosen to grant that time to people, who participated in beta, people, who have more than 3 characters or people whos character wears a green headgear.

And to the poster above me, canceling subscription because you didn't get some freebie while some others did, is nonsense :)

Enough said.

Hello everyone,

Please see this post from Dr Greg Zeschuk, our Studio GM, concerning the changes to the Legacy Promotion. Notably those concerning the eligibility for the 30 days of game time being made available to all those who have reached Legacy Level 6.

I hope this allays your concerns and answers any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries concerning this or other issues.

Thanks.

Sutii,

Sadly, that post does not address the actual concern. I wish that it did, but it just doesn't.

I really appreciate the gesture and the attempt. For some people it is enough to correct the slight against us casual players that have been here from the start (or even before).

If you are in the position to do so, please bring this to Dr. Zeschuk's attention; some of us want an apology. I don't want free play time. I want an acknowledgement that I (amongst many othes) are considered valued, supportive, and loyal players. We've been here from the start, or before; we've purchased digital downloads, collector's editions, or just plain pre-ordered, and paid our subscription fees and just, quite simply, enjoyed the game.

We are supportive by beta testing, spending time on the PTS, or playing the game to its fullest by trying all of the various storylines. No, we haven't made it to 50 on one character, because we've been enjoying the game on a multitude of characters.

I, for one, am just looking for someone to acknowledge that fact that I am supportive, that I am loyal, and am a valued player. I don't want free time to play. I just want to know that while you have identified players at level 50 as valuble, that you find my contributions in my ways of a value, as well.

Honestly, I can afford several 6-month subscriptions, may times over, but to have your Marketing Department tell me on their promotions page that I am not one of the [most] valued players, that I am not supportive or loyal because I don't have a level 50 is shameful.

I am supportive and loyal in many ways; just not in the desire to level to 50 within the first several months of the game.

I hope that makes sense to you, other players, and people at BioWare.

Some of just want to be acknowledged as loyal, supportive, and valued players. We've done our part by testing, playing, and paying; please just acknowledge that someone in your Marketing Department made a mistake and move on.

An apology for poor choices in wording will go a long way with a lot of people.

You sound like a child with an over inflated sense of false entitlement.

The fact that they changed the original gift of 30 free days to encompass a larger portion of their player base (specifically, many of the people who would have been left out previously) should be more than enough of an apology.

Frankly, I think it is more than most of the whiners deserved, but Bioware is obviously much more sympathetic than I would be. Luckily, the expanded criteria for the free 30 days will also benefit many players who were reasonable (but still disappointed) about the original offer of the free play time.

Edited by Tickdoff-Tank

for the most part, those that have advanced quickly to level 50 and expected a plethora of endgame content have been disappointed. In my personal opinion, expecting end game content - i.e. lvl 50 but still have tons to do - when a game is new is ridiculous. My opinion is not widespread, and there are a whole lot of unsatisfied players based on lack of end-game content.

Those of us (myself included) who experienced the breadth of content - light side, dark side, republic, imperial, multiple servers, etc. have really gotten a lot out of the game. However, those that made a single character have already run that character "into the ground" so to speak, and had little else to do with that character. BW/EA is trying to keep those that did not experience the breadth of the game "on board" by giving them 30 days to try out the legacy system.

This is not an attempt to alienate those of us that have made multiple characters, but an attempt to keep those that made only one in the community.

If you chose to make 10 level 20 characters, then you have already experienced more of the game than most of the folk with a level 50 character have. Please don't think of it as a penalty that you do not receive your "free" game time, but a recognition that you've seen more of the game than they have - and they're receiving an extra incentive to try out the parts of the game you've played through already.

for the most part, those that have advanced quickly to level 50 and expected a plethora of endgame content have been disappointed. In my personal opinion, expecting end game content - i.e. lvl 50 but still have tons to do - when a game is new is ridiculous. My opinion is not widespread, and there are a whole lot of unsatisfied players based on lack of end-game content.

Those of us (myself included) who experienced the breadth of content - light side, dark side, republic, imperial, multiple servers, etc. have really gotten a lot out of the game. However, those that made a single character have already run that character "into the ground" so to speak, and had little else to do with that character. BW/EA is trying to keep those that did not experience the breadth of the game "on board" by giving them 30 days to try out the legacy system.

This is not an attempt to alienate those of us that have made multiple characters, but an attempt to keep those that made only one in the community.

If you chose to make 10 level 20 characters, then you have already experienced more of the game than most of the folk with a level 50 character have. Please don't think of it as a penalty that you do not receive your "free" game time, but a recognition that you've seen more of the game than they have - and they're receiving an extra incentive to try out the parts of the game you've played through already.

How to say this without offending you....

Grooz, BioWare has more than enough "cheerleaders" quoting their scripture.

Let BioWare define the words they have chosen; do not try to translate for them.

I appreciate your sentiment, but only BioWare can explain their own words.

for the most part, those that have advanced quickly to level 50 and expected a plethora of endgame content have been disappointed...

Well, I'm personally not whining about the lack of end-game content, after I hit 50, I basically stopped playing since I didn't have time for it and from time to time, I am playing a different character.

However, I do understand the complaints, since the end-game content was overly hyped by Bioware before the game was released and they were promising a lot (while not showing much because it was supposed to be a "surprise"). So finding out, that the end-game content is unbalanced and far from rich definitely is disappointing.

But again, I don't even think that is the issue here. I wonder where are those times when nobody gave a rat's *** about bugs, nobody expected any freebies and everybody just appreciated the huge amount of work the developers put in and tried to help out to make it better.

We bought a game and we're paying $15/mo. for it, so we are entitled to play it, expect the game to work in full content as described and to a customer service (which from my experience is BY FAR the best in SWTOR than in any other game I've ever played or tested before). All of us get all of that, period.

Feeling entitled to anything else really is a childish behavior, as somebody stated before me.

Sutii,

Sadly, that post does not address the actual concern. I wish that it did, but it just doesn't.

I really appreciate the gesture and the attempt. For some people it is enough to correct the slight against us casual players that have been here from the start (or even before).

If you are in the position to do so, please bring this to Dr. Zeschuk's attention; some of us want an apology. I don't want free play time. I want an acknowledgement that I (amongst many othes) are considered valued, supportive, and loyal players. We've been here from the start, or before; we've purchased digital downloads, collector's editions, or just plain pre-ordered, and paid our subscription fees and just, quite simply, enjoyed the game.

We are supportive by beta testing, spending time on the PTS, or playing the game to its fullest by trying all of the various storylines. No, we haven't made it to 50 on one character, because we've been enjoying the game on a multitude of characters.

I, for one, am just looking for someone to acknowledge that fact that I am supportive, that I am loyal, and am a valued player. I don't want free time to play. I just want to know that while you have identified players at level 50 as valuble, that you find my contributions in my ways of a value, as well.

Honestly, I can afford several 6-month subscriptions, may times over, but to have your Marketing Department tell me on their promotions page that I am not one of the [most] valued players, that I am not supportive or loyal because I don't have a level 50 is shameful.

I am supportive and loyal in many ways; just not in the desire to level to 50 within the first several months of the game.

Some of just want to be acknowledged as loyal, supportive, and valued players. We've done our part by testing, playing, and paying; please just acknowledge that someone in your Marketing Department made a mistake and move on.

If you were unable to obtain Legacy lvl 6 to get Free time... Go play something more casual. Not an MMO...

I for one am impressed at the initiative of Bioware to retract their "lvl 50" free time and changing it to Legacy level.

Not that it mattered to me. Seeing I have 3 lvl 50's....

Sutii,

So you want validation from a video game company?

I think you want validation from someone else. Someone close to you. Someone who has been there with you your entire life.

*pulls you in inappropriately close*

YOURSELF.