Combat build recommendations

Agrojagg

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#5010cZGGdRRrrdGzZM.1

This is my current build. Specifically focus's on Combat's great strength's. Speccing into Master Focus makes Master Strike hit like a bus load of ninja's. Dibilitation keep's them locked down without getting away. Though knock-back's interrupt the advertised "non-interruptable" master strike.

This Combat spec is designed for high level gear. It's provides massive front load single Target DPS keeping the heat on the healer's.

Predation is a God Send in WZ's. Ranked WZ's will require at least 1 Combat Specced Sentinel just for the 80% run speed alone. It's too good. I easily keep up with Focus specced Sentinel's for DMG, and they are hitting MULTPLE targets, while Combat is a Single Target burst.

Leap --> Precision --> Zealous --> Master Strike to a quick Bladestorm is my bread and butter for taking down targets fast. Or you could throw in a Blade Rush before MS and end with that Blade Storm. Dispatch is now 30% and getting a target down quickly is what Combat is about.

Like I said before I another thread. This is my new home.

Thank you both for your input, and based on what you've given me I wasn't too far off the mark with the builds I was putting together. (I kept leaving out fleetfooted because I wasn't sure of it's overall usefulness.)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bcZuGMRRrrdGzZM.1

Ill be running that.

Honestly, most Combat builds will be largely the same.

The only real variance is how you spend your points in Steadfast, Crusader, Stagger, Master Focus, and/or Swelling Winds (and to a lesser extint, Rightous Zeal could be skipped if you NEEDED 2 more points). the rest is pretty much standard issue.

For PVE exclusive builds, the root and movment themed boxes would also be expendable if desired.

I have 1 question for anyone around the combat build. In Ataru for I am supposed to have a 15% speed increase. I am the same speed as everyone else... am I missing something? I also don't notice Leaps stun lasting that extra second.

Do the powers work differently in PvP or is something a little off?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#5010cZGGdRRrrdGzZM.1

This is my current build. Specifically focus's on Combat's great strength's. Speccing into Master Focus makes Master Strike hit like a bus load of ninja's. Dibilitation keep's them locked down without getting away. Though knock-back's interrupt the advertised "non-interruptable" master strike.

This Combat spec is designed for high level gear. It's provides massive front load single Target DPS keeping the heat on the healer's.

Predation is a God Send in WZ's. Ranked WZ's will require at least 1 Combat Specced Sentinel just for the 80% run speed alone. It's too good. I easily keep up with Focus specced Sentinel's for DMG, and they are hitting MULTPLE targets, while Combat is a Single Target burst.

Leap --> Precision --> Zealous --> Master Strike to a quick Bladestorm is my bread and butter for taking down targets fast. Or you could throw in a Blade Rush before MS and end with that Blade Storm. Dispatch is now 30% and getting a target down quickly is what Combat is about.

Like I said before I another thread. This is my new home.

No Valor? I dunno about this one.

I have 1 question for anyone around the combat build. In Ataru for I am supposed to have a 15% speed increase. I am the same speed as everyone else... am I missing something? I also don't notice Leaps stun lasting that extra second.

Do the powers work differently in PvP or is something a little off?

the runspeed doesnt stack with sprint, so its mostly just an in combat bonus runspeed - which is whats more important anyway

No Valor? I dunno about this one.

Actually. Having thought about it. I'm going to be taking away the 2 points Away from Stagger and put them into Valor.

Also, does anybody know for sure if Force Sweep is considered an AOE effect? Does Defensive Roll mitigate that DMG?

Actually. Having thought about it. I'm going to be taking away the 2 points Away from Stagger and put them into Valor.

Also, does anybody know for sure if Force Sweep is considered an AOE effect? Does Defensive Roll mitigate that DMG?

Yes, Sweep is AOE damage and reduced by Defensive Roll.

Also yeah, moving 2 points from Stagger and into Valor will be a major improvment to performance.

Im also a big proponent of just having 1 point in Jedi Crusader since the effect can only occur once every 3 seconds, and Rebuke can only return damage once every 1.5 seconds.

Sure you can gaurentee one focus each every other proc, but i dont mind letting the chances even out over two procs since I consider crusader "bonus" focus and not a main source myself.

Im also a big proponent of just having 1 point in Jedi Crusader since the effect can only occur once every 3 seconds, and Rebuke can only return damage once every 1.5 seconds.

Sure you can gaurentee one focus each every other proc, but i dont mind letting the chances even out over two procs since I consider crusader "bonus" focus and not a main source myself.

Yup. I knew about that. Had that on my Focus build. Being as I haven't played much Combat, and was WAY to eager to play. I rushed built my talents. But I just got off work early and time to theory craft baby!