Can't find the GUIProfiles

LeonBraun

Hey all... I've been looking now for a couple hours, watched YouTube tutorials, read threads and still can not find these files on my computer.

The folder that most are suggesting to look in is not on my computer.

I am running TOR on a bootcamp Mac and not sure if that's maybe why this folder doesn't seem to exist for me.

I have a guildie looking to share my UI and for the life of me, have not been able to find it for them.

Can anyone help me?

Hey try this

(Be in mind that i'm on a PC, not a MAC)

Through normal means of the directory, I can't access my appdata foolder either.

What I do, is type in the 'search programs and files': %appdata% and it should take you to a roaming folder. From their, go through SWTOR-> swtor-> etc. Hope it helps.

open a folder, doesn't matter what.

in the address at the top, type %appdata%

it'll most likely bring you to appdata/roaming

you don't want that, go up 1 level or click the appdata folder

now go to Local

then SWTOR

then swtor

then settings

then GUIProfiles

there you go! Sam's your uncle!

open a folder, doesn't matter what.

in the address at the top, type %appdata%

it'll most likely bring you to appdata/roaming

you don't want that, go up 1 level or click the appdata folder

now go to Local

then SWTOR

then swtor

then settings

then GUIProfiles

there you go! Sam's your uncle!

Thanks it worked! I have been looking for this for a very long time!!!!

Appdata folders are usually hidden; you can change the settings by going to Control Panel -> Folder options. (if you can't see folder options, you may need to change the category section to show large or small icons located near the top right corner for Windows 7 users) Once the options are open, go to View -> Hidden fIles and folders, click the option to Show hidden files and folders. Hit apply -> Ok, then go to C:/Users/yourname/appdata/local/SWTOR/swtor/settings/GUIProfiles and boom, you're done. Hope this helps.

Appdata folders are usually hidden; you can change the settings by going to Control Panel -> Folder options. (if you can't see folder options, you may need to change the category section to show large or small icons located near the top right corner for Windows 7 users) Once the options are open, go to View -> Hidden fIles and folders, click the option to Show hidden files and folders. Hit apply -> Ok, then go to C:/Users/yourname/appdata/local/SWTOR/swtor/settings/GUIProfiles and boom, you're done. Hope this helps.
We have a visual walk-through of how to do this in the How to Install a Custom UI Layout FAQ on our site as well as in our Installing and Using Customized UI Layouts walk-through. :) Edited by Cairenn

• 1 year later...

Important note: if you are on a PC with multiple accounts, the SWTOR folder is not under the admin user, or the user you installed the game under - it's in the AppData folder of the FIRST user you created.

Thus, if you - like me - spent hours looking for the folder and it's not there, look at all the other users under \Users or \Benutzer (or your languages term). I finally found it exactly where described, AppData\Local\SWTOR, just under an entire different user. And there was no apparent logic why the folder would be under that user.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.